Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4399596a3af842e7c93d2db18da834ceMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kanan season 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Kanan season 2 Reply with quote

Hey everyone I've almost finished my build but I thought it was about time to put this up for any other kanan's in the works just to show how I did mine

Starting with the armour I got the kit from KWDesigns/ imperial surplus, he did my clone trooper kit so I knew it would be quality, as far as I've seen he does the best vacforming I've ever seen so I'd highly recommend

firstly I trimmed the excess plastic off every piece and sanded the edges to remove and left over material

For the forearm, bicep and collar armour I used a process known as shimming which is gluing strips of plastic on the inside of the joins then using filler to fill the gaps

Once those 3 parts are joined and filled so its all flat I started painting using a silver undercoat then I applied toothpaste as a masking fluid putting it on the edges mostly then added the green on top then once the paint is try you can wipe the toothpaste off revealing the silver making it look like the paint has chipped off

Quick test fit with tape holding it together before finishing most of the paint work

Soft parts are early stages being done by Clothears costumes, the black under shirt is done and the main shirt is in progress

My saber was done by a friend who modified an old hilt he had and totally overhauled it, high end internals, cosmetic changes for accuracy and the emitter even separates from the main body in a twist like in the show, it really is a thing of beauty

Boots done by Crow 62 (Gio)

and my blaster was done by my friend Darren at purgeworks props

stroudy (Peter Truscott-Stroud)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great buddy. I know you've worked hard on this!

Elstree Base XO
Event Co-Ordinator
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice quick build of the comlink

And the bulk of the costume, just need to put elastic on the knees then wait for the last bits from Clothears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To disguese the fact I don't resemble kanan at all I've got myself a temple guard mask to wear most of the time, I'll still wear my wig so I have the ponytail, and I have a false beard to be styled and wear less often.

Made a few small adjustments.

I've velcroed the handplate to my glove as the black elastic was too visible next to the grey shirt

Did a bit of weathering to my saber

And I finally got around to elasticating the knees, 2 inch elastic as the crl requests

leather belts done with just the pouch left to be made.

Malachor temple guard mask complete.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will likely be put in for approval tomorrow so if anyone has any requests or advice about something that needs changing I need to know please, I'm hoping the lack of comment is because it is flawless Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think your work is awesome! I don't approve the stuff though -- just fan to fan I think you did a marvelous job!
Tal Skirata ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

propsqueen wrote:
Personally I think your work is awesome! I don't approve the stuff though -- just fan to fan I think you did a marvelous job!

Thank you very much!

App pics taken here goes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: