Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e39f67b90cca6ab95b05a33bcc3d4b18Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jamillia Underdress Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tawny (Tawny)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Jamillia Underdress Question Reply with quote

I have acquired fabric with the screen accurate underdress embroidery pattern. However, it's not brocade (or damask, jacquard as the CRL states)- it is an off-white organic heavy cotton sateen. The CRL states a brocade like-fabric that doesn't have to have the accurate pattern. But, I have the accurate pattern that's not a brocade-like fabric (or damask, jacquard).

Would this still be acceptable?
Tawny (Tawny)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Moving to the Jamillia Thread Reply with quote

Moving post..
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture of it? If it looks the part and have the right weight...

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Naergi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just chiming in because I *think* what she is talking about is the (indeed accurate) *printed* fabric which I have on Spoonflower.

As in the past several of my prints have been approved as substitutes for embroidered or otherwise embellished fabrics (i. e. Travel dress, Dinner dress), it would be interesting to hear from the judges if that is still the case.
I can personally vouch for the accuracy of the embroidery patterns on that particular fabric, if that should be an issue.
The fabric print was derived from the embroidery which I developed for my own Jamillia gown from exhibit pictures.

Now, the fabric of my own gown IS indeed embroidered (with ~800,000 stitches!), but I can perfectly understand that this isn't an option for everyone; given the time and money and, last not least, embroidery machine that is necessary to do it.
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She started a new topic about this over here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65930

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naergi wrote:
I'm just chiming in because I *think* what she is talking about is the (indeed accurate) *printed* fabric which I have on Spoonflower.

As in the past several of my prints have been approved as substitutes for embroidered or otherwise embellished fabrics (i. e. Travel dress, Dinner dress), it would be interesting to hear from the judges if that is still the case.
I can personally vouch for the accuracy of the embroidery patterns on that particular fabric, if that should be an issue.
The fabric print was derived from the embroidery which I developed for my own Jamillia gown from exhibit pictures.

Now, the fabric of my own gown IS indeed embroidered (with ~800,000 stitches!), but I can perfectly understand that this isn't an option for everyone; given the time and money and, last not least, embroidery machine that is necessary to do it.

I was wondering if it was yours, Naergi. Very nice! Amadalia
ROTJ Leia (complete)
TFA General Leia (complete)
Senatorial Leia (in progress)
Ceremonial Leia (in progress)
AOTC Jamilla (90%)
AOTC Corde' (in progress)
Mara Jade (501st Approved)
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done printing is fine. The fabric should just hang right. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Other Dignitaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: