Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9c460edd4e549561c7fca20d88770069Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka "Fulcrum" Tano Star Wars Rebels WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka "Fulcrum" Tano Star Wars Rebels WIP Reply with quote

Hello I'm at it again! I decided that I would work on getting both Ahsoka Tano's done in the next several months. While my clone wars costume will be finished this week (ideally) the Rebels costume will take a little longer.

Just like before I'm starting with a color match and holy crap there are a ton of colors to this!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Armor: Gauntlets Reply with quote

Might go in later and do some more weathering to them but I won't know fully until I get all of the costume together as a whole.
I have several more pictures of this including the hand pieces which are also done however, they are currently on a separate computer and not on the SD card I have with me today.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Sabers Reply with quote

I had these sabers 3D printed and I think I will go back and probably recast these from 'liquid plastic' instead of ABS

All of that weird bumpy stuff is caused by the person who printed them (friend of a friend who gifted them to me) I believe let them cool too fast or too slow I'm unsure but I sanded it down on one part and actually broke through the layer and into a gap in the 'honey comb' pattern. So once I recast them in resin I can sand those down without fear of breaking through the layer of ABS.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Armor: Waist Reply with quote

This is black art worbla over some thin craft foam, painted with acrylic and sealed. I'll do more to them later once I have the belts finished but since the armor takes the longest and is the hardest I decided to start there.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your beginning is looking good. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Hand pieces and other updates Reply with quote

So when I was doing this first set the other day I didn't have some of the pics on the computer/memory card I was working with so this one is the hand pieces.

As you can see this is before I did the raised button parts

On the underside I added a large snap in the center, the arm guards have 2 large snaps on them as well. Much of the other armor has large snaps too. The back side pieces have 2 strips of velcro since they don't move. The side pieces each have 1 large snap (might add another later) and the chest piece has 4 snaps (might also add another there)
Because after this Clone Wars build I am all headpiece-d out, I commissioned a blank one from someone, by blank I mean all the foam is done and then it's covered in a layer of spandex I wanted it this way so I could coat it with latex to give it that 'skin' look and then do all the stripes myself. It just shipped so I will take some pics after!
I have a basic pair of black leggings made, and the Base of the dress and gloves sewn as well. I am still deciding if I will do fabric for the upper arms. I dyed that a little lighter then the Clone Wars build but I think I might be alright.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Small belt done Reply with quote

So I am putting the cover on my headpiece today the original one was a 2 way stretch knit that actually did some weird crap to the shape so i got a new knit. But the brown belt (sans studs) is complete.

I'm adding some studs on it today or tomorrow it's hard to find the perfect sized ones but I believe that i have.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Grey Underbelt Reply with quote

It's midterm season for full-time college students and for me that means I have both projects and or tests every week from now until the end of the month. Yeah.

But I keep doing a little at a time because I don't want to rush this

I did the front on a fold so it will fasten in the back so the seam line is minimal and will mostly be covered up by the back thing on the brown belt.

All cut out ready to be fit and sewn up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Belts are done Reply with quote

I'm still not done with midterms along with working on fixes for my CW Ahsoka this one is slow going but it is going.

Next is to mark the placement for the side armor pieces on the belt and attach those.
The dress was done but I ended up not liking the fabric. The black leggings are done. All I have left to finish up is:
Boots, Dress, "sleeves", gloves, and the headpiece.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: IM STILL ALIVE Reply with quote

So this crazy thing happened called college. I'm a full-time college student and after midterms which was 5 projects and 2 tests I put this all on the backburner to muddle through BUT! My dress is sewn it just needs to be hemmed (which I shall be doing tomorrow)
Having said that... I may be using this costume to procrastinate on my Final projects sh... it's ok.
I only have 4 projects and 2 tests left but they are all in some form of being progress or another.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Dress is done! Reply with quote

*Important note* this dress form is probably 5 years old, it's adjustable and it broken in one spot so that's why things look wonky on it**
I finished this about an hour or so ago and I'm keeping on track. Wanted to have the costume done by rogue one and all of the costume part (not the headpiece) that I have left to do are the sleeves with the gloves
Oh and attaching everything together but that's not too hard
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Updated Lightsaber pic Reply with quote

My dummy hilts of my lightsabers were taken on a pretty messy background. Finally got around to taking some better ones. For actual sabers... I currently have 2 stunt sabers from Ultrasabers just to have something that lights up and looks cool in pics.

Bumps on the sabers are out of my control. I wasn't the one that 3D printed them nor chose who did, they were given to me as a gift.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good. It's nice work, and 3D print requires work to smooth out any bumps or indentations there might be. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Sleeves Reply with quote

Like my Clone wars Ahsoka costume, I decided to make sleeves for this one to reduce the risk of flare-ups from psoriasis when using body paint.
As always: this is a dress form, not myself, and this has no actual arms so things look a little off, when I attach all the armor I'll take a pic of it all actually on with the dress, and the belts

Front view, it's pretty low cut but that really doesn't matter since there will be a whole dress and a chest piece over it.

not having them on an arm stretches out the triangles

Like I said when I get all the armor pieces attached i'll take a photo of it all on.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: fit test Reply with quote

Alright, fit test with the dress, leggings, and "sleeves" Please ignore my face, my family is sick so I've put myself on a self-imposed lockdown so I don't get anyone else sick.

Front

Back Honestly there are a few little fixes I might change here and there but for a test fit, I really can't be mad

Side I think I might shift the attachments on the arm guards over just a tad but it might have been how I was wearing the sleeves as well

The other side, the sleeve kinda bunched up a little, nothing minor adjustment won't fix.

I didn't have the back armor pieces on while I did the side shots (as you can see) cause I was waiting for some epoxy to set on their attachments. but I did do another test fit with the side pieces on and everything fit really nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: