Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e2692b75813263926954661e59f0e958Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Advice please: What to do when something is not quite right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graff Dethera ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Advice please: What to do when something is not quite right? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I could use some advice. I bought the A180 blaster for my Jyn Erso costume as a resin cast from a guy in the UK. It's arrived and for the most part it looks okay except for one thing.

It is noticeably too big.

The A180 is based on a Luger, a pistol my grandfather used to own. I've held it in my hand and it fits comfortably. The resin cast doesn't fit comfortably in my hand. In fact, I can barely get my finger around the trigger. I asked a work mate with big hands to hold it and he felt it was too big.

Now, nobody will be able to tell it's too big when I'm walking around with it in the holster rig. But if they ask to hold it, they'll see it's not right.

This is, to be honest, starting to drive me round the bend. So here's the question, what would you guys do if you were in my position? The vendor doesn't take returns. Should I try to sell it and buy another one? Thanks in advance. [/i]
longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin,

Have you messaged the vendor? It never hurts to talk to them. The answer may be "no" but I would start there. Good communication is always the best.

Also did the vendor provide dimensions or claim it was the same size as the blaster prop used in the movie? How did you pay for it?

--Bill

Graff Dethera ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Erin,

Have you messaged the vendor? It never hurts to talk to them. The answer may be "no" but I would start there. Good communication is always the best.

Also did the vendor provide dimensions or claim it was the same size as the blaster prop used in the movie? How did you pay for it?

--Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for getting back to me. The vendor said it was based on the A180 blaster used in Rogue One but did not give the dimensions. I paid for it through PayPal.

I just send a return request through eBay. I honestly didn't think it would help to make the request but you're right, the worst that can happen is he says no. I can still press the matter through eBay's reconciliation service.

Thanks again
Erin
longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graff Dethera wrote:
longshot7014 wrote:
Erin,

--Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for getting back to me. The vendor said it was based on the A180 blaster used in Rogue One but did not give the dimensions. I paid for it through PayPal.

I just send a return request through eBay. I honestly didn't think it would help to make the request but you're right, the worst that can happen is he says no. I can still press the matter through eBay's reconciliation service.

Thanks again
Erin

Erin,

That sounds reasonable. Most vendors want stratified customers or are willing to meet at some common ground.

--Bill

Graff Dethera ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:

Erin,

That sounds reasonable. Most vendors want stratified customers or are willing to meet at some common ground.

--Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks so much for the advice, the vendor has given me a full refund! They went back, checked their scan and realised they made an error in the scaling. They apologised profusely and are letting me keep the blaster! I'll use that for painting practice since I've never painted a resin cast before.

Thanks again and have a good day.
Erin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: