Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f122fcea762b67321eb04e6774a55df6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sydney Supanova 19 - 21 June, 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obickay ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Sydney Supanova 19 - 21 June, 2015 Reply with quote

Troop Report - Supanova Sydney

Its Sunday night and even though I only did 1 and a 1/2 days at Supanova on the Friday and Saturday, I am feeling a sense of post-convention blues.

Although I didn't hear much of the scuttlebutt nor see all the sights nor witness any particular armour fails or contentious events nor know everyone there which tends to make writing an interesting troop report a tad hard, I am going to give it a go anyway. I'll get the ball started with a post here and perhaps others can chime in with more details and pictures.

Weather: Indoors

Date/ Time: June 19 - 21, 2015

Troopers:
Too many, way too many....

Wranglers:
Loads of people during the weekend, some just wrangling and others taking a break from trooping by holding the fort down.

Mission Report:

Supanova on the first Friday was a welcome change from the previous events which started on Saturday morning. This extra day was a great way to get into the party spirit, get some trooping under the belt and to walk around the aisles between stalls with veritable ease. How I would miss that feeling of personal space when the convention really hotted up the next day.

Those handling bump-in did a mighty fine job setting up the Trash Compactor and our stall and all in all, the row consisting of us, the Rebel Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs looked very professional. Kudos to you all !

There were so many great costumers on display, all worthy of praise here. The sizeable contingent of Imperial Officers was great to see and having a Greedo now is a wonderful addition to the Garrison.

Sez left the Nihilius at home rocked her Chewie for the day which drew in the crowds requesting photos. Although not trooping as a 501ster at those times, the presence of her wonderful Wookie really had a marked effect on the coins entering the Black Dog Institute charity collection point. I must say that the organisation of the charity box and letting people know it was there if they wished to donate was well organised. Thankyou to Old Trooper's baritone voice there as well as to wranglers who helped solicit donations. I look forward to hearing of the final tally !

Having the change room upstairs was terrific - it was an oasis away from the crowd. The spirit there was very good and folks fronm various groups accomodated each other well. I did wonder though if a few non 501st/RL/Merc people also started to use it. Maybe someone else can elaborate. Such rooms need to be of course shared but I think its in our shared interest to keep such places secure.

A dinner at Hi Thai was held on Saturday night. Not having attended it, I can only surmise that the same number of 501st people entering the restaurant eventually left it, each of them had Thai food of some variety and a bill was presented by the restaurant. Whether it was paid or not is another matter entirely, I can somehow quite easily envisage the entire SCG doing a runner ! (ok, I am reaching here - somebody fill in the details in the posts below).

Personally, I enjoyed this convention more than other Supanovas of years gone by. I liked having a bit more space on the Friday and having only watched Firefly for the first time recently, it was good to see Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin there (it was also good to see some Futurama voice actors).

Thankyou to Tom for the scheduling, Mack for the organising of passes, to the many bumpers (in and out) and to everyone else who helped out in preparations in one way or another or who just turned up to make it such a great time. I know I am not the most sociable of troopers but I really do enjoy getting together with you all.

Armour Repairs :

Nothing particularly major yet although to my dismay upon unveiling my bucket from its carry bag, I noticed that it had taken on a distinctly yellow shade to it. I will swap it out for another for further trooping in the short term and get some sun onto it in the hope that the white will return.

I heard word from Scott that his RC also broke during the event. Hopefully thats not too major as it really did look the goods !

People Happy : Everybody looked to be having a great old time.

Mission Status: Successful - bring on Oz Comic-con.

A few photos follow :

Pre-troop shot taken from the change rooms we were provided (sharing with RL and the Mercs). Its a great getaway spot.

This purple haired / heeled girl does quite well in the height stakes against the imposing wookie !

Dave trooped in his RC as his TK needs a bit of work after Celebration. Big Dan is there at the desk in his Firefly hat.

The Trash Compactor Set

Chewie and a plethora of officers. The guy at the right of shot at the table is actually Ross Manuel, an ex-TAGger.

Duffman of course . . .

Some mega-shiny troopers . . .

Five Hours into the troop and we have our first hint of depravity with the appearance of the Bearded Officers Regiment

Great to see a Denizen amongst the SCG ranks . . .

Stolen from 501ss SCG written by TAG member Mgraeme
Adam.S ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex broke Sad

New South Wales/ACT
Australia
501st CC 5722
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: