Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e2bacbe17cc9a8981f29682ebcc870d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Body Paint Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Jenn (Jennifer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Ahsoka Body Paint Suggestions Reply with quote

Hello! I've been looking the many many Ahsoka threads on here for week and one thing I cannot seem to find info on is the body paint for her. I've never painted myself before so I'd love to here some techniques and suggestions on make up/color for her.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GeorgiieGina ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top tip - invest in a good setting spray! I cannot emphasize this enough.

Unfortunately I have not had time to experiment with colours and techniques yet but I can offer a few suggestions.

1. Patch test! Especially important if you have sensitive skin.
2. Make sure you have a good few mirrors so you can see all sides (and set up some decent lighting).
3. For Ahsoka in particular I would buy a white eyeliner pencil and use that to create your outline of her markings - then I would "colour" the lines in with normal face/body paint.

Generally I use the following brands of body paints - Mehron and Snazaroo but I'm a fairly skint individual (and UK based so no idea what brands you might have available) so I tend to stick to what I know.

Good luck!
srsmith332 ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My research has shown her color can be interpreted into two types of colors.

Burnt Orange or a Medium Orange.

My for-rays into makeup is in the distant future, with the way my current build is going. I intend to make my makeup from airbrushed inks but really I hear the paintbrush alcohol based inks are just as good for fine details.

Others seem to get their Ahsoka builds off the ground much quicker than I can, so stay tuned for their updates. If things go well, within a few months time, I'll have something you could look at if you haven't finished your experimentations by than.

I know one woman I was following had an excellent reference guide on the makeup + clothing. She did some kind of analysis with it all, I think she used Adobe Photoshop's dropler to identify the color codings of Ahsoka through various screenshots to get a solid hit on her color. However I can't see makeup being calibrated with a color code, like a paint mixer would do at a big box store for walls paints. I think her name was Alisoka.

WIP - Adult Ahsoka Tano (Season 3-5) Linky - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67686
TheGrayMando ()

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiieGina wrote:
My top tip - invest in a good setting spray! I cannot emphasize this enough.

Unfortunately I have not had time to experiment with colours and techniques yet but I can offer a few suggestions.

1. Patch test! Especially important if you have sensitive skin.
2. Make sure you have a good few mirrors so you can see all sides (and set up some decent lighting).
3. For Ahsoka in particular I would buy a white eyeliner pencil and use that to create your outline of her markings - then I would "colour" the lines in with normal face/body paint.

Generally I use the following brands of body paints - Mehron and Snazaroo but I'm a fairly skint individual (and UK based so no idea what brands you might have available) so I tend to stick to what I know.

Good luck!

For the Mehron do you just use the regular Orange in the Paradise line?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: