Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ea7ad1ad792f593f519eaeacebc0eb6cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Joseph's Journey - Saturday August 1 (DATE CHANGE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScubaJedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Joseph's Journey - Saturday August 1 (DATE CHANGE) Reply with quote

EDIT!
NOTE! THIS HAS BEEN MOVED TO AUGUST 1st!!!

*** See My 6/3 post for updates

This troop is open to RL/501st and Mandos

Event Name: Josephs Journey
Venue: Waterton Canyon, Littleton
Venue address: see below
Event Start: 06/06/2015 - 10am
Event End: 06/06/2015 - 2pm
Event Website: http://www.josephsjourney.org/
Expected number of attendees: 50,000
Requested number of characters: as many as possible
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes

Comments: The fishing derby is for all children under 21 years old with a terminal or life-threatening illness, and their immediate families, including siblings. There is no charge for this event. There will be four different start times: 10:00, 10:40, 11:10 and 12:30. You may attend either start time and stay as long as you like. The children will attend short fishing clinics given by employees from the Division of Wildlife. These will be held at each start time and must be taken prior to being able to fish. Some of the clinics will be about knot tying, fish identification and casting tips. We'll also have some professional fisherman present, so if you've ever wanted to meet a pro, here's your chance!

Hamburgers and Brats will be provided.

If you have a fishing pole, bring it along. If you don't, there will be plenty available for your use. We have lots of fun planned so come enjoy the day and the outdoors!

This will be basically a photo op event!!
Weapons are permitted!

Gina - Scubajedi will be POC-ing this event!

Please sign up on the 501st website so we have a count.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE YOU WILL NEED TO PRE-REGISTER WITH JOSEPHS JOURNEY TO VOLUNTEER!

This is new this year since last year we had people "volunteering" showing up with 20 friends and fishing the whole day!!!

The link to register as a volunteer for this year’s derby is The Volunteer Registration Link is:

[url] https://josephs-journey-2015-fishing-derby-volunteer.eventbrite.com[/url]

With our gear, we can drive into the event (carpool if you can) you can park right next to the trailer so you are not taking regular parking spaces.

Directions:
Directions to Lake Lehow /Waterton Canyon Parking Lot

Address of the Kassler Center (across the street from parking lot) is 11250 Waterton Rd., Littleton CO.

-From I-70 and C-470

-Go east on C-470 toward Colorado Springs (14.6 miles)

-Exit onto S Wadsworth Blvd / CO-121 - go south (4.3 miles)

-Turn left onto Waterton Rd / CR-217 - go to second parking lot on left turn into lot (0.2 miles)

-From I-25 and C-470

-Go west on C-470 (11.2 miles)

-Take the CO-121 S / S. Wadsworth Blvd exit

-Turn left onto CO-121 S / S. Wadsworth Blvd. Continue to follow

CO-121 S. (4.3miles)

-Turn left onto Waterton Rd / CR-217 go to second parking lot on left turn into lot (0.2 miles)

There is a green gate in the corner of the lot. Follow signs to Lake Lehow. If you have a ton of gear you can drive on through and park by the trailer. However, we would ask that folks then stay the entire event so we can minimize traffic coming and going into the area.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"

Last edited by ScubaJedi () on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Gina!

I'll move this to the troop forum at the end of the day.
https://www.facebook.com/DHPFX
ScubaJedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Jeff.

This is tradition for Julie, Kat and I.

ScubaJedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: CHANGE IN DATE - Joseph's Journey - Aug 1 Reply with quote

Hello All,
if you registered to troop this event please note that due to high lake waters this event has been postponed until August 1.

If you already registered to volunteer, you should have already been notified.

If you are interested in volunteering because of the date change, please go to the MG501 to sign-up and get more details as I will post updates there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: