Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d523111db386cc984a29890469271c6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Proposal TFA General Leia costume standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for boots and have a problem..... not only am I 5'9" tall but I wear a size 11 - 12 boot (not wide width). Most boots I have been finding have been either wide width or a dreaded 4 inch tall wedge heel. Is it possible to consider a riding style boot for some of us taller girls or those that can't wear heels? As long as everything else looks as close as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ceanannus Mor (Anne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be the fabric ?
https://www.housedecorinteriors.co.uk/fabrics/ashraffiaaubergine_raffia_fabric_aubergine_ashley_wilde_raffia_fabrics_collection/#.VrEt0k1f2M8
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceanannus Mor wrote:
This could be the fabric ?
https://www.housedecorinteriors.co.uk/fabrics/ashraffiaaubergine_raffia_fabric_aubergine_ashley_wilde_raffia_fabrics_collection/#.VrEt0k1f2M8

Oooh, nice find!
ROTJ Leia (complete)
TFA General Leia (complete)
Senatorial Leia (in progress)
Ceremonial Leia (in progress)
AOTC Jamilla (90%)
AOTC Corde' (in progress)
Mara Jade (501st Approved)
dr2red ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Color of the jumpsuit Reply with quote

In some pictures it appears khaki or taupe and in others a sage green. Do we have any way of being sure of the color. I don't sew very well and was hoping a premade jumpsuit would be a good start. I am not looking to win awards but to try my first Star Wars Cosplay for our local Comic Con.
dr2red ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Any idea how to replicate the belt buckle Reply with quote

From the front it looks like a handmade single buckle but on the side angle it appears to have smaller side pieces. So it could be a triple buckle.
MarasiahNaberrie (Julia Pizarro Malave)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing those linen shirts reminding me of Leia's jumper but remind myself that they aren't standard!!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kallabeccani wrote:
I am looking for boots and have a problem..... not only am I 5'9" tall but I wear a size 11 - 12 boot (not wide width). Most boots I have been finding have been either wide width or a dreaded 4 inch tall wedge heel. Is it possible to consider a riding style boot for some of us taller girls or those that can't wear heels? As long as everything else looks as close as possible.

Flat soles will be fine.
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formatted: (clarified and somewhat condensed)

TFA General Leia Organa

REQUIRED:

1. Jumpsuit (or shirt and pants)

A grey Sage green jumpsuit in a medium weight fabric with a yoke and turned over collar, three-quarter length sleeves with an upturned cuff. The left sleeve has a vertical pocket approximately 3 inches wide and 5 inches long.

The front closure of the jumpsuit is covered by a flap of fabric. The front is worn with the collar open and folder back. There are no visible fastenings .
A shirt and pants are acceptable if constructed of the same fabric. No visible pockets or other embellishments

2. Vest

A dark purple vest, mid-thigh in length, made from a linen-like textured fabric. The vest has two back pieces, joined together at the center back, with a one-piece yoke than extends from the shoulder blades in the back to the hem in front (there are no shoulder seams), attached with princess seams. The yoke is not connected to the vest at the arm holes, and two layers of fabric are visible there.
The vest must have one patch pocket on each side of the vest, attached between the side seam and sewn over the yoke piece in the front.

3. Belt

A black leather or leather like belt, two inches wide with a screen accurate belt buckle. The belt buckle is oval and in silver colour and is slightly wider at the top than the bottom, with a large dark center.

4. Boots

Brown boots that go almost up to the knee, with a rounded toe. A low wedge heel or flat soled. No chunk or spike heels.

5. Hair

Naturally occurring hair colors only. No bangs. Hair should be styled appropriately as shown on screen.

OPTIONAL:

The ring covers the lower section of the finger, and is made of two straight silver wires that meet and form a loop at each end of the ring.
A round blue stone is set in the lower loop.

Screen accurate ring with silver wire and two blue stones, worn on the ring finger of the right hand.

Last edited by Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon) on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get this up for a detachment vote next week, so please weigh in with your comments! (if it's not ready, we can wait)
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ring covers the lower section of the finger, and is made of two straight silver wires that meet and form a loop at each end of the ring.
A round blue stone is set in the lower loop.

This description of the ring is wrong. I would just have "screen accurate ring made of silver wires with two round blue stones" in the standard.

Also just a question, but why is the ring optional?
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all in favor of simplifying, and that does sound a lot better.

It's optional because it's a small detail that doesn't make or break or the costume.
Kallabeccani (Angela Basinger)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still finding it hard that the jumpsuit is grey.... I will go with grey but every reference photo looks light sage green to me. But I might know a few people I could ask who would know for definite what color it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kallabeccani wrote:
I am still finding it hard that the jumpsuit is grey.... I will go with grey but every reference photo looks light sage green to me. But I might know a few people I could ask who would know for definite what color it is.

Here's your photo:

Thank you for the information that it is SAGE GREEN, not gray. That's an excellent photo.

Is that a pocket on the sleeve? It's too big to be just the cuff folded back.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still call it grey, but then I admit that I had to look up sage green to even know what you where talking about and some of Google's results do fit with the jumpsuit color. A lot of others are way too green though.
Anyone doing what I just did might think the greener results would be fine from this description, so maybe it would be better to specify it's a light sage green? Or say light sage green or light grey as the jumpsuit color. That should deter the greener attempts.

And I could be wrong, but isn't the dark part in the middle of the buckle actually the belt going through it?

The ring also looks more golden than silver to me.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lora on the colour. I would say light grey or light sage green. I'd rather see a too grey jumpsuit than a too green one being submitted. I've seen this problem in the 501st where you have a bunch of too green imperial officers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rebel Command Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: