Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=908bc96ce82ec68f945d9e583cb3050bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

7/1/17 Lake of Woods 50th Anniv, Locust Grove, VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(5)

User Registered Confirmed
treblemakerThu Jun 08, 2017 11:43 am
Npask82Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:45 pm
twilekjediSun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 am
PunishaThu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm
Ami-Lyn KelTue Jun 20, 2017 12:47 pm
animattor78Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 pm
Bouri-PlwelWed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: 7/1/17 Lake of Woods 50th Anniv, Locust Grove, VA
Event: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:00 am

Cross-posting from Garrison Tyranus:

Event Name: Lake of woods 50th anniversary
Venue: Lake of woods
Venue address: 1900 Lakeview pkwy
Locust grove , Virginia
USA
Event Start: July 1st 2016 - 9am
Event End: 7/1/2017 - 5pm or when u like leave
Event Website: Lake of woods
Expected number of attendees:
Requested number of characters:
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: We are our 50th anniversary of lake of woods, we are planning a parade fireworks food activis, I'm on the youth community safe and security and 50th anniversary event for all member at lake of woods families. We would love to have a great parade filled with your staff dressed up having fun with our kids.
Referred by: Daughter Loren
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This event is getting closer- any interest?

They'll give us exclusive use of one of their community centers for changing, storing gear and taking breaks. Free food and drinks will also be provided. For those interested we can also watch their fire works display. The requester also said she could look into discounted hotel rooms for those who want to spend the night.
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nearly 100% sure I can make it to this one. It's a slightly shorter drive for me than most troops have been so far. XD
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated information on this event from the 501st:

∙A Bus will be provided to take us from the community center to our staging point for the parade.
∙Water, juice and light snacks will be available at the changing place. They will also provide meals.
∙They'll be having an extended fireworks display, and a roped off area for us to watch them.

They are very excited at the prospect of having us there for the parade and picnic.
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from the 501st:

We will need to meet at Locust Grove Middle School 6368 Flat Run Road Locust Grove, VA 225 in the bus parking lot by 8:00AM. From there vehicle passes will be distributed and we will convoy to the changing room/building.
Line up for the parade is at 9:15AM. Vader will lead the us in a corvette and Dan's truck will follow with banners.
After the parade will be the picnic where our lunch will be provided. Anything in addition to the meal you will need to have cash. They will be cooking hotdogs, sliders, and burgers in addition to ribs. As able, we can do photo ops during the picnic. Bring some cash, your swimsuits, folding chairs, change of clothes, sunscreen, games, as well as beverages and food you will want to snack on there.
For those wanting to stay for the fireworks we are looking at doing a dinner push either at the club there on LOTW or a nearby restaurant (or have pizza delivered). We will have access to the pool and lake for swimming.

I'll add the map and parade itinerary sheet when I'm in front of my home computer this evening.

Please post if you can make it to this, they're looking to finalize the numbers!

I'll likely only be there for the parade in the morning, possibly through lunch, but then I have other obligations to attend to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: