Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3f838bf2b52fdc602f702c6a509b6624Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ROTJ Millenium Falcon Nien Nunb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogie ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: ROTJ Millenium Falcon Nien Nunb Reply with quote

I've purchased a Nien Nunb latex mask from Ray Nogues from Valencia.

I've been looking for reference pics of NN from ROTJ but there are none from the waist down so I'm planning on using the original ROTJ action figure, so was going to start with a red flightsuit with adjustments to closely match the scene from the Millenium Falcon and look out for a pair of Knobelbechers. I was then going to get a waistcoat made up, but the one on the figure is very plain so I thought maybe go for a dark blue version of the Han Solo waistcoat - as he's flying the Millenium Falcon.

I've seen a few NN with gaiters on their boots, but the original figure didn't have these. I think they're more in line with what he wears in TFA so I'm not planning on adding these.

Anyways, the mask arrived and here's some in-progress photos:-

And to prove it's really me:-
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking pretty good to me. Like you said, there really are no canon references showing what the Falcon cockpit Nunb costume looks like. I've seen the costume with and without a belt and with and without gaiters, though I usually do see the costume with gaiters most commonly. All of the action figures actually have gaiters on him, even the vintage Kenner one (though in this case the gaiters are just the same color as the boots), but whether the RotJ costume had them... Who knows?

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Pilot Mentor - Alpha Base Member

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boogie ()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word from the great man himself

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to ask one of the alien judges about your mask. I think that they usually require sphere-shaped lenses for the eyes but I'm not entirely positive.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boogie ()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
You might want to ask one of the alien judges about your mask.

Sorry to be such a noob, but how do I do that?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogie wrote:
Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
You might want to ask one of the alien judges about your mask.

Sorry to be such a noob, but how do I do that?
You could send a message to one of the alien judges. I believe TrooperPX is one of them.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> B-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: