Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=277498bcba0906baeda8295eb0fe7397Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Canadain Generic Wookie WIP
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Bear ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Canadain Generic Wookie WIP Reply with quote

Yay. I have just ordered the hair for my generic wookiee!! I am very excited. I also have the mesh in hand and stilts on order. I went to order the mesh from Joanns but they were sold out. But luck would have it a local fabric store had just 10 meters in stock so I bought it all.

I have more time than money so I am going to be making everything myself such as the toes and mask. I like learning how to do new things so it will be exciting to learn to mold foam latex.

I will have my Boushh finished tonight and will be able to start work on the big guy as soon as the stilts come in.

This is going to be fun!
mattcamaro (L. Matt Darling)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Very cool That means S Boushh you can lead your self around. My youngest daughter deter has a Boushh so that made my Chewie. If you have any questions feel free to ask . Looking forward to you Wookiee Warrior .

Wear the Hair!
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited for you! Post lots of photos and ask all the questions you like! We're here for you!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the journey!

I have only worked with latex, not foam latex so I need to learn myself since I have a sculpt already made just didn't cast it yet. Figure I have toes I can use for current build to save time, but will swap out with my own when I have a chance. So look forward to seeing how you work on the toes.

Best of luck!!
Dewkazza - Wookiee Elder (Generic)
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ID-91919)
Tie Pilot Reserve (TI-91919)
Bridge Crew: Engineer (IC-91919)
Big Bear ()

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouser wrote:
Welcome to the journey!

I have only worked with latex, not foam latex so I need to learn myself since I have a sculpt already made just didn't cast it yet. Figure I have toes I can use for current build to save time, but will swap out with my own when I have a chance. So look forward to seeing how you work on the toes.

Best of luck!!

I am planning on making the toes out of latex and stuffing them with quilt batting. From what I have read they will survive longer that way. I will be using the foam latex for the mask to be able to punch the hair in.

I posted a question for you on your thread I will post it here as well.

I would like to start sculpting my wookiee toes but I am not sure what width and length to make them. I have ordered regular stilts so will be adding to the feet to make them big. Would someone be able to measure their toes and let me know what size they are? That would be greatly appreciated as I am so excited to get started on something.

I had to do house cleaning yesterday but all I wanted to do was sculpt wookiee toes...lol.
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome!

Mine are Ryan Ricks Wookiee toes, and the "toes and nail" are approximately 3 inches, the "foot" is approximately 9" wide, with a depth of 7" from the third toe nail to the end, and 5" from the last toe nail to the end of the foot. The feet are symmetrical, so same foot on both stilts. Any other questions, just ask. Have fun with your build!

May The Force Be With You!
Big Bear ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uffizzi wrote:
Greetings and welcome!

Mine are Ryan Ricks Wookiee toes, and the "toes and nail" are approximately 3 inches, the "foot" is approximately 9" wide, with a depth of 7" from the third toe nail to the end, and 5" from the last toe nail to the end of the foot. The feet are symmetrical, so same foot on both stilts. Any other questions, just ask. Have fun with your build!

Thank you Smile

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post a photo of my toes if you like when I'm on a real computer Smile I'd caution you about using latex as it degrades much faster than silicone and many people are allergic to it. For my toes, I use flex foam-iT from smooth-on and the mask skin is ecoflex-30 (a highly flexible silicone that allows for either method of hair application, punching or gluing (I employ a combination of the two).

Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uffizzi wrote:
Greetings and welcome!

Just have to remember. That sure these are the measurements Norman has but doesn't mean they will work for you. Feet need to be proportional to the size of your Wookiee. I have a right foot/stilt and a left Foot/stilt. Just like Chewie has. So you need to determine the size you plan on making your entire costume and then make the feet proprtional

Wear the Hair!
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Ryan Ricks toes too. I didn't know they were coming with my mask kit so figured I would use them since they were there for now. But they are smaller, more compact than the sculpt I did. After reading Matt's comment, I may try to find a way to get my sculpt cast in next month or two if we have an oddly warm day because it may work better.

Regarding the latex (since I may be going this way to until I have more time and I have a ton of latex at home)... if you are using it for just the toes, would another person's latex allergies matter? Not being funny, I am serious. I don't know anybody with latex allergies, so would it affect them if they are not touching the feet/toes? I can't imagine anybody trying to touch wookiee feet other than the person wearing the suit and maybe a handler.
Dewkazza - Wookiee Elder (Generic)
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ID-91919)
Tie Pilot Reserve (TI-91919)
Bridge Crew: Engineer (IC-91919)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had bought two sets of his toes. Cut one set up so they were all close together. When I tried to make lifts. Scrapped the idea cause of weight. And ended up making feet out of foam so they wet a bit lighter and I was looking for the OT look with toes together. But Ryan make great toes

Wear the Hair!
Big Bear ()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacca9 wrote:
I can post a photo of my toes if you like when I'm on a real computer Smile I'd caution you about using latex as it degrades much faster than silicone and many people are allergic to it. For my toes, I use flex foam-iT from smooth-on and the mask skin is ecoflex-30 (a highly flexible silicone that allows for either method of hair application, punching or gluing (I employ a combination of the two).

I would appreciate a picture of your toes. I do plan on making my mask out of the foam silicone mixture as I have read that it is longer lasting. For the toes I was just worried about the weight of them. Foam and silicone can be heavy...how are yours for weight?

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bear wrote:
Bacca9 wrote:

I would appreciate a picture of your toes. I do plan on making my mask out of the foam silicone mixture as I have read that it is longer lasting. For the toes I was just worried about the weight of them. Foam and silicone can be heavy...how are yours for weight?

These are mine. I make them out of flex foam-iT and coat them in Urecoat.

As far as latex allergies, they're nothing to take lightly. Much like peanuts or other allergens, sometimes just being in proximity to these things can set folks off.

Legion Costume Judge
Yiyo (Tom)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacca9 wrote:
Big Bear wrote:
Bacca9 wrote:

As far as latex allergies, they're nothing to take lightly. Much like peanuts or other allergens, sometimes just being in proximity to these things can set folks off.

These are excellent, I am struggling with my toes at the moment, was going to use foam and cover with Worbla, just like my Wampa horns. Ryan isn't making toes any more Sad

Do you have to make a mold to use the flex stuff?
TD28125 Sandtrooper (501)
Thrain, Generic Wookiee (RL)
Admiral Ackbar (RL)
Big Bear ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacca9 wrote:
Big Bear wrote:
Bacca9 wrote:

Thank you for the picture. This helps a lot. Smile Your feet to not look ambidextrous, are ANH feet different on either side? Or perhaps is the picture just making them look different?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: