Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db48ac683a6692fe20956b0201d01ca3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"Pre-Premiere" in Zürich 12/16/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Helvetica Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bookworm El V ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: "Pre-Premiere" in Zürich 12/16/2015 Reply with quote

The Swiss Outpost was only founded in November, so we were very lucky to be able to attend the big Disney-organised Red Carpet event for the Swiss Premiere of TFA together with the 501st Swiss Garrison. Most of us are members in both clubs anyway, so the event had quite a bit of "big, bubbly, excited family meeting". Very Happy

A group of around 30 people in costume attened, which is a record for Switzerland! We were rather well taken care of by Disney with changing rooms directly in the cinema building (and a Disney employee who completely went out off her way to get us some food between our troop and the beginning of the movie!) and enough time between the troop and the start of the screening.

As I was in my Queen Amidala costume (a work in progress), I did not take many pictures myself, but the photographer of the Swiss Garrsion is so nice to let me show his pics around (Patric Bebie Photography).

We were positioned mostly inside the cinema building - as you can imagine, Swiss december is rather freezing, so only the 501st Snowies had a good time outside, guiding the audience inside to the red carpet, which was actually white. Rather grey-ish by the end of the night, to be honest. Some Swiss "stars" (singers and television people) attended and were happily posing on the carpet with us. Lord Vader and the Emperor had an impressive entry, but the secret star of the troop were the four Jawas running around, causing a bit of good-natured mayhem and trying to take away the two little Fiat 500 cars (Fiat was sponsoring lots of the event).

Theatre was rather small (they had several rooms to show the movie almost simultaneously), so we had an almost private screening, which was cool. Before the movie finally started - and we were all so excited! - there was a short showfight of a Swiss "lightsaber school", followed by a lottery for an original Star Wars art - which I won! Now a nice drawing of Master Yoda is part of my collection:

There are indeed some of us hidden in the crowd. And some more are wearing their 501st costumes for the night.

Our Jawa with some 501st Jawa friends and red carpet audience. The made it to the front page of a Swiss newspaper!

My ticket. I'll keep it. Wink

We had a great time with Disney, the 501st and the audience. Media was of course present, but sadly their portrayal of people in costume was rather bad. Knowing this in advance, most of us avoided talking to them. (Swiss Garrison CO gave a lengthy interview, mostly about the charity aspect of both clubs, but alas, it got cut out.)
So, despite the little hick-up with some of the media, we had a blast. Great time with friends, family and fellow troopers and we all, Garrison and Outpost alike, loved the movie and went to the aftershow-party and finally home with a huge grin on our faces.

The following days there were some more "premieres" all over the country (due to Switzerland having four official languages, the premiere dates of the specific regions were liked to those in Germany, France and Italy), which we also attended (with the 501st) in smaller groups but still with big fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Helvetica Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: