Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0a9335bb5a654edab1bb572cde581558Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

4/29/17 Joliet Scavenger Hunt FREE DAY for the family !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (5)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
nightshifterFri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pmFri Jan 27, 2017 5:38 pm
PaleoLauraWed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm
WiliQueenWed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm
Schph GochiThu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 pm
CrixThu Apr 27, 2017 4:48 pm
WoulfTue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm
nightshifter ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: 4/29/17 Joliet Scavenger Hunt FREE DAY for the family !
Event: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 am

UPDATE : 4/28/17...
I will be there at 8am to welcome everyone in. The museum does not open till ten am to the public and the start of the event. So feel free to get there after 8am and relax getting ready.
We will have the discovery room on the top floor as our secure changing room,. This is the room just inside from the outdoor roof top deck.
You are free to come and go as you want during the day. This will be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to seeing you all there.
Phyllis I will have your tape measure with me so don't let me forget to give it to you. Laura Smith you are the back up plan on this one. See you all tomorrow.

Date: April 29th Saturday.
Time: 10am to 5pm. Come and go as you like. If you want to get there at nine am to change and get ready doors will be open for us.
Secured changing area: YES.
Food and Drinks: Pretty sure.
Number of troopers; Unlimited , come one come all.!

update 4/18/ 17
Story about the event made the local paper today.. And no I did not build my armor. I bought used and had to just change a few things , just to set the record straight. Somethings they did not get right but most is.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/lifestyles/ct-sta-star-wars-scavenger-st-0421-20170414-story.html

Hello fellow troopers.
The Joliet Area Historical Museum is hosting for its third year The Scavenger Hunt Game FREE day. This is our kick off to the big Joliet Library Star Wars Day Event. This is a full on family event and free for all. Small paintings of Star Wars ( unreal in detail )by artist Bill Madia will be hidden with in the museums glass display cases and game cards will be given to all that enter. Your job is to track down and find all the hidden game pieces.

Artist Bill Madia does the small mini paintings that you may have seen before. See his link below.
https://www.facebook.com/moviesinminiature/?fref=ts Bill will also have his booth set up and not only SW paintings but paintings from other movies. The list is endless and some may even throw you for a loop. You will want to see what he brings with. I own three and word is Ted Ruler has a couple in his collection as well if you want to ask us about the amazing detail.

We have done this in the past with vintage SW action figures and it was a hit. Pretty good turn out with families of about 200 est. The fun for our instructiveness is. Being Vader or from the EMPIRE is you really think they are going to be the good guys and show the kids and families where the paintings are at that we know where they are at? NOPE . I am sure we rebels will be happy to help out with that. Over all its just a fun relaxing day and event interacting with kids and families with the hunt game.
There will be more going on as well.

We could have our booth up as well to promote the base and pass out trading cards and take pictures. Feel free to jump in with ideas here.
The museum has always been so supportive of the Rebel Legion over the 8 eight years we have been hanging around there. If I am correct the Endo Bunker for Joliet Star Wars Day should be done and have it up on display during this event.

You are welcome to bring different costumes if you want to switch out during the event. Hope to see you all there..

Last edited by nightshifter () on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
nightshifter ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there around 9am to help anyone that needs help. I will be in my dirty tusken outfit. Hope to see you there....
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moved to events.

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
WiliQueen (Valerie Meachum)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A scavenger hunt needs a scavenger! Wink

Already on my calendar to be Rey that evening for the St Jude event at Volo Auto Museum with CWC, so I'll probably leave mid-afternoon. But the early part of the day is good.

Nar Shaddaa Base - Rey
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "debut" of the Bunker....

yeah...

I will be there...

My Endor Commando costume will be on the "dummy" by the Bunker...
but...
I guess I could steal it off one dummy and put in on another (me) for the day..

Very Happy

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
nightshifter ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming up after C2E2 . But was in the local paper today. See the UPDATE on the first post or see below. Let me know if you think you will make it out..

update 4/18/ 17
Story about the event made the local paper today.. And no I did not build my armor. I bought used and had to just change a few things , just to set the record straight..Some things they did not get right but most is.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/lifestyles/ct-sta-star-wars-scavenger-st-0421-20170414-story.html
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)

Medals: 16 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to all the photos I took today:

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/schphgochi/library/Star%20Wars%20Missions%202017/Star%20Wars%20Scavenger%20Hunt%20JAHM%204-29-17?sort=2&page=1

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
nightshifter ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fun day with all involved. About 90 minutes into the event the museum had counted 150 plus of public and a group trip that came though the doors for the event and we still had the rest of the day to go. Final word was that we were a great group of people and the costumes looked like they walked off the screen. From kids to adults the feed back on the bunkers was just so ( amazing) ! So good job to all involved in the design and building of the Endo Bunker.
We had a good variety of costumes from both sides of the force and crossed several of the movies that it was good to see. Members came and went though out the day which was relaxed and easy on all.
Two Death Troopers from Rouge One showed up in full armor which was cool to see up close. R2 got a lot of attention as he seems to do along with a lot of photos. We had a couple of artists there and a mini figure builder which are they same as lego's . All had a great time and nice things to say about fellow members of the legions.
At the end of the full day 10am to 5pm all were pretty wiped out , present company included. In the end a day spent with friends in this group is always a good day spent . Thank you all for coming out to the Joliet Museum Scavengers Hunt Game and we will see you in Joliet June 3rd for the big library event and back here next year.. Thank you..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base -> Nar Shaddaa Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: