Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07a8bf08b390bbc78146431159ec20fdMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clone wars Anakin gloves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Clone wars Anakin gloves. Reply with quote

Hello, I have recently been adding upgrades to my clone wars Anakin and one thing that needs help are both gloves/bracers. I found a guy who makes the RoTs glove however he wanted over $300 for a set of gloves so that's out of my budget. Anyone know where to find the set of anyone good with making them?
LostSkywalker (Christopher Blair)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting you mention this. I'm about to start drafting a new TCW glove set myself, since I was able to obtain the show models and noticed a lot of often missed details. I'll be starting off with pleather to avoid any costly mishaps, and go from there, if you'd like to keep updated. Others than the gloves Claudio used to make years ago (he's since dropped the TCW set, probably lack of interest), I don't know of anyone else who made them.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostSkywalker wrote:
It's interesting you mention this. I'm about to start drafting a new TCW glove set myself, since I was able to obtain the show models and noticed a lot of often missed details. I'll be starting off with pleather to avoid any costly mishaps, and go from there, if you'd like to keep updated. Others than the gloves Claudio used to make years ago (he's since dropped the TCW set, probably lack of interest), I don't know of anyone else who made them.

Yea keep me updated on that would love to fallow the build! Yea Claudio is the person I talked to who wanted to charge me the cost of two Rots gloves even tough the clone wars has less detail and the other is just a plain brown bracer.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually much more than a bracer and an RotS style glove. The right glove isn't supposed to be the same glove as RotS, and not only are the two gloves mismatched designs, but colors as well. I've been gathering a ton of reference images for remaking thIs costume myself, throw me a pm later. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claudio can still make Clone Wars glove. Just email him, even though he no longer offers them on eBay. I'd say go with cowhide leather for more durability and longer lasting.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt2 wrote:
Claudio can still make Clone Wars glove. Just email him, even though he no longer offers them on eBay. I'd say go with cowhide leather for more durability and longer lasting.

Yea he makes them but wants over 300 for the set that's a little high for me :p.
Matt2 ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forceflaw wrote:
Matt2 wrote:

Yea he makes them but wants over 300 for the set that's a little high for me :p.

Weird cause I didn't pay over $300 for the set. I paid less than $200 for the set of glove. Are you sure you didn't ask for cowhide. Generally speaking, lambskins are usually more expensive than cowhide.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that was the cheap option. He use to offer the set for like $150 but apritnly cost has gone way way up.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of Claudio's prices have jumped in the last few years.his RotS cowhide glove just a few years ago was under a hundred, now it's almost $50 more. The TCW set used to be about 170 when he was still listing it, so...yeah, I just decided to build my own since the right glove is so different anyway.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this is from Feb. I acquired a TCW kit and am looking for a source to replace the gloves, should they get damaged or need to be replaced.

Was curious if you were able to get them made?
First Imperial Stormtroper Detachment | North Texas Squad Imperial Attaché
The Flagship Eclipse Detachment | Command Staff | Graphics
pstrength@stargarrison.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: