Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=951ba39e4387b1ba34872883809cc41aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Important Costume Application Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Important Costume Application Information Reply with quote

LeiaMD wrote:
Hello! My husband and I just registered. We have costumes prepared -- Princess Leia's Ceremonial Gown and Han Solo, Episode IV.

We had photos taken by a photographer friend but they are only front/angled shots. When I initially read the instructions it stated only 1 photo could be uploaded. We didn't take side and back shots (for the Leia gown, you really can see everything on the angled front shot).

So...should we delay applying until we can take more pictures? Or apply with what we have?

Thanks.

You need to upload the other photos to a site like pinterest or photobucket. Then you put the links in your application. the only photo that gets uploaded to the RL site is the one you want to use as an action shot for your profile photo. If your application is already in process you can send the link where the photos are uploaded to the judge in charge of your application.

Hope that helps

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • MEB Membership Officer & Tosche Temple Mistress Oct 2018 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters 2015 to 2017
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State
LeiaMD ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Important Costume Application Information Reply with quote

Thank you. I pretty much understood that...it's just that under membership qualifications it sort of makes it sound like only one photo was needed. I wish that had been a little clearer, as we don't have another opportunity with our photographer friend, so we will have to take them ourselves with a much lower quality camera...

stardancer1914 wrote:
LeiaMD wrote:
Hello! My husband and I just registered. We have costumes prepared -- Princess Leia's Ceremonial Gown and Han Solo, Episode IV.

We had photos taken by a photographer friend but they are only front/angled shots. When I initially read the instructions it stated only 1 photo could be uploaded. We didn't take side and back shots (for the Leia gown, you really can see everything on the angled front shot).

So...should we delay applying until we can take more pictures? Or apply with what we have?

Thanks.

You need to upload the other photos to a site like pinterest or photobucket. Then you put the links in your application. the only photo that gets uploaded to the RL site is the one you want to use as an action shot for your profile photo. If your application is already in process you can send the link where the photos are uploaded to the judge in charge of your application.

Hope that helps
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only really great photo needs to be the action shot which is uploaded to our site. The rest on the highest resolution your regular camera can do is fine as they are not on the RL server but where ever you put them.

• UCGR - DXO 2015
AliyaJ (Aliya Jackson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a couple costumes in now, but what do we do if there isn't a crl for a costume we have? Smile
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliyaJ wrote:
So I have a couple costumes in now, but what do we do if there isn't a crl for a costume we have? Smile

For costumes without a costume standard you need to provide really good reference photos - Full Front, Full Back,(those are required) sides if possible and any other views that are available. If the character is from a video game you need photos to cover all angles. Also where the references are from and why the character is a Rebel good guy. You would upload the reference photos to the same place as your costume photos and include them in your application.

• UCGR - DXO 2015
LiamKissane (Adrian Rosenzweig)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI for future applicants whom are not yet Rebel Legion Members...

Enlistee costumes are not allowed to be approved starting Sept. 1 of each year until the Rebel Legion elections are over (generally that is the first week of October).

"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"
―Wraith Squadron motto, first coined by Myn Donos
sylverbard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: how does one become... Reply with quote

a costume judge?

I hear about a backed up queue all the time: how do I help?

I have free time, am very good at comparing pictures to data lists, i'm unbiased, and am very familiar with the Jawas, Tuskens, and OT and TFA costumes: less so with PT.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: how does one become... Reply with quote

sylverbard wrote:
a costume judge?

I have free time, am very good at comparing pictures to data lists, i'm unbiased, and am very familiar with the Jawas, Tuskens, and OT and TFA costumes: less so with PT.

If that is a desire you're welcome to contact the LMO and express your availability.

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011-2013 LCJ Takodana Base XO A. Legion Webmaster
sylverbard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: how does one become... Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
sylverbard wrote:
a costume judge?

If that is a desire you're welcome to contact the LMO and express your availability.

Thanks I'll do that.
Strength (Paul Strength)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: THANKS for the info! Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread. There's a LOT of GREAT information in here.

Coming from the 501st, I'm VERY familiar with the "3. BE PATIENT" part.

Look forward to joining, and appreciate the work of the LCJs.
TFE | Command Staff | Merchandise/DXXO
501st Legion | Honorary Member Liaison
R2/AstroMech Builders | C2-B5
Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know submissions were frozen due to elections, how long should we wait before following up on something sent in and also who exactly do we contact if we don't hear anything?

I'm not in any rush, I already have several costumes approved, but I submitted my X-Wing Pilot around the fist week in September and haven't heard back anything at all. I'm looking forward to wearing it lmao, so any help is appreciated thanks!

TA/TB/TI/TK/TK/TS/TS/TX/AR/BH/IC/ID/IS-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant Lead Event Coordinator

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
ionicdesign (Michael)

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navajo Bro wrote:
I know submissions were frozen due to elections, how long should we wait before following up on something sent in and also who exactly do we contact if we don't hear anything?

I'm not in any rush, I already have several costumes approved, but I submitted my X-Wing Pilot around the fist week in September and haven't heard back anything at all. I'm looking forward to wearing it lmao, so any help is appreciated thanks!

Hi Terry there are a handful of Rebel Pilots in there but I cannot see any costume form you in the queue. I don't know what happened but perhaps resubmit as it doesn't seem to be there.

Navajo Bro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
Navajo Bro wrote:

Hi Terry there are a handful of Rebel Pilots in there but I cannot see any costume form you in the queue. I don't know what happened but perhaps resubmit as it doesn't seem to be there.

Okay cool, no problems I'll do that now thanks!

Edit - that's on me, lol, I realized the first time I submitted it I forgot to add the jpeg for roster shot and must have just exited out after submitting and missed the "error" message hahaha! Whoops.

TA/TB/TI/TK/TK/TS/TS/TX/AR/BH/IC/ID/IS-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant Lead Event Coordinator

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
ionicdesign (Michael)

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, you're in the queue now, best of luck with the Pilot.

kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to applying for RL membership in the next few days, and wanted to check a few things, hopefully quick and easy questions. Smile

I know all about photo requirements (501st member) so no worries there. I know how to host images, deal with links, use Photoshop, etc.

My questions are regarding fields on the application form itself:

Character Name: Do I need a "Character Name"? If it's not required, what actually happens if I don't supply one? (I recall seeing names listed in the photo gallery)

Rank: What "Rank" would a prospective Generic Jedi put here?

Character/Costume Description: The second post in this thread mentions that they're really looking for details on the costume construction here, which is great. But do I really need to make up some sort of involved back story for my Generic Jedi, or is it totally fine to just stick to the actual costume information?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Legion Operations -> NEW MEMBERS: Check In Here All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: