Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=239ada2d2fd26b149821decfee4ea558Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka "Fulcrum" Tano Star Wars Rebels WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your progress is looking good. Keep making those little alterations until you get just right. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Lets talk about boots shall we? Reply with quote

So I have in this little set the base boots not the spats they are separate but will be hooked together by a leather strap.
The Spats (which will be posted in the next few days once the paint is done) are one solid piece of worbla painstakingly heated as much as I could get it to my leg and then filled in any and all seams with plastidip, puff paint, and other various flexible fillers. I myself am also very flexible so I am in fact able to get these boots and spats on and off with little to no issues.
I'll be adding a few strips of velcro on the boots but that's not worth photoing since no one will be seeing it.
This is what I'm dubbing the base coats, the green base, middle, and highlight colors are going on first then once the spats are also to this point I will be adding in the tan stripes and other finishing details.
All of the paint for the boots and the spats are leather paint (you can see the bottle i used for the base "primer" it's the same brand for everything) and I love this stuff!

The white primer coat

Darkest green base coat

Middle tone that was pretty much thinly applied so a tiny bit of the darker tones would show through.

Top coat
yes I understand they are green given the fact that the boots are not actually silver that's why they are green.
Next steps will be to finish up the spats and then to paint on the tan stripe and other details and then the final step will be to repaint the soles once all the other painting is done.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Random spat pics Reply with quote

I figured I'd post a few just for my own sanity and knowing that they are in fact getting there. These are really just random photos and aren't showing the full progress, however, the painting of the spats to this point is the same as the boots.
White primer, dark green base, mid-toned green, and then a silvery green to top everything off, and then some sealing. One is still being smoothed out while the other is ready for the tan detailing.

This is after primer before any painting and about midway through smoothing them.
the one laying down is mostly done and the other is half done a little more paint and smoothing here and there and some sealing and we will be golden

Last edited by GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne) on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your progress is looking good. Smile Just be careful it doesn't end up too green, but that silvery-green mix. Look forward to seeing it done.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Your progress is looking good. Smile Just be careful it doesn't end up too green, but that silvery-green mix. Look forward to seeing it done.

Yeah I have a lighter final weathering color but that's gonna be after all my final smoothing and other painting is done
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. I'm sure it will be great. Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Base boots complete! Reply with quote

I added another, lighter green/silver (greener? Silen? who knows) to the boots, patterned out the tan stripes, painted them in a base coat then a lighter coat, outlined then in a micron pen, final weathering, painted the soles, and a sealer coat.

Masking out the pattern

After paint, weathering, and sealing

As for the spats: I'm smoothing them out a little more and I've done all the tan detailing and paint touching up I just want to really get them as smooth as possible.

Last edited by GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne) on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
CommanderMoonMoon (Jason Luu)
Rogue Base XO
Rogue Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good commandah!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are looking very sharp. Smile Keep up the good work.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Spats are finished! Reply with quote

It's so frustrating to want to upload progress but also wanting to wait until the thing is actually done. I had college, and a lot of smoothing stuff to let dry it was just a whole thing. But the spats are done now, complete with line detailings.
I never took photos of it but for the understraps, I patterned out like a skinny trapezoid shape, cut the smaller end on the fold, sewed over the edges, added a snap to one side and glued down the other. But I do have a pic of the glue setting

Then I did a test fit and after making sure it was all working called it complete. I can only get one side on or the other because the spats don't bend, I can't get both on which is annoying but nothing unmanageable

this is before some of the smoothing and none of the final details

after getting the fronts smooth I painted on the tan details

Final finished, with weathering (might add more later), final sealing, and final details. They didn't want to stand up on their own, but they are actually even.

Headband/headpiece update: I made the first headband from worbla and tried it on and got an instant headache from plastic on the temple, it also wasn't shaping quite how I wanted it so I started over with just eva it's in the process of being painted and weathered. The headpiece has it's white base coat on I want the headband done before I start patterning out stripes so I know where they are. I might post pics later today of the just white base coated one and some mini progress on the headband.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Headpiece update Reply with quote

So I ordered a blank headpiece from someone here on the forums and Etsy, I spent a good 2 hours doing some modding to it so that it fit me better and I then took the blank fabric one and coated it in latex and then painted it with the same leather paint I've been using for the boots because it works so well.
I'm unsure if I've already talked about that process or not.
I'm currently painting the headband before I attach it to the headpiece and then pattern out all of the stripes.

Keep in mind this is on a foam head with a stand that doesn't want to sit straight not matter what I do... stupid thing.

Bonus: pics from the first headband I made before scrapping it. But the process was about the same, make a template from paper, cut out of eva, use eva to test how it will fit.

I don't like how it looks straight up like that but also, it's not flush with the headpiece itself based on screen grabs from the show so I ended up shaping it to be somewhere in the middle.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good progress. Smile Looks like you did a nice paint job on the boots.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Paused Reply with quote

I'm going to pause this build for a while, I'm unsure how long, I want to try and focus on college and finishing it. Perhaps I'll work on it more once the semester ends.
I'll upload what else I have in a day or two
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: