Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6a41e55a597a001289af435a01b5094cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Roll Call - Star Wars Celebration 2017!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's going to Celebration?
Yay
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Nay
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Not Sure
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Users Voted : 5
Total Votes : 5
Detailed Results

srsmith332 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Roll Call - Star Wars Celebration 2017!
Event starting Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 am for 3 days

Hey guys! I need to write in here more... always so distracted with Facebook. Much more activity going on over there than here, so it appears. Tell me if I'm wrong there. Back to the matter at hand.

So, Star Wars: Celebration 2017 has just been announced and the race is on to find lodging in nearby locations. I've been told that 501st people can get a deal with lodging somehow. Does the Rebel Legion get that same kind of deal by chance?

Since their are folk like myself, I bet, that would like to go to this thing. I think it would be very beneficial for everyone to bunk with a person! I can understand traveling with another person could be troublesome, but it can also be very fun if both (or more than 2 folks) are banded together in a suite or something, splitting the bill and even helping out those who have alot of makeup that need applying! Think of the benefits and consequences. Their will be more benefits than consequences mind you Razz.

My travel addicted co-worker tells me that even in the hottest season of the year for tourism in Florida, Kissimmee frequently has rooms that are $23-25/night which is always an option. It's a 15 minute ride out from Orlando. For my case, this would be horrible since I got a huge headpiece that I'll wear! I won't be able to function well behind the wheel! XD.

My search up to this date has been dry for those who are interested in going with a group. Here are my preferred itinerary for the event:

Travel Itinerary:
-3-days @ the convention.
-Stay for 5 days. perhaps leave on the 6th.
-If were far away from the event, I can drive possibly. I'll get some practice with dry runs of my outfit in my SUV while I'm here at home.

My Activities:
-Go to Celebration (derp!)
-Go out to eat, preferably with the people in the room. Not a requirement. Would love to get together like a family Smile.
-For my costume, I will be using full body makeup. Will take a couple of hours to apply. I can be strategic and do it super early in the day, leaving room in the bathroom for those who'll also need it for their characters.
-For those who travel in couples or maybe even in a family, I got a cot. I'm used to sleeping on the Range, as it were. It's no big deal if you and your significant other take the bed. Just kick me if I'm snoring!!! (It's not so bad anymore since I lost a good degree of weight but i still do alittle. If your the one doing the snoring, I got ear plugs and sleep meds!)

That's about it, may the odds be ever in your favor! o7

WIP - Adult Ahsoka Tano (Season 3-5) Linky - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67686
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: