Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=86496118376410ea234cf1e8fb5b2d34Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue 1 Premiere, Alamo Ashburn- Thurs, 12/15-Sat 12/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you prefer a 2D or 3D show for the group ticket buy?
2D
   [ ]
3D
   [ ]
Users Voted : 2
Total Votes : 2
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Rogue 1 Premiere, Alamo Ashburn- Thurs, 12/15-Sat 12/17
Event: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:00 pm

THE GROUP TICKET BUY IS NOW CLOSED. See details below.

We have been invited back to the Alamo Drafthouse at One Loudoun in Ashburn, VA to troop the Rogue 1 Premiere. We are invited to troop for any shows playing on Thursday, 12/15; Friday, 12/16; and Saturday, 12/17.
Event: Star Wars Rogue One Premiere
Address: 20575 East Hampton Plaza, Ashburn, VA 20147
Dates: Thursday, December 15
Friday, December 16
Saturday, December 17
Trooping Time: Will match Rogue One showtimes on those dates- we are invited to troop any shows for which we have volunteers available.
Please sign up on the sign-up sheet linked below. Note that there are two tabs- one to sign up for trooping times, and one for participating in the group ticket purchase for Thursday, 12/15.
Sign-up Instructions:
Trooping sign-up: Please sign up for the times you are available to troop for Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Alamo. There is no numbers cap, so there is no need to sign up to hold a spot- please only sign up for the actual times that you plan to troop. I will be using this chart to coordinate our manpower throughout the weekend, so please update it if your plans change. Please leave the showtimes column blank until we have the actual showtimes.

Thursday night 12/15 ticket buy sign-up: THE GROUP TICKET BUY IS NOW CLOSED. Anyone else who wishes to join us in the theater for the premiere will need to purchase tickets on their own. I will post up theater and seat number information after I buy the tickets tonight.

I will be buying tickets for the following people:

Lori Frye- 6
Anne MacAdams- 1
Jim Miller-4
Sean Illg-2
James Welsh-2
Lance Antill-3
Shane Hanna 2
Chris Brown-1
Julia Evans-1
Raymond Trouve-1
Ben Jerauld-1
Chris Porta-6
Justin Lyon-1
Anna Mitchell-2
Ryan Rovnak-2
Jim Fratarcangelo-5

40 tickets total. I will try to get tickets for the 7 PM 2D show Thursday 12/15; if there aren't enough available I will go for 9:45.

Ticket pick-ups: I will be at the Richmond Christmas Parade Saturday 12/3 where you can pick up the tickets in person (if they have gone on sale by then). If youíre not attending the Richmond Christmas Parade, you can contact me and make arrangements to pick up the tickets from me in Reston/Herndon before the show day, or you can pick up the tickets from me at the theater on Thursday 12/15. I plan to be there by 4 PM to allow organization time before I suit up.

There is no group ticket purchase for Friday or Saturday shows- you will need to purchase any tickets for those days on your own. Ticket prices are $12 for 2D shows.

1. If there are people who you want to sit with during the movie, please coordinate and send in your ticket information and payment as a group. I will keep any groups together when I distribute the tickets. If you donít buy as a group, I canít guarantee you will have seats together (although Iím buying a big block of real estate for our group as a whole).
2. I will only buy tickets if I have received and accounted for your payment before the day that the ticket sales start. If you wait to pay at the last minute, I canít guarantee that I will see your payment in time to include you in the ticket purchase. If I am not able to buy a ticket for you but you have sent payment, I will refund your money and notify you as soon as possible that I couldnít get a ticket. Unfortunately, since availability is unknown, I canít guarantee a seat. Please include the earliest and latest showtimes you can attend on the spreadsheet- if there arenít enough tickets available in the first show, I will try to get a ticket for the next show if it is within your window.
3. The Alamo does not allow anyone to enter the theater after the movie starts. If you have not picked up your ticket before showtime, and someone else wants the ticket, I will give them the ticket, collect payment from them and refund your money. If you miss the show and there were no takers for the ticket, I will give you the ticket and you can go to the theater for a refund. I canít issue refunds for no-shows unless we are able to sell the ticket to someone else.
4. Payment: Can be made in person in cash or by PayPal- no checks please. Please send PayPal payments to lfrye0729@verizon.net . If you send a PayPal payment as Goods and Services, please include the 3% + $0.30 charge in your payment. ($12.66 for 2D or $16.78 for 3D).

Sign-up for Trooping Times:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DU5fbu-NoGBDIXwA_3Km6mz83PsvWTnxR3GX7DBrgiM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by midichlorianlori (Lori Frye) on Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:16 pm; edited 7 times in total
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How will this be coordinated with the Rogue One event at Udvar-Hazy?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Uma-Yann wrote:
How will this be coordinated with the Rogue One event at Udvar-Hazy?

They are separate events- individuals will choose which they sign up for. We actually have multiple theaters with multiple days available for troops in and near Northern VA:

Alamo (Ashburn): 12/15, 12/16, 12/17
Cinema Arts Theatre (Fairfax): 12/16
Smithsonian NASM Chantilly: 12/15, 12/16, 12/17
Smithsonian NASM DC (with OLG and Terrapin): 12/15, 12/16, 12/17

So, you can actually rotate around to multiple theaters over opening weekend if you want to troop multiple shows.

Once we get show times, we can better plan manpower across our events. I'll put a call out across the various clubs re: any shows where we need more people.

Personally, I plan on trooping each day of premiere weekend, and want to try to hit as many of the different theaters as I can. We are very lucky to have so many opportunities to troop the premiere- at some fantastic theaters.

So far no word re: when tickets will go on sale for the Alamo, which is disconcerting since we are almost a month out. The theater has promised to contact me and I'm also checking the Alamo website daily, but if anyone hears anything re: when tickets go on sale, please send me a message so we can organize the ticket sale. If they haven't gone on sale by 11/15, I'll post a spreadsheet anyway and we'll make do with collecting info without knowing showtimes.

Note that for the Episode VII premiere, the first show was at 7 PM on Thursday. We don't know if it will be the same, earlier or later, but please start thinking about your schedule and what are the earliest and latest show times you'd be able to make to actually watch the movie on Thursday 12/15. Please keep in mind that the Alamo does not allow late admissions.
goldenhawk (Neil Umayam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a plan. I will see what my schedule holds. I am definitely up for a troop at Udvar-Hazy during opening weekend.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the first post for information on trooping sign-ups and the group ticket purchase for the Thursday premiere. Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alamo advises that Rogue One premiere tickets go on sale next week, but Disney hasn't given them an exact day yet. If you want to participate in our group ticket buy, I strongly suggest getting the money in this weekend so that I have it on hand if they go on sale early next week.

Although there were few responses on the FB poll, the responses on the Garrison Tyranus forum showed a clear preference for a 2D show, so we will be getting tickets for the 2D show for the ticket buy.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alamo says tickets are going on sale this week, but we don't have a date yet. If you are interested in participating in the Thursday 12/15 group tickets, please sign up on the spreadsheet linked in the top post and get your money in by PayPal today. I need the money in order to pick up your ticket, and I may not have much notice about when the tickets will go on sale.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showtimes have just gone up on the Alamo website, but tickets are not yet on sale:

Thursday, December 15-

7:00 PM (2 theaters)
9:45 PM
11:45 PM

Friday, December 16-

10:40 AM
1:20 PM
2:15 PM
4:50 PM
6:00 PM
8:20 PM
9:40 PM

Saturday, December 17-

11:20 AM
1:10 PM
2:20 PM
4:40 PM
7:10 PM
8:10 PM
10:50 PM

I will try to get 7 PM tickets for Thursday for our group ticket buy once they go on sale.

I am revising the sign-up sheets- please sign up for any shows that you would like to troop. Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! The Alamo website confirms that Rogue One tickets go on sale this Monday, November 28 at 12:01 AM. Last call for the group ticket buy- please sign up and make payment for your tickets by Saturday, 11/26 in order to participate. I will head to the theater on Sunday and get in line to buy tickets when they go on sale at midnight.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE GROUP TICKET BUY IS NOW CLOSED.

Anyone else who wishes to join us in the theater for the premiere will need to purchase tickets on their own. I will post up theater and seat number information after I buy the tickets tonight.

See first post for details re: ticket buy.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited for this Thursday troop! We've got some really exciting costumes coming, like Hera and Nien Nunb! We'll get some great Rebels pics out of this one... pics
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we're looking forward to getting pictures of Ackbar and Nien Nunb together- that will be a rare photo op!
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics from Alamo Ashburn last night. We had a good Rebel presence!

This guy isn't a Legion member but they had awesome costumes nonetheless.

And Hera and Kallus are friends now 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: