Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=92ac09bafa60d9fd4f0e69e798096af7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ghost Base - 2017/03/11 - Johnstown Symphony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gplatzer (Gina Platzer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Ghost Base - 2017/03/11 - Johnstown Symphony Reply with quote

We were invited to do the Johnstown Symphony - John Williams Tribute night. This was a first time event for us and we shared it with Carida.

We all arrived around 5pm. One of the organizers took us to check out the stage. We determined that the stage is too small for the whole group to come out on and cross each other like originally planned. We did determine that Vader and the white armor could still come out and do their thing during the Imperial March. After this we all suited up to greet the guests.

Once suited up, we went into the lobby and hung around taking photos with guests. Bekah, Trey and Ryan were the costume judges for the night and they went around and made notes of all the guests participating in the contest (they wore numbers on their costumes) The show was sold out so the lobby was packed with people. Everyone clambered to see us and the event organizer even told me how nobody ever hangs around the lobby as much as they did that night. Once the show began we went back to the changing room to wait till Intermission. When Intermission came we went back out to do more photos. The costume judges turned in who the winners were right after intermission.

After intermission we stayed dress to be ready for our time on stage. The Empire went to one side of the stage to get ready to come out during the Imperial March. When it came time, Vader and the white armor went out on stage. At the end of the Imperial March, Vader handed an envelope of the costume winners to the maestro. He read off the winners and then we waited for The Throne Room to begin. Once that begin, all costumed members walked out to the front of the stage and then walked around the audience. Towards the end, we moved back up front and ended at the front of the stage. The costume contest winners came back to us at the end of the concert to collect their prizes.

All in all, this was a really great event and the organizer and maestro thanked us for coming up. So many positive comments from the guests and we even made the paper! (they didn't post it online)

One other thing of note: The symphony advertised a toy drive for us. They asked for unwrapped Star Wars toys to be donated to the base for future hospital visits or for other events we would need to provide prizes, etc for. We got an amazing turnout and I'll be doing inventory on those soon. We did end up with some non Star Wars toys and we'll need to discuss what to do with those. From what I hear, there is more toys for me to pick up because the Johnstown Youth Symphony also did a toy drive for us. I'll let everyone know once I have those in hand.

Big thanks to the handlers and squires for the night! They all worked together to make sure everyone was ok and dressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: