Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=55deb94df3d646bd5c6146dc0efd2815Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/3/16 33nd Annual Dominion Richmond Christmas Parade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (8)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndWed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm
Ami-Lyn KelWed Sep 21, 2016 11:03 pm
Jon-Ari_KenobiThu Sep 22, 2016 12:00 am
wgarthThu Sep 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Sol Kar PloonThu Nov 17, 2016 5:59 am
twilekjediSat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 pm
Mnt33rTue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm
Nikkos KhannSat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 amSat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 am
User Registered Confirmed
Bouri-PlwelThu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 pm
Koda VonnorTue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm
midichlorianloriThu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 pm
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been contacted by the parade coordinator and a representative from the Richmond Times Dispatch is supposed to be contacting me to be doing an article on our groups and meeting with us at the Parade Saturday morning...(not holding breath, but hoping) so please make all efforts to be there NLT 9am. Traffic and such can be a bear, so plan accordingly when getting to the shuttle since everyone else will be doing the same.

If you are needing a pass, I can email you one or if you are going to the dinner I will bring you one there

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Koda Vonnor (BillCostigan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regrettably I have to cancel for this event due to a work-related issue. In 9 years I've only missed 2 of these. Sad

I hope you all have a fun troop!

~ Bill C.
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda Vonnor wrote:
Regrettably I have to cancel for this event due to a work-related issue. In 9 years I've only missed 2 of these. Sad

I hope you all have a fun troop!

~ Bill C.

I am sorry to hear about this....you will be missed.
We just lost our Boba Jeep as well as our Leia (Carolyn) too

We will see you next time. Sad

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it on Saturday. I got sick on Tuesday and am still off of work today. It looks like I've caught a cold that's been going around my office which has a 5-6 day recovery time, so I may not be well enough to march 3 miles in a rubber mask by Saturday. I will have to make a call by tonight, since I have booked a hotel room for Fri. and Sat. and will need to cancel today or get hit with a cancellation fee. I will post an update when I make my final decision later.
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you're feeling better, Lori!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that Ackbar makes an appearance. Smile
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do too.

this is a call to any and all Rebels within the sound of my voice. Come on out. Have fun. The weather is going to be GREAT!
We muster at 8:30 and will be having photos for an article for the Richmond Times Dispatch.
Step off is at 10 am and we will be done by noon and then we will go grab lunch or if you have to bolt we will understand.

COME ON OUT! SHOW RICHMOND WHAT THE REBEL LEGION LOOKS LIKE!
The theme is The Holidays at the Movies and we are one of the largest groups represented every year combined.

Come out and play for a few hours on Saturday. Troy is bringing the donuts and I am bringing the incredible weather!

Joel Webne
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, not much improvement during the day today, so I am going to cancel my trip. I'm sorry to have to miss it, but there's no way I'll be ready to wear a mask for 3 miles by Saturday. Have a great time!
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad Please feel better.

It seems like our Rebels are dropping like flies here.
There must be a really good Imperial sharpshooter out there somewhere.

Joel Webne
Mnt33r (Dave Chapman)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got Chewie back from the groomers today. I think it turned out nicely except for the difference in shade between the mask and body. Nothing I can do about that between now and Sat though...first chapter of my thesis is due on Monday morning and I've spent way too much time on the Wookiee this week. Is it okay to attend as is? The pic is with the stylist, so I had no facepaint, gloves, bando, etc...just the raw suit. My wife still says the shading isn't as noticeable in person--pics make it standout more for some reason. Your all's call if you still want me to troop--I don't want to make the base look cheesy, especially with an unapproved costume.

Chappie

PS: I do plan on trying to curl the chin hair a little.

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Regional Captain

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak officially, but I don't think the color on Chewie's head is bad.

The haircut looks good! Smile

BTW, Shane realized something just now...we have a Bluetooth speaker he bought this summer for work. He wants to bring it, charge it tomorrow night and play SW music from it. Shocked Guess I'll be downloading music for it tonight. Smile

I'm still in shock that he agreed to come up there for this event! Very Happy
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnt33r wrote:
Okay, I got Chewie back from the groomers today. I think it turned out nicely except for the difference in shade between the mask and body. Nothing I can do about that between now and Sat though...first chapter of my thesis is due on Monday morning and I've spent way too much time on the Wookiee this week. Is it okay to attend as is? The pic is with the stylist, so I had no facepaint, gloves, bando, etc...just the raw suit. My wife still says the shading isn't as noticeable in person--pics make it standout more for some reason. Your all's call if you still want me to troop--I don't want to make the base look cheesy, especially with an unapproved costume.

Chappie

PS: I do plan on trying to curl the chin hair a little.

I think it looks fine. With the facepaint, gloves, bando, etc., I think you will look incredible. I agree with Amy. I think with the sun and such it will blend well.
Do what you need to with your thesis and we will see you Saturday morning

Amy, I am glad you have your speaker...I was going to bring mine.
Thanks again to your husband for being our Chewie and droid transport.

Joel Webne
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care of yourself, Lori, and get well soon. We'll miss you!

Chappie, definitely come out and play! The crowds will LOVE you! Hope to see you there.

Joel, the husband is coming too with Cmdr. Colt but is signed up over on the Dark Side. He can walk with either group, but we figured that if other clones happen to troop with the 501st he'd look better with them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twilekjedi wrote:

Chappie, definitely come out and play! The crowds will LOVE you! Hope to see you there.

Joel, the husband is coming too with Cmdr. Colt but is signed up over on the Dark Side. He can walk with either group, but we figured that if other clones happen to troop with the 501st he'd look better with them.

Well right now we only have Bradley as Commander Doom, so it would be Brian and him.
I am going to try and see if I can get Bradley to flank the truck with R4 in it along with Brian protecting the Droid, that way since they will be the only clones they get exposure not only with the RL but as Clone Wars characters too

Joel Webne
Punisha (Tim Allen)
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
twilekjedi wrote:

Well right now we only have Bradley as Commander Doom, so it would be Brian and him.
I am going to try and see if I can get Bradley to flank the truck with R4 in it along with Brian protecting the Droid, that way since they will be the only clones they get exposure not only with the RL but as Clone Wars characters too

Quinn will be Clone Wars Asajj
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me test run Chewie at the parade--we had a blast!

I need to tweak a few things and then I'll get my application pics ready. Looking at the events forum, it doesn't look like we have any events in Hampton Roads lined up until MarsCon--hope to be fully approved by then.

Chappie

501st:
Biker Scout
Imperial Line Officer
AT-AT Commander
ESB Darth Vader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: