Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=86d6c48634ee66839560f53ff96b5f78Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Belmont Bruins Star Wars Night; 12/14/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Belmont Bruins Star Wars Night; 12/14/16
Event: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 am

I was contacted by David Fish, with marketing at Belmont. They want to do a SW night similar to what we have done at Lipscomb regularly. I believe he has submitted a request with the legion. I know he has submitted to the 501st. I have told my friend that referred him to us what the Lipscomb events have been like and she told me- they want to do better then Lipscomb. So we will see.
The details:
Belmont versus MTSU men's NCAA
12/14/16 at Belmont's arena (BelmontBruins.com)
Start at: 615p
End at: 900p

They expect 4000 people.

They were officially requesting 3-6 characters; 2 TK, Vader, Jedi.

He emailed me and was good with up to 10.
There will be a secure changing area and handlers are okayed. I get the feeling they just don't want to get whole families into the game.

Roster as of 12/9/16:
Matt Pfingsten- Chewie
Jacob Carpenter- Vader
Paul Doyal- Obi-Wan
Kevin Peters- Boba Fett
Eric Kirk- TK
Skip Curley- Kylo
Jennifer Curley- handler
Kevin Hardy- Mando
Michael Richardson- ?
David Franzen- TK
Adam Hehnen-  tbd

CS please edit as you need.

RebelMando

Last edited by Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters) on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total
FallenJedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for organizing this Kevin. Thumbs up
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to help a little more this year. Been good to be more active.

RebelMando
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is new information about next Wednesday at Belmont. First is information they are requesting.
Here’s what we’ll need this week…
1.       First and Last names for all volunteers/handlers (we can provide a credential for each volunteer and one for each handler)
2.       We need to know if any of them plan to bring families who’d need tickets.  If so, I’ll provide a link to get 50% off tickets.
3.       To know if any females will be a volunteer, as they will be using a different locker room.

Here’s all the details for you with one difference we are okay to arrive at 5pm for those like me that it takes a long time to get ready. I will be there at 5 so if you need anything you can reach me at 615-785-3125.

·    501st/RL volunteers should arrive between 5:30-5:45pm
o   Come to 2004 15th Ave. South and turn into the unmarked road toward the Belmont bell tower.
o   Take the first Left and drive up into the Curb parking garage.
o   Wind down to the 1st level and park
o   Enter VIP Entrance
o   A Belmont host will meet them there, give them a credential and show them to their locker room
·         Characters should try to be ready to interact with fans at 6:15pm
o   Characters can float around inside the Atrium concessions hallway and around the upper concourse inside the arena
·         We will have a photo booth selfie station setup on the concourse and would like each character to try to stop by for at least 10-20 mins to take photos with fans
·         We’d like to identify 2 characters who can help us by visiting the Bruin Club halftime hospitality room and interacting with adults up there in our Vince Gill Room.  One good and one bad.  Who could do that?
·         We’d also like to have a timeout in the 1st half dedicated to having all the characters on the court, maybe re-enacting a battle scene.  Thoughts?
·         After halftime (appx. 8:15pm), characters are free to go back to the locker room to change and depart OR are welcome to stick around and interact with fans at photo booth and on concourse as long as they’d like.

I think the best thing for the timeout would be a Jedi Vader lightsaber duel, with the rest of us watching and cheering on our respective side. The Belmont mascot will probably join as well.

Give me some feedback on any other ideas before Friday! And please reply with your information to points 1. 2. 3. above.

RebelMando
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the first post.

RebelMando
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of the saber fight, but I don't think the mascot could join us for the duel. Legal stuffs.

I would be willing to come as Barriss, but others would find it difficult to get there by 5:30 since it's a Wed Sad

The total allowed is a bit confusing though. Is that 3-6 in ADDITION to the TK, Vader and Jedi? Or including them?
Fear_the_beard ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle is 100% correct.

Demonstrations and/or performances involving base members is tolerated, but any training session, demonstration or performance involving children or adults (even a mascot) is definitely not permitted.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76137
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st post updated with current roster, I believe. If you do not see your name and you are planning to attend, please let me know so we can get your credentials to get in.
Also I have quite a few details to share with everyone so check back here before coming. I will make another post in timeline format and include directions and our contact person and such.

Also see the following information:

We’d like to identify 2 characters who can help us by visiting the Bruin Club halftime hospitality room and interacting with adults up there in our Vince Gill Room.  One good and one bad.  Who could do that? 
  I am going to say Chewie and Kylo here.               
We’d also like to have a timeout in the 1st half dedicated to having all the characters on the court, maybe re-enacting a battle scene.  Thoughts?
They would like to do the duel during the media time out 7 minutes left in the first half so it would be longer potentially than 90 seconds on the court. What about the weird Al  choreography for saga begins?   They could probably play the song through the PA.

We will need Vader and 2 TK's ready to go before the game and be at the 3 pt arc by 6:50 to present the game ball to the officials.

RebelMando
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdaydanie wrote:
I like the idea of the saber fight, but I don't think the mascot could join us for the duel. Legal stuffs.

I would be willing to come as Barriss, but others would find it difficult to get there by 5:30 since it's a Wed Sad

The total allowed is a bit confusing though. Is that 3-6 in ADDITION to the TK, Vader and Jedi? Or including them?

I did not realize that until today. They are good with up to 10 characters plus handlers. I know it is tough Annie, wish you could make it.

RebelMando
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay here is the timeline per Belmont:
5-515- arrival (I have let him know some may be later due to work).
615- ready to greet entering fans
615 and on- mingle with fans and take turns at the photo booth
650- Vader and TK's be at the 3 point bubble on the court for ball
presentation to the officials.
7min left in 1st half- Troopers performing during the timeout need to be at
the 3 point bubble by this time.

We’d like to identify 2 characters who can help us by visiting the Bruin
Club halftime hospitality room and interacting with adults up there in our
Vince Gill Room.  One good and one bad.  Which characters can do this for
us?
Kylo and Chewie will do this, but I am not sure of the timing.

Faride, is our contact for the evening and help us with access. The current
number I have is 615-516-4286.

Directions:

Come to 2004 15th Ave. South and turn into the unmarked road toward the Belmont bell tower.  Call 615-516-4286 upon arrival.
o   Take the first Left and drive up into the Curb parking garage.
o   Wind down to the 1st level and park
o   Enter VIP Entrance
o   A Belmont host will meet them there, give them a credential and show them to their locker room

RebelMando
Aerologos (Paul)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to withdraw from this event Sad
Sorry to leave you with no Jedi on short notice.
Maybe with some luck I can still make Rogue One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: