Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9d5305b9f108b5032e42272e894dfe5cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Completed Costume. But is it ready?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zamweasel2 (Emily Rabener)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Completed Costume. But is it ready? Reply with quote

I am new(ish) to the Echo Base and would like to get my costume approved so when I get my husband's sewn, we can both do Legion things.

Basically, I'm procrastinating working on his costume. I have all my patterns drafted and my prototypes fitted, so my next step is to start cutting my hero fabric and that's scary.

So I put my own Jedi costume on the mannequin for inspiration and to get some input on things I might need to change.

Keep in mind that this was circa 2001 and was based off of a few publicity photos of Anakin's costume from AOTC. I was very excited to get to see the future Darth Vader as a Jedi Padawan and loved the look of his dark robes. I made this to wear for the AOTC movie premiere. After seeing the robes in action in the film, I made a few tweaks and this is the result.

I have a few additional images of the costume from the back I could add.

A few notes: The mannequin is a little shorter in the torso and narrower in the shoulders than I am. It makes the tabards bunch a bit. On me, they are smooth and fitted.

Also, shoulder tucks on Jedi tunics weren't very common on costumes in the beginning so none of us knew how to do them very well and most didn't do them at all. They were also very hard to see on the episode I tunics; Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are so sloppy looking. Before episode II, all my Jedi tunics had padding and stabilizers in the shoulders and chest to support the tabards and make a cleaner straighter look to the collar.

Then, once I saw the episode II tucks, I would hand sew the tucks into the padding. So that's how this is made.

Thanks for your input.
-e
dbdgamer (Dan Decker)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long for me to comment, the robes themselves look pretty well done, alot will depend on fit, tunic length, arm length, etc, when your wearing it. Also you will need to add a few accessories to the belt probably. If you look at the standards there are a bunch of optional things that you need to include 3 out of the 5(or some similar ratio) to get your costume approved.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries.

I figured this being a local subforum, it might be low traffic. I posted a similar thread in the Jedi WIP forum and got a helpful answer.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=844754#844754

Thanks!
~emily
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: