Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=916f2f78f737086b5dc798a9b531d6bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

8/4/15-SW Celebration with John Jackson Miller-Chantilly, VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: 8/4/15-SW Celebration with John Jackson Miller-Chantilly, VA
Event: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Event Name: Star Wars Celebration with John Jackson Miller
Venue: Chantilly Regional Library
Venue address: 4000 Stringfellow Road
Chantilly, Virginia
20151-2628
USA
Event Start: August 4, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
Event End: August 4, 2015 - 9:00 p.m.
Event Website: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/
Expected number of attendees: 100
Requested number of characters: 2 or 3
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: As part of our Summer Reading Program, we are hosting Star Wars author John Jackson Miller for a "meet the author" night (a free public event) where he will talk about his Star Wars work, take questions and sell/sign his books. We would love to have some costumed Star Wars characters in attendance as well - perhaps some Stormtroopers - to add to the festive atmosphere. We'll likely also have some refreshments and door prizes, and we'll encourage attendees to come in costume if they wish. Note: the event starts at 7:30 but people will likely start arriving at 7:00 or earlier so it would be fine for costumed characters to arrive in time for pre-show mingling.

Attendees:
Firestorm Clan
Skywalker2B ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love John Jackson Miller's SW books! I don't know if I'll be able to make it on a Tuesday night though.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this guy wrote the 'prequel' book to Star Wars Rebels, I'm even more inclined to start that Kanan Jarrus costume I've been thinking about...

One way or the other I'll likely attend this one.
azri84 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the host...

As I mentioned, the new venue – Rocky Run Middle School – is at 4400 Stringfellow Road in Chantilly. The cafeteria space is nice and big, it’s just to the right after you walk into the school’s main entrance. When members of your group arrive, we should be set up to check in registrants outside the cafeteria. I’ll make sure they have your name and if you could get me any others that would be great. Although in a pinch, if someone says they are with the 501st Legion/Garrison Tyranus I’ll tell the ushers to let them in. (As if they would deny entry to a Stormtrooper or similar, haha!) We’re expecting a fairly big crowd of 250 people. FYI, I plan to be on site by 5:00…we expect audience members will start showing up by 6:30 and we’ll begin admitting them into the cafeteria at 7:00.

**I found out an important traffic/parking detail from my school contact: there is a new traffic pattern with posted signs saying cars cannot turn left into the school’s parking lot off of Stringfellow (if they are coming from the Fair Lakes area). Instead, cars should turn left at the next street (Poplar Tree) in order to enter the parking lot. Apparently, the police will ticket people who make the illegal left – so please alert any 501st-ers about this. Thanks!
Firestorm Clan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: