Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=18d993524cca6b81b464d77a3b5d64a6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/3/16 33nd Annual Dominion Richmond Christmas Parade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndWed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm
Ami-Lyn KelWed Sep 21, 2016 11:03 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiThu Sep 22, 2016 12:00 am
wgarthThu Sep 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Sol Kar PloonThu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 am
twilekjediSat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 pm
Mnt33rTue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm
Nikkos KhannSat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 amSat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 am
User Registered Confirmed
Bouri-PlwelThu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 pm
Koda VonnorTue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm
midichlorianloriThu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm
Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it bums me out, I'd like to give up my Chewie slot for the parade. I tested the 90% completed costume on Halloween and I'm just not happy with it. I'd like to toss it all in the garbage and start over with an NFT build, but my wife (the accountant) will crush me to recoup the $1500 or so I've invested into it already. Also, I start my master's thesis seminar on Monday so I won't have as much time to work on it for the next four months. I'm going to put it aside and reassess it in a month or two. Maybe I'll be able to salvage it in time for Celebration.

Chappie

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
Forestmoonstudio ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved the discussion over to the main Freedom Base forum.

Chappie

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=80475

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: To Chappie Reply with quote

FWIW, I just posted over on your Chewie topic. You're being too hard on yourself. You've done Chewie proud and it would be a shame to not see him in the parade. Smile I think he just needs a little tweaking but to me, it didn't seem like anything major. (Sometimes I go peek into other characters' topics to see how the costumes are made. So I have a slight idea of the amount of work and time you've put into it.)

Okay, so here's an update on my end...my husband had been anti-droid for the back of his truck...guess what...he's down for R4 now, if needed. In fact, he said if someone wants to ride along with R4 and make his head spin around for a little movement, that's okay with him. Shocked

And BTW, if you read this response first Chappie, your Chewie really does look fantastic! Smile
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: To Chappie Reply with quote

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:

Okay, so here's an update on my end...my husband had been anti-droid for the back of his truck...guess what...he's down for R4 now, if needed. In fact, he said if someone wants to ride along with R4 and make his head spin around for a little movement, that's okay with him. Shocked

Lisa could very well ride in the cab to operate his head, and I could stand with my droid in the flatbed if your husband would be cool with that.

Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's down for that. We're going to take pictures of the bed so the droid owner(s) can see where the tie downs are. We'll bring some extra straps with us, just in case.

He said his only requirement is that no one sits on the bed box because that's not sturdy enough to be a seat.
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:
He's down for that. We're going to take pictures of the bed so the droid owner(s) can see where the tie downs are. We'll bring some extra straps with us, just in case.

He said his only requirement is that no one sits on the bed box because that's not sturdy enough to be a seat.

I'm good with standing the whole time though we may want to figure something out for me to grab a hold of in instances of short stops n such

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am putting in my push for the parade.
I just looked at the 501st boards and they have 22 persons signed up.
We have more than 40 people in this base over the entire state from the mountains to the coast and from the NC border to the DC line.

I know that we just had Air N Scare but I am hoping that we can get at least 10-15 persons marching on the Rebel Side this year.
We have ROGUE ONE coming out a week after the parade.

Come on out and have fun marching with your Rebel comrades.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Looking for Lisa Reply with quote

My husband wants to know if he can get the dimensions and weight on Lisa's droid. I think he's thinking about building a platform to raise him up just a touch more in the back of his bed. Smile
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Lisa Reply with quote

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:
My husband wants to know if he can get the dimensions and weight on Lisa's droid. I think he's thinking about building a platform to raise him up just a touch more in the back of his bed. Smile

R4 is 30"x30" is approximately her footprint. And according to Lisa she weighs close to 100 lbs.
The other droid is going to be in the back of the truck temporarily while we are working our way to the beginning of the route and then he is going to roll the entire route. I have furniture mats that I am going to bring to put in the back of your truck to put her on for the short time she is in there.

Chewie is going to be in the back with R4 as well. I have the PVC I think that we used to support him last year at my house. I will bring it with me.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

I have received the information for the parade and our order of marching from the parade coordinator.

We are DIVISION 5 , and meeting in STAGING AREA C which is the Redskins training facility parking, just like last year

Our arrival time to that parking area should be no later than 8:30 am so please plan accordingly for the shuttles from the lot.

the Jeep and the truck for Vader and Chewie and the Droids will already be there.

We are listed in the Parade as INTERNATIONAL STAR WARS COSTUMING ORGANIZATIONS but we will be announced in the parade in the order of REBEL LEGION, 501ST LEGION AND MANDALORIAN MERCS.
Whether they go Freedom Base, Garrison Tyranus and Firestom Clan, I am not sure, but that is our marching order.

As usual I am planning on having a dinner Friday night at O'Charley's at Horsepen and Broad Street
6291 W Broad St, Richmond, VA 23230
We usually start around 7
I will post another thread for this.
All GT, Mandos and Rebels are invited!!!
If you need a parking pass, I will have them there.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all members who have helped organize this from the groups.
This has always been a great troop with the 3 groups and I look forward to next Saturday....especially Troy's donuts!

Joel Webne
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Lisa Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

Shivannd wrote:
Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:

R4 is 30"x30" is approximately her footprint. And according to Lisa she weighs close to 100 lbs.
The other droid is going to be in the back of the truck temporarily while we are working our way to the beginning of the route and then he is going to roll the entire route. I have furniture mats that I am going to bring to put in the back of your truck to put her on for the short time she is in there.

Chewie is going to be in the back with R4 as well. I have the PVC I think that we used to support him last year at my house. I will bring it with me.

Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our groups are #45 out of 93 in the parade and listed as
International Star Wars Costuming Organization (The Rebel Legion, The 501st Legion, The Mandalorian Mercs)
This year they got it right on the site...lets hope we are good to go on the announcements.

Looking forward to Saturday
Sat mostly sunny 52°/35° 0% chance of rain WNW 5 mph

Joel Webne
TGaines107 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is always an epic event and it looks like good coverage from our members! Hydrate! Start drinking water the day before! Eat and drink the morning of and if you have to use the bathroom there's a port o pottie in the staging parking lot before you hit the buses to go to the Science Museum/Redskins practice field. If you even remotely have to use it, do so or else you'll have to hold it for three hours. Look forward to seeing as many as can attend!
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base XO
Freedom Base XO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGaines107 wrote:
This is always an epic event and it looks like good coverage from our members! Hydrate! Start drinking water the day before! Eat and drink the morning of and if you have to use the bathroom there's a port o pottie in the staging parking lot before you hit the buses to go to the Science Museum/Redskins practice field. If you even remotely have to use it, do so or else you'll have to hold it for three hours. Look forward to seeing as many as can attend!

Thanks Troy.
There are usually a few at the Redskins lot too, but once we are there and moving there will be no chance to go again.

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: