Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=08561c68cbfeea5dd45113b868d8e6c2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Tano question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormtrooperbane (Alice)
Devaron Base XO
Devaron Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka Tano question Reply with quote

Hello, I had joined some time ago but only recently got into Star Wars costuming and I was wondering if anyone could assist me. I have A LOT of tattoos and was told by a Legion member in MD I would need to have them covered better in order to be accepted as Ahsoka. Any advice?
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would a skin tight Ahsoka colored bodysuit be acceptable in this situation?

Kind of like those (Link:)morph suits I see at Party City?

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stormtrooperbane (Alice)
Devaron Base XO
Devaron Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed to using more body paint to cover my tattoos, I was mostly wondering how invisible, so to speak, I would need to make them. I'd actually rather use body paint since I feel it might be harder to match clothing to the color of the paint I'd be using on my face, if that makes sense.
Myna Sturnidae (Kimberly Ramsay)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormtrooperbane wrote:
I'm not opposed to using more body paint to cover my tattoos, I was mostly wondering how invisible, so to speak, I would need to make them. I'd actually rather use body paint since I feel it might be harder to match clothing to the color of the paint I'd be using on my face, if that makes sense.

Hello,

I suggest Ben Nye Cover Makeup for tattoos. It goes on smooth and blends well. I've used the Ben Nye Cover-All Wheel for skin discolorations. You can use a sponge to apply the creme makeup. Set the makeup with Ben Nye Neutral Setting Powder, and gently brush off the excess powder. This prevents the makeup from rubbing off onto your costume. Then, I would apply Ben Nye Foundation Creme makeup over the cover.

There are tutorials on YouTube on how to apply makeup over tattoos. Type "covering a tattoo with makeup" in your search.

I use Ben Nye; however, there are other brands of theatrical makeup you can purchase. Shop around online to find the best price and composition. Do a test on your wrist to ensure that you're not allergic to the makeup first. Follow the instructions to apply the makeup correctly. Hope this information helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Ben-Nye-Tattoo-Cover-all-Wheel/dp/B003FVZ0R4

http://www.amazon.com/Ben-Nye-Neutral-Setting-Powder/dp/B00ANG7AJK?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_4

Rebel Legion - Echo Base
Clones of the Republic (CT)
Wretched Hive (TR-AOTC)
The Wretched Hive XO
GRRRL 72
Stormtrooperbane (Alice)
Devaron Base XO
Devaron Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the info and the links
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: