Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=de9cf54c94cb40ae69de64e4cfc6734dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gina Moonsong -- (Possible Spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhaethe (Cari Merola)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Gina Moonsong -- (Possible Spoilers) Reply with quote

I placed the possible spoiler tag up for those who may have not read the story yet.

The story in question is here: http://www.starwars.com/news/blade-squadron-part-one

One of the characters is Gina Moonsong, a B-Wing pilot, and they have an illustration of her in the article / story.

My questions are thus:

1. Would Gina Moonsong be a valid canon character costume build?
2. Does that chestbox look proprtionate to her frame (ie smaller) or is that just wishful thinking on my part.
3. Do you see how they represent the side fastenings of the vest? Smile
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade Squadron was the first fully canon story after Disney took over, so yeah, Gina Moonsong is a canon character and is eligible for a costume.

You have to take what's shown in pictures like that with a grain of salt. It's all an artist's interpretation. The chestbox might be smaller on her, but again, it's just a drawn picture. In reality, the chestbox would be the same size for everyone, but in a drawn picture things can be resized how ever the artist wants.

I don't see any side fastenings on the vest so I can't say anything about them. Razz

Interesting note, it looks like the artist used my previous B-wing pilot helmet as a reference for the ones in the artwork. That's definitely the temporary visor that I tossed together in time for Celebration VI, the canon visors look a bit different. Laughing

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rhaethe (Cari Merola)

2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I may try to wrangle her costume build at some point. And yeah, it was mostly my wishful thinking that she could have a scaled chestbox Very Happy

Very cool note about the visor and artwork! That is a little bit of trivia history right there Smile
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just remember, if you're doing a face character ... helmet design and hairstyle must be matched.

Rhaethe (Cari Merola)

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I already have her hair ... mine is buzzed on the sides and back, and all I have to do is comb it flat forward instead of spike it on top or flip it sideways Smile Only thing after that is the temp red wash I do from time to time.

That is what got me on this idea Smile

I was planning on getting a B-Wing helmet at some point. Should it have the standard visor, or the artist depicted one?
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard I'd think, esp. considering "artist interpretations."

Rhaethe (Cari Merola)

Dragon Con 2015 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to go for a more complete buzz as well as dye my hair more permanently light auburn ... sooooo, here I am in the DragonCon parade sporting my new Gina Moonsong 'do Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: