Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f3e4f049906814e0b0801aa23de66c28Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP - Season 3 Kanan Jarrus
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billythebrickcosplay ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: WIP - Season 3 Kanan Jarrus Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm new here (just got forum approved today). I started working on a Kanan build several weeks ago and a friend suggested to me today that I should join the Rebellion and here I am!

So far I'm almost done with the mask. The only part left is figuring out how or if I'm going to give myself better vision (right hand side is some experimentation with white nylon and my original prototype mask).

I'm midway on my lightsaber build. It's a 3D print. Since the above photo I've done a coating of XTC-3D on all the parts along with a first round of priming and sanding.

I haven't made any of the clothing yet though I have started working on making patterns for the shirt and gloves. More to come!
ScruffyScoundrel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking great! Looks like we're using the same 3D file for the lightsaber; I really love it.

The Jaig eyes came out really clean!

You're one of 3 or 4 S3 Kanans! Welcome to the blind brotherhood! So you're using disguised slits to see through? I discovered that it's easier to see through dark-colored fabric than light.
billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if I was building it again from scratch I might have done it differently but now that the whole thing is built, I really don't have much option other than doing it in the whites. Along with my white contacts I'll be wearing, I doubt I'll have much visibility at all, but I figure a little is better than none. The way the mask rests on my face, if I look down I actually have a few feet of vision too so I know I at least wont trip or step on anything/one. Since I do plan to have the contacts and scar painted on, I can always take the mask off for walking around if it becomes too much of a problem!
ScruffyScoundrel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Where'd you source your contacts from? I've been shopping around but am wary of eye damage.
billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I'm really worried about eye damage so I asked around and the highest recommended place I got from a bunch of different professional costumers was Honey color.

These are the ones I ordered (currently out of stock thanks to halloween), but I needed ones I could get my prescription in too.
https://www.honeycolor.com/zombie-white-screen-halloween-lens
billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress has been a little slow this week, but I've purchased all of my fabric for Kanan's clothes. (this is what I bought in store. The rest I had to order online to find the right colors).

I also did a little more work on my lightsaber. I think one more round of primer and I can start painting now!

Lastly, I suck at wigs and can't really afford one anyway so I've just been growing my hair. I finally think I'm ready!
Josek Lomex (Caleb Pennock)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I've put mine on hold for awhile till I can find some sturdier green material. Plus I'm kinda fond of my season 1 armor...more so than being blind haha Also I had to shave for a troop... so back to square one on facial hair, gotta get that fake bear bought aswell uhg.

https://m.facebook.com/rebels.midamerica/?ref=bookmarks

billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm doing it backwards. Starting with Season 3 and then going back to do Season 1/2 later Smile On the bright side I could do both at one con with just a trim and shave if I go in reverse order Very Happy

Josek Lomex wrote:
Looking good! I've put mine on hold for awhile till I can find some sturdier green material. Plus I'm kinda fond of my season 1 armor...more so than being blind haha Also I had to shave for a troop... so back to square one on facial hair, gotta get that fake bear bought aswell uhg.

billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've coined a new term - Jedi Jeggings. I'm pretty sure that's what Kanan wears Smile

Spent most of the weekend banging these out. These are only the second pair of pants I've ever made and the others were baggy, drawstring pants. I'm really happy with how they came out AND they are the most comfortable pants I now own!
AlphaIgnition ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: S3 Kanan Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals, I too am doing a season 3 Kanan.. I wanted to ask about the belt details... where can I find them? I scratch built a belt the best I could but I'd love something better. [/img]
AlphaIgnition ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm new to the forum and dont know how to post a pic, or I'd show you guys my progress 😂
ScruffyScoundrel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, AlphaIgnition!

I 3D modeled the Kanan belt pieces for my S3 Kanan (same belt as other seasons, though). I can send you the .stl files if you have or know someone who has a 3D printer; I also have access to a printer and could print them for you... for a price... lol.

As far as posting pics goes, the pics need to already be hosted online somewhere (photobucket, imgr) and then you use the HTML shortcuts up there below the subject line to insert the pic's address. When you do it right, the pic displays in your post!

I've submitted the CRL and it should be going up for discussion sometime today, so keep your eyes on that as you build, and please give input!
AlphaIgnition ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scruffy Scoundrel! I just PMed you!
flutefreak05 (Lauren Lys)
Assistant Legion PR Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're off to a great start. Smile
The Flagship Eclipse Detachment PR Officer
billythebrickcosplay ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScruffyScoundrel wrote:
Hey there, AlphaIgnition!
I've submitted the CRL and it should be going up for discussion sometime today, so keep your eyes on that as you build, and please give input!

Where exactly do these show up to watch, contribute, etc.? I've been trying to figure it out, but it seems there's a few potential places in the forums it could pop up.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: