Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b7b22e7c6e4aef231bbed6af39d56d5eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/4/16 Nashville Predators Star Wars Night, Nashville TN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out I can't make it anyway, so apologies for all the hullabaloo. I've got a family thing that morning and won't have time to get ready in between since this starts so early. Crying or Very sad Sad I'm missing both events this weekend, but that's life.
Wolfie ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galacticat wrote:
Turns out I can't make it anyway, so apologies for all the hullabaloo. I've got a family thing that morning and won't have time to get ready in between since this starts so early. Crying or Very sad Sad I'm missing both events this weekend, but that's life.

aww poo Sad
Wolfie ()
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdaydanie wrote:
RL and Lucas Films are VERY touchy with pro-sports. So much so that it's been mentioned in more than one meeting, event, and thread that we need to tread carefully when attending one. Whether the Predators view it as high profile or not is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things because Lucas films out trumps all others in this situation. (They've made it very clear. Long emails. Lots of details. Legal jargon.)

I realize that Fanforce and such are invited as well, but we aren't Fanforce and as I am still active Event Coordinator, I cannot in good conscience let an unapproved costume go to this event. What the other groups do for costumes, approved or not, is their business.

With that said, no unapproved costumes can go signed up as RL for this PARTICULAR event. The reason there have been unapproved costumes in the past was because they weren't as high profile and the costumes had been seen before by members of the legion. Specifically the event coordinator (me or Don,) the XO, or CO. (Don or Joseph.)

As for the alcohol comment, that was because of an event that happened earlier this year where members were drinking in costume and it was noticed by some people in charge. It was an adult event so we let it slide, but I just wanted to reiterate it since hockey and beer tend to go together Smile

I know this is all frustrating and I don't mean to sound harsh or mean, but I also don't want us getting in trouble for something easily avoided Sad

Meg, if Chris can go with you to another event soon so Joe, Don or I can see his awesomeness, we would LOVE that! I'm super excited to se
e his Han and hate that this is what happens.

I was in LCS for the RL for 8 years in one capacity or another all the way up to LCO, I get the problems and such , however, If they have invited fan force though what are we supposed to do to say "those arent RL?" so you cant go? I mean hypothetically had Chris been FanForce with his ObiWan... I mean we cant make them stand somewhere else or uninvite fan force. I get that they obviously wouldnt be signing up as RL members using non RL costumes but because the cap involves all 4 groups though the list has to have people from all four on it, though a lot of people have canceled so we arent in danger of capping out or anything here looks like.

Speaking of coordination though, really someone should be attempting to help cross post stuff, i'm noticing a lot of things that really invite both being posted in one place and not the other. Sucks.
Hawaii_Rex ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there in Rex, signed up on 501. Julie may be able to make RL Juno.
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
Doomsdaydanie wrote:
RL and Lucas Films are VERY touchy with pro-sports. So much so that it's been mentioned in more than one meeting, event, and thread that we need to tread carefully when attending one. Whether the Predators view it as high profile or not is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things because Lucas films out trumps all others in this situation. (They've made it very clear. Long emails. Lots of details. Legal jargon.)

I realize that Fanforce and such are invited as well, but we aren't Fanforce and as I am still active Event Coordinator, I cannot in good conscience let an unapproved costume go to this event. What the other groups do for costumes, approved or not, is their business.

With that said, no unapproved costumes can go signed up as RL for this PARTICULAR event. The reason there have been unapproved costumes in the past was because they weren't as high profile and the costumes had been seen before by members of the legion. Specifically the event coordinator (me or Don,) the XO, or CO. (Don or Joseph.)

As for the alcohol comment, that was because of an event that happened earlier this year where members were drinking in costume and it was noticed by some people in charge. It was an adult event so we let it slide, but I just wanted to reiterate it since hockey and beer tend to go together Smile

I know this is all frustrating and I don't mean to sound harsh or mean, but I also don't want us getting in trouble for something easily avoided Sad

Meg, if Chris can go with you to another event soon so Joe, Don or I can see his awesomeness, we would LOVE that! I'm super excited to se
e his Han and hate that this is what happens.

I was in LCS for the RL for 8 years in one capacity or another all the way up to LCO, I get the problems and such , however, If they have invited fan force though what are we supposed to do to say "those arent RL?" so you cant go? I mean hypothetically had Chris been FanForce with his ObiWan... I mean we cant make them stand somewhere else or uninvite fan force. I get that they obviously wouldnt be signing up as RL members using non RL costumes but because the cap involves all 4 groups though the list has to have people from all four on it, though a lot of people have canceled so we arent in danger of capping out or anything here looks like.

Speaking of coordination though, really someone should be attempting to help cross post stuff, i'm noticing a lot of things that really invite both being posted in one place and not the other. Sucks.

1) We are RL not Fan Force. Rules are rules. I am doing my job. What you are speaking of is irrelevant because we are RL not Fan Fore. End of discussion. if you have a problem with it, you are welcome to message me privately, not fill up this thread.

2) I was told by the 501st not to cross post. A member of the MSG was going to do that. You should discuss that with your command staff.

3) We are moving on. The rules are the rules and they are set. If anyone else has a problem they may message me, Don, or Joseph and we can discuss it privately.
mxpxrobbie (Robbie Amburgey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, just hopping in after a while to check things out and since I'm both a RL member and command staff of the 501st here I thought I'd chime in.

These are open invites from LFL. They send these to all fan groups. I get that this is the RL board and it's to be used for organizing RL things, but this is not a cast event or anything so I don't see the harm in a prospective member showing up in a costume provided it looks good. But not my call.

Also, about the drinking thing, I assume it's referencing Way Late Play Date, which was a 21+ event at night. An excerpt from the charter, my emphasis bolded:

"Members must not use foul language, obscene gestures, and the use of alcohol or tobacco is prohibited while in costume and in view of the public, especially children. However, any convention or gathering where adult content is prevalent and/or is not considered an official Rebel Legion event, these standards may be relaxed."

I don't think anybody is planning on getting hammered at a Preds game (and if you are, then I'd love a loan), those beers are expensive but surely we are better than arguing, right guys?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxpxrobbie wrote:
Hmm, just hopping in after a while to check things out and since I'm both a RL member and command staff of the 501st here I thought I'd chime in.

These are open invites from LFL. They send these to all fan groups. I get that this is the RL board and it's to be used for organizing RL things, but this is not a cast event or anything so I don't see the harm in a prospective member showing up in a costume provided it looks good. But not my call.

Also, about the drinking thing, I assume it's referencing Way Late Play Date, which was a 21+ event at night. An excerpt from the charter, my emphasis bolded:

"Members must not use foul language, obscene gestures, and the use of alcohol or tobacco is prohibited while in costume and in view of the public, especially children. However, any convention or gathering where adult content is prevalent and/or is not considered an official Rebel Legion event, these standards may be relaxed."

I don't think anybody is planning on getting hammered at a Preds game (and if you are, then I'd love a loan, those beers are expensive but surely we are better than arguing, right guys?

Robbie I will tell you the same thing I told everyrone else.

1) This topic is done and over. The rules have been stated and that's how it is. Open invite or not, this is a LF decision and I'm following the rules I was given.

2) The alcohol issue was from a previous event. What it was or wasn't is irrelevant in regards to this event. If you need more information, you may contact me privately though as it doesn't directly involve you, I will probably not be very giving of information.

3) Any other concerns, contact me privately. Thank you.
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaii_Rex wrote:
I'll be there in Rex, signed up on 501. Julie may be able to make RL Juno.

Thank you for posting here as well Ed. I appreciate it!
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to make it Sunday. Sorry. I was car pooling with Meg.
Hawaii_Rex ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueRoommate wrote:

If you need a ride, Julie and I are happy to help. Where are you located?
BlueRoommate ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaii_Rex wrote:
BlueRoommate wrote:

If you need a ride, Julie and I are happy to help. Where are you located?

Aww! I'm in Spring Hill, but after Meg told me she couldn't make it back from Chris' family event in time I volunteered to come in to work Sunday (75 boyscouts at a historic site- they were happy to get an extra set of hands and eyes!)

I really do appreciate the offer, that is really kind!
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdaydanie wrote:
I'm sorry. I should clarify. That last post of mine was a bit long-winded.

It's not the unapproved costumes from official members that is the bigger deal, it is having an unofficial member in a costume representing the RL that is the real issue. If you're representing our group at at such a high profile event (that had to be approved by LucasFilm fist) then you need to be an official member.

For example: Meg is official. I've seen her progress on Rey and I trust it'll be great when finished. She being in an unapproved costume at the Preds game is ok because she's already a member and we've seen the progress so far. Same for you, Kevin.

Does this help make more sense? I think I confused people and I apologize!

Okay. Yes I was confused then. I will get the pants where they need to be soon enough hopefully. Everything else I think will pass now. I will be in as Poe then. Thanks!

RebelMando
Aerologos (Paul)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm switching over to Epi IV "Old" Ben Kenobi for this one due to horse poo on my luke's cape hehe. Ben
Wolfie ()
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsdaydanie wrote:
mxpxrobbie wrote:

I don't think anybody is planning on getting hammered at a Preds game (and if you are, then I'd love a loan, those beers are expensive but surely we are better than arguing, right guys?

Robbie I will tell you the same thing I told everyrone else.

1) This topic is done and over. The rules have been stated and that's how it is. Open invite or not, this is a LF decision and I'm following the rules I was given.

2) The alcohol issue was from a previous event. What it was or wasn't is irrelevant in regards to this event. If you need more information, you may contact me privately though as it doesn't directly involve you, I will probably not be very giving of information.

3) Any other concerns, contact me privately. Thank you.

Actually what it is does matter when certain people get free tickets to stuff. And honestly, it does directly involve us if its thrown out there as a warning to us not to be doing it because its been a problem isnt it? I'm pregnant so I cant drink regardless of if I wanted to, and its getting harder to troop anyway with the pains here and there, even though I've recently been trying to get back in it a bit despite how childish everyone in this area seems to be about these clubs. However, this whole thing is very non becoming of CS, but whatever, thats why we've backed off from all of it for a while. Sad how dead this place is though considering how many joint invites I know there are. Been this way the entire time we've lived here. Like a private club.
Doomsdaydanie ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone who made it out! December is such a busy month and there was so much going on this past weekend. I'm glad you guys made the effort Smile It looked like a lot of fun.

And Kevin, your Poe looked great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: