Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=acda04917646d37f026d206b97251f25Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lehigh Valley Comic Con 8/6/16 - Schnecksville, PA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base -> Ghost Base Events -> Ghost Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Lehigh Valley Comic Con 8/6/16 - Schnecksville, PA
Event: 06 Aug 2016

A few members of the Mercs and Echo Base are planning to troop this event as well. I've attended this con before, and it was laid-back and fun.

Parking: Yes

Date: 8/6/16
Time: Show runs from 10-4

Schnecksville Fire Hall
4550 Old Packhouse Rd.
Schnecksville, PA 18078

I'm hoping to attend, so if anyone wants to carpool, send me a pm.

1. Amy Hill
2. Erin Blank (plus 2 Galactic Academy members)
3. J. R.

Last edited by Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove) on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Caileen Tauren (Erin Blank)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm penciling this in because the Lehigh Valley Carida group is so much fun. Smile
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pencil me in. I may be on call.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're advertising Rebel Legion's presence on their front page. If you can make it let's make it memorable!

Go ahead and put Ethan and Adin down as Jedi/TK please.
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go!!!!
Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
We'd really like to get a good turnout for this one. I think it's the first time Ghost Base will be at this convention.
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we getting a secure changing area?
Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is going to be fairly informal. To clear up any confusion, we are not getting in for free, but it's only $5 to get in, $4 if you show up in costume. And it's been confirmed that there is no separate changing area, just bathrooms. That said, this is the first time Ghost Base has had the chance to attend this convention and a small group of us are going to try and establish a rapport with this organizer. The Mercs were nice enough to invite us and I think it will be a fun day. If you were considering attending and this is a deal-breaker, we understand. Still you're welcome to join us.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this convention has promoted our presence for MONTHS without getting it coordinated for the benefit of our members I really don't understand why we are attending a convention - offering services to them - and still needing to pay and not having a place to secure our private valuables.

I'm not trying to be snobby here. Those of us who have shown interest will be driving at least ninety minutes to save face because the organizer has us on the front page of their website attending.

Reading through the archives this has caused major problems for our base and garrison.

The least the event host could have done was provide the least - passes, secure area for our gear. And they won't even do that.

I am disinclined to invest in any organization that won't offer us at least the basics. Changing in restrooms is unsanitary. If a fully clothed trooper, who sweats, has to take a break in a restroom they are susceptible to germ spreading. I know it's different for Jedi, we can basically wear our suits to the event.

GOing to need to think about this, especially since I have an event earlier in the day and I'd be late getting there in the first place.

Sorry for the negativity, but events like this concern me.
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caileen Tauren wrote:
Since this convention has promoted our presence for MONTHS without getting it coordinated for the benefit of our members I really don't understand why we are attending a convention - offering services to them - and still needing to pay and not having a place to secure our private valuables.

I'm not trying to be snobby here. Those of us who have shown interest will be driving at least ninety minutes to save face because the organizer has us on the front page of their website attending.

Reading through the archives this has caused major problems for our base and garrison.

The least the event host could have done was provide the least - passes, secure area for our gear. And they won't even do that.

I am disinclined to invest in any organization that won't offer us at least the basics. Changing in restrooms is unsanitary. If a fully clothed trooper, who sweats, has to take a break in a restroom they are susceptible to germ spreading. I know it's different for Jedi, we can basically wear our suits to the event.

GOing to need to think about this, especially since I have an event earlier in the day and I'd be late getting there in the first place.

Sorry for the negativity, but events like this concern me.

I do AGREE.
Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand both of your concerns, but this was mentioned when we were chatting over Facebook.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but this is our official forums. Not everyone checks both.
Bizarro Amy (Amy Dove)
Ghost Base XO
Ghost Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Is the problem because I posted it here or because of the lack of accomodations? I thought it would be better if I mentioned it so we weren't going in unprepared.
gplatzer (Gina Platzer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was miscommunication between the organizations and this event. It's been since cleared up. Just like some of the other cons members have gone to and either paid their way in or dressed in a parking lot, this might be a good one to go to help get our message to the event host. The goal would be to try and get us an official invite for next year and maybe our own booth, passes, changing area etc. If we don't, we don't go next year.

I wish we hadn't already committed to the Garrison bash or else I'd try to get out there for this.
Senpai (J R)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizarro Amy wrote:
I'm confused. Is the problem because I posted it here or because of the lack of accomodations? I thought it would be better if I mentioned it so we weren't going in unprepared.

No you did fine.
like you said this was discussed on the facebook thread.

I think it was a good idea to post it here too, just in case people who wanted to join us understood what is going on.

ill probably finish changing in the parking lot. Will NOT change in the bathroom.

But I do feel for people that are wearing armor or fur for this event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ghost Base -> Ghost Base Events -> Ghost Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: