Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cfdaaaddd7ce32de23f2189752d3de58Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/4/16 Nashville Predators Star Wars Night, Nashville TN
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: 12/4/16 Nashville Predators Star Wars Night, Nashville TN
Event starting Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:00 pm for 5 hours

Location: Bridgestone Arena - 501 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203

Parking location and details: Free parking is provided at Lot R at Nissan Stadium. There will be a bus to transport characters to the arena. Arrival will be through our entrance at 6th and Broadway. Picture of entrance with exact details to be sent out leading up to the event.

Event date: Sunday, December 4th

Event start time: Doors open at 3:30pm, game from 5:00pm-7:45pm

Call time: 2:00pm

Changing room details: Meeting room located off concourse near 6th and Broadway entrance. Pipe and Drape for privacy provided.

Maximum number invited: 60. Can purchase +1’s for family at $15/ticket.

Open invite shared event with Mandos, RL, and Fan Force.

We will need quite a bit of handlers for this one to deal with the large crowds.

--------------------

Crystal - X-Wing Pilot
Chris W - TK
Robbie - TK or TB
Marcus - TK (+1)
Michael M - TB
James T - TK
Skip - Possible Vader or Kylo (+1)
John M - IG (+1)
Paul (RL) - TFA Luke
Ed - Rex
Julie - Juno Eclipse
Jacob - Possible Vader
Chris C - Mando (+1)
Shawn - TK
Brody - Clone (TENTATIVE)
Matt - Chewie
Kevin H. - x2 Mandos
Kevin P - Boba/Wedge
Meg - Ray (+1)
Maryanne - Leia

Last edited by Wolfie (Crystal Bass) on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aerologos (Paul)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in as TFA Luke please. (Signed in 501st board also)
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have Rey done for this, or can do Leia if I can get assistance with my wig.
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do this one! If Meg doesn't end up wearing Leia, I can wear mine. Otherwise I've got Snowbunny Padme or my Imperial Officer. :-)
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, my husband will be a handler if we need. He's very good at this thing.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either of you guys have a final on what costume? Since we're coming up on the weekend
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
Either of you guys have a final on what costume? Since we're coming up on the weekend

Talked to MaryAnne. She'll do Leia, I'll do Rey. I don't think there's an Obi-Wan yet - could Chris claim him?
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I dont think Chris will be a problem, he's approved and everything right?
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris is not approved yet, so no he cannot be Obi-Wan. I am sorry. He can be a handler, assuming we don't have enough yet.

As it is a high profile event with a professional sports team, we have to be careful with who attends in an official capacity. The Predators game in particular as it can get hectic and crazy depending on the fans attending. Having Chris in costume will bring up lots of potential legal issues should something happen like harassment, injury, etc with no protection fro the RL as he's not an official member. However as a handler, those expectations change and aren't as severe as he is not reprensting the legion in an official costumed capacity.

I also want to remind everyone who is attending, that drinking in costume is NOT ALLOWED! This applies to handler as well.

You are also not allowed to pose near or with any official symbols or signs. If it's on clothing, that is fine. (There's more to this one, but I'd need to refresh myself on the specific rules.) [/u]
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdaydanie wrote:
Chris is not approved yet, so no he cannot be Obi-Wan. I am sorry. He can be a handler, assuming we don't have enough yet.

As it is a high profile event with a professional sports team, we have to be careful with who attends in an official capacity. The Predators game in particular as it can get hectic and crazy depending on the fans attending. Having Chris in costume will bring up lots of potential legal issues should something happen like harassment, injury, etc with no protection fro the RL as he's not an official member. However as a handler, those expectations change and aren't as severe as he is not reprensting the legion in an official costumed capacity.

I also want to remind everyone who is attending, that drinking in costume is NOT ALLOWED! This applies to handler as well.

You are also not allowed to pose near or with any official symbols or signs. If it's on clothing, that is fine. (There's more to this one, but I'd need to refresh myself on the specific rules.) [/u]

K. I've seen people not approved participate in other events and I didn't realize this event in particular was such a big deal. No need to elaborate, though - I got the message.
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Meg, I thought Chris had submitted and gotten approved already. If you got clearance for him to handle though through the other forum he's fine out of costume. However, FanForce is also invited to this if he is a member of that as well.

The only issue with alcohol that may come up is there are tap handles and kiosks EVERYWHERE, it may be unavoidable that photos with guests have those in the background. But i'd hope no one is silly enough to go off buying it and posing with it on purpose.

Here is the parking and entrance information. note i'm just going to pay to park near the arena and walk. there are a few lots on demonbruen that are $5, and its $15 to park at music city center usually.

Quote:
First off let me say how much I sincerely appreciate you all participating in Star Wars Night with short notice!

Below are directions for arrival. The bus goes in about 15 minute increments from Nissan to Bridgestone Arena. So max time with waiting on bus, driving over, and walking should take you 30 minutes. Doors open at 3:25, which is when we 100% need to be set and ready go.
To make sure you are provided free parking, you will park at Lot R of Nissan stadium.

From here, you’ll be transported by way of bus from Lot R across the Bridge to the corner of 6th and Demonbreun. You’ll then walk down 6th Avenue towards Broadway, until you get to 6th and Broadway corner.

You will enter at the doors on this corner, they are near the Smashville Mural with the stairs leading down to the sidewalk toward the spire

From there, you will see signs that will lead you downstairs straight to the meeting rooms, where you can get changed and ready. Pipe and drape for private changing will be provided.

Cell phone is 615 545 0553 if you have any issues!

Bill Steele
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galacticat wrote:
Doomsdaydanie wrote:

K. I've seen people not approved participate in other events and I didn't realize this event in particular was such a big deal. No need to elaborate, though - I got the message.

The way this was invited to us, its actually including fan force and mando mercs so the restrictions are a little bit less than a formal event as far as costumed members being invited.
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RL and Lucas Films are VERY touchy with pro-sports. So much so that it's been mentioned in more than one meeting, event, and thread that we need to tread carefully when attending one. Whether the Predators view it as high profile or not is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things because Lucas films out trumps all others in this situation. (They've made it very clear. Long emails. Lots of details. Legal jargon.)

I realize that Fanforce and such are invited as well, but we aren't Fanforce and as I am still active Event Coordinator, I cannot in good conscience let an unapproved costume go to this event. What the other groups do for costumes, approved or not, is their business.

With that said, no unapproved costumes can go signed up as RL for this PARTICULAR event. The reason there have been unapproved costumes in the past was because they weren't as high profile and the costumes had been seen before by members of the legion. Specifically the event coordinator (me or Don,) the XO, or CO. (Don or Joseph.)

As for the alcohol comment, that was because of an event that happened earlier this year where members were drinking in costume and it was noticed by some people in charge. It was an adult event so we let it slide, but I just wanted to reiterate it since hockey and beer tend to go together Smile

I know this is all frustrating and I don't mean to sound harsh or mean, but I also don't want us getting in trouble for something easily avoided Sad

Meg, if Chris can go with you to another event soon so Joe, Don or I can see his awesomeness, we would LOVE that! I'm super excited to see his Han and hate that this is what happens.
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had thought about doing Poe since I will be doing Wedge the day before and we have another individual that would like to do Boba. But, I guess it looks like I will do Wedge again, since Poe is not approved yet.

RebelMando
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I should clarify. That last post of mine was a bit long-winded.

It's not the unapproved costumes from official members that is the bigger deal, it is having an unofficial member in a costume representing the RL that is the real issue. If you're representing our group at at such a high profile event (that had to be approved by LucasFilm fist) then you need to be an official member.

For example: Meg is official. I've seen her progress on Rey and I trust it'll be great when finished. She being in an unapproved costume at the Preds game is ok because she's already a member and we've seen the progress so far. Same for you, Kevin.

Does this help make more sense? I think I confused people and I apologize!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: