Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c1e3624ccf46a53c26d397180c93e341Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bodhi Rook WIP + Research Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Bodhi Rook WIP + Research Thread Reply with quote

Also starting my WIP here for membership

My WIP will also be cloned on the uk Forum too !

Last edited by crimson_dante () on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxhoundTCF (Ashley Tyler)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the costume falls into these categories

Head- goggles and hair
Flightsuit
Flightsuit accessories
Vest
Vest accessories
Boots

There are 3 versions of the costumes

Bodhi no vest - entry level - No pictures of this but you can see it in the movie

Bodhi no vest with endor style cape and hat - alternative version seen in press pictures and deleted scenes

Bodhi with vest ( relay cable )- I will be going for this version
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head
Goggles :

These are children's or medium sized splash goggles with lens from a weilders mask and the clear vents swapped for black ones

Basically these two items combined ;

If you look at the picture below and zoom in you can see that its actually two lenses stuck together on top of each other to give the depth, the give away is the writing on the lens it can be seen on the top and bottom, and you can see the seam line :

Hair :
Long hair held back by the goggles - any men's pony tail style hair will do that allows this - black obviously

Last edited by crimson_dante () on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flight Suit :

People assume its a standard tie fighter uniform, but we know these were made by Jays race wear here in the uk, these differ from the replicas because of the rear flap on the back of the shoulders that normally provide fire proofing

you can see the flap here:

this flap is also on the engineers uniform as well as the rebel x wing pilots uniform :

Luckily for me neither the 501st or the rebel legion require this back flaps for their costume standards.

The orginal Jays ones has all the features:
Pleated back
L/H & R/H Chest pockets
Cargo arm pocket (Approx 24cm x 12.5cm)
Cylinder Pocket (5 slots) (Approx 20.5cm x 11.6cm at widest point) Compartmets (Approx 2cm each)
Comms window pocket (Approx 17.5cm x 15.7cm – window 9.5cm x 7cm)
Pointed mandarin collar (Height Approx 5cm)
Open sleeves with black hook & loop fastening
Two way black front zip
Black Hook & Loop used throughout
Pointed pocket flaps
2 Thigh (upper) Cargo Pockets (Approx 24cm x 17.5cm)

Flight Suit Details:

Detail one: Badge- this is not your standard tie fighter imperial log its clearly PVC and it has several layers to it, i think this could be a level 2 certification clearance criteria

Luckily for me the mapping and production of this exact badge has been done by EF and luckily i have myself a place on the first batch :

Detail 2:

3 x wing style code cylinders and 1 imperial diagnostic cylinder (chalk holder)

Detail 3:

Compad - this looks completely new and unlike any of the other com pads i will need to make this from scratch i may make a silicone mould so i can recast or i may just make once since it costs £60 to make one mould and cast

Detail 4:

Heavy weathering- almost to the point of it being grey,lots of rips and tears

crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vest :

We already know this is a type one SARVIP Vest

Things to note:
its been weathered to brown
There are holes in some of the pockets
Vest has been weathered
Has had the riggers harness removed, rethreaded -attached to the back straps and then placed into the two side cod pockets

The above should be basic costume clearance standards
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vest accessories

Imperial code cylinders x2

Thing in the top right pocket:

i have no idea what this is ? but i know for 100 percent that is a laporite clay pigeon sitting on-top of that weird cog thing, i can have a good educated guess that the model used a clay pigeon stuck on top of that weird thing and then moulded and recast (clays break real real easy)

Imperial communication device x 1:

now we know that this device was made from scratch for all the characters, Jyn also has one, you can note is has a mesh on the top, long body and a bevel at the bottom- I might have to lathe this one from scratch ahhh man thats more aluminium to waste till i get it right, might try a two piece attempt, also note that its got a silver clip holding it to the inside of the vest

Note*

Some believe it to be a flashcam from a leitz camera i have yet to find a single one that fits or meets the description - so i will not use this theory and lathe my own :

crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boots:

These were custom made and not based on anything- we know this because i have a tweet of the prop maker :

So my theory is that they are brown boots with welders spats sewn onto them to give the appearance of welders boots which makes sense because Bodhi has that teckie feel to him :

What we can see is a wielder spat with 3 long sewn threads running parallel to each other

and with that is the end of my research

Time to get building
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and informative topic
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
Very interesting and informative topic

Thanks when building this hopefully i can propose costume standards for Bodhi Rook

I was part of the knights of Ren where Dawn and Luke proposed the costume standards for Kylo Ren- so approaching Bodhi Rook with the same level of scrutiny and accuracy
Bodhi_Rook ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work!
Bringing all these ressources together in one spot will surely help anyone who is interested in Bodhi's costume!
Especially the pictures from the new photo-books provide a great amount of detail.

As you mentioned a possible standard, I now got a question regarding the best way to continue the discussion about that issue:

Rebelhawk has started a thread a while ago where some ideas for a standard and details of the costume are already mentioned: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81650

But your thread here contains the best collection of reference-pics so far. Where should we continue?
I just think it would be a good idea to keep the main discussion in one thread, so that all interested builders and judges can better keep track of the progress.

Or would it even be possible (if useful) to copy the pictures or merge the threads? I don't know how such "multiplicity-issues" have been handled in the past, so: sorry if this is a stupid proposal!
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi_Rook wrote:
Good work!
Bringing all these ressources together in one spot will surely help anyone who is interested in Bodhi's costume!
Especially the pictures from the new photo-books provide a great amount of detail.

As you mentioned a possible standard, I now got a question regarding the best way to continue the discussion about that issue:

Rebelhawk has started a thread a while ago where some ideas for a standard and details of the costume are already mentioned: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81650

But your thread here contains the best collection of reference-pics so far. Where should we continue?
I just think it would be a good idea to keep the main discussion in one thread, so that all interested builders and judges can better keep track of the progress.

Or would it even be possible (if useful) to copy the pictures or merge the threads? I don't know how such "multiplicity-issues" have been handled in the past, so: sorry if this is a stupid proposal!

We can discuss them here or we can move it to the other thread up to you or just start a new thread called costume standards or use Red Hawk i dont mind either way is cool
Aeon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see you finish this costume:D
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeon wrote:
Can't wait to see you finish this costume:D

Its coming along nicely :

will post some progress here soon
crimson_dante ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goggles:
Children science goggles and adults welding mask :

I have not super glued on the lenses because they look a bit flat could use something thicker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: