Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f8eb1fff648159441079297af64aa750Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mon Mothma Rogue One
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tari (Philippa Lory)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My housemate got the Rogue One Ultimate visual guide yesterday and there are some really good clear full length photos of Mon Mothma. It's definitely a different costume. The fabric is a crepe/cheesecloth texture. The cords are metallic silver and the shoulder/medallion pieces are more button like with cord woven through them. I'll try and get the picture's up soon. There is also a lot more pleating in the shoulder and sleeve. Also no back cord. The ROTJ CRL would be a very good base for a new CRL. It would just need some amendments.

photo: http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Tari_Elven/library/Mon%20Mothma%20Ref%20pics

I've already bought fabric and the wig is on it's way! Very Happy
jedibarriss (Teresa Becker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.. there appears to be a seam in the robe and it is made bigger so that it gathers at the shoulder to overlap to make it folded/gathered. The great deal with the visual dictionary is it shows the shoes!! I did not see those in the film. The details on the broaches and Chandrillian Freedom Medal are very different as well and I will have to make totally new version including the chords and chains. The large silver cords are the same as my Ep 6 but the three holding the medal are different. They are actually woven into the medal with prongs holding the reddish orange cord and the flat silver cord around the edge of the Medal. The shoulder broaches are also quite different with a twisted silver piece in the center and a reddish twisted item at an angle across that.
The fabric is different for this robe. The novel confirms it is white but it has ribbing or crinkles unlike the Ponte used for ep 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: