Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9f4f7d058e3d1a4468677d3af740a5f4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One Trooper Pix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philonius ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone so far is looking great! BUT....

EVERYONE IS TOO CLEAN Smile
Y'all need to get that stuff grimy & dirty!

That is all Smile
Massiff Squadron CO

"The value of moving slowly is that one can always clearly see the way ahead."
RogueRebel (Charles Bury)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just submitted mine for review, won't spam you with the full front back and side pictures but here it is!

Just noticed my helmet shield is crooked haha
twhigham (Troy Whigham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some dead links in the earlier posts from 2016, so hopefully mine will last a bit longer. Here are pics I submitted for LFL approval for a LEGOLAND event. I'm posting here as reference for those building their kits.

Helmet is an M1 with custom cover modified by Scarlet Stitchery, made from two sand-colored airsoft helmet covers from eBay. Blast Shield by Alan Amis. I added a Rebel pin to a piece of belt webbing and held in place by the rubber bands, to make me look more identifiable as a Star Wars character. I may just paint a giant Rebel phoenix symbol there if the pin isn't enough of an identifier.

Gorka 4 anorak top with pockets removed and washed in hot water a few times. USGI grenade vest dyed chocolate brown with RIT dye for synthetics, then painted black, then trim touched up with chocolate brown paint for weathering effect. Scarf is a $10 sniper scarf from Amazon.

British PLCE belt turned inside out, with Serbian mess kit pouch dyed blue and painted by me. French grenade pouch unmodified. British P58 pouches (sold as a pair).

Pants are Gorka pants that came with the anorak; modified by Scarlet Stitchery by taking the shin reinforcement, turning it sideways, and backing with ticking, then sewing back on as knee pads. Dyed it chocolate brown when I dyed the grenade vest.

Repro US Army roughouts, treated with Sno-Seal for water repellency, with Swiss leather gaiters worn on opposite feet (Left on right, right on left) so that the buckles were turned to the inside.

Gun is the Nerf gun, disassembled, painted, then reassembled. The orange safety tape is a carry-over from a theater troop. I took it off later. Eventually I'm going to improve the scope, but for now I took it off because it looked too much like a toy. Sling is from a Soviet Mosin-Nagant rifle.

The Slave Leia pin is a tribute to Carrie Fisher, who hated that costume but made it iconic in science fiction, almost as famous as the white dress and cinnamon buns (which I hate).

Links for all of this are in my comments in the tutorial thread.
Niall ()

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here and looking at how I'm going to create my own trooper.

How did you all create the Cassian-style jacket? Is there an existing pattern or market jacket you altered? Or did you create the pattern from scratch?

Thank you!
jonathansams (Jonathan Sams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my approval pics. I have since weathered the soft parts and put the symbol on the blast shield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50

Jump to: