Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b0d36ef2d693b9ce9f4990d4f82397c6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 1-2 WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka Tano Clone Wars Season 1-2 WIP Reply with quote

Hello everyone! So I've been wanting this version of Ahsoka since I was 12 and saw her for the first time. Yes I'm young I know! Haha. Anyway I've been working hard to try and get this done in time for Celebration, which honestly looks good at this point! Heres what I have so far and some questions regarding a couple things.

Gauntlets:

[img]IMG_7152[/img][/img]

I'm unsure of how to do the gloves, as they fit her hands tightly but don't have a seam on the outside, only the inside. I'm trying to figure out a pattern for it, but with it being the same material as the gauntlets and boot spats I'm having trouble.

Here's the vinyl I'm using for the leather pieces. I think I'm going to paint them with a maroon paint since I couldn't find a color close enough.

[img]FullSizeRender-1[/img]

Top and Skirt:

[img]IMG_7153[/img]

Since the fabric looked super purple in that picture, here it is under better lighting

[img]IMG_7154[/img]

I've started on the skirt and have sewn an elastic waistband onto it, since my body shape is weird and very uneven this worked best to make it fit over everything and still have its basic Ahsoka shape! For being the first skirt I've ever made, I'm seriously happy with it! My only concern so far is it sticks out too much on the sides still. I haven't hemmed the bottom yet in case I need to take in the sides. Any opinions? Also those are the tights I got, which I plan to grey a bit since they are very white.

[img]IMG_7159/img]

I've started on the headpiece, and I'm using NineLives Cosplay's tutorial. It's been pretty good so far, but I don't have pictures just yet since I started that last night. I ordered boots on amazon, and was glad to even find a pair since I wear a US Women 4... Which kinda doesn't exist unless I want to spend $300. I went for a kids size, and will post a picture when they get here!

Thanks in advance for any help!! Very Happy
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good start. Smile I would tighten the skirt a bit as all Ahsoka's items are very fitted to her.
Best of luck with it.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tightened the skirt as best I could, with still room to be able to move and it not completely ride up to my waist. The only problem with that is the back flares out just a bit. I took a picture and want to know if it's okay how it is, or should I try to fix it?

[img]IMG_7207[/img]

I'm really proud with how the skirt and top came out otherwise!

[img]IMG_7206[/img]

The top does have to be held with fashion tape, because it sticks out at the bottom and I don't want to lose the stretch to be able to put it on. I'll definitely have to figure out the best way to attach it to my top, but for now I think it looked pretty good!

[img]IMG_7208[/img]

My boots also came in! I'm so happy with them, and they fit perfectly which is a huge surprise and relief. Can't wait to have this finished and I'm feeling pretty good about it!

[img]IMG_7210[/img]
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it should be fine. Smile

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks gorgeous!!!!

Excellent Bekah!!!

Yours!
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've finally been able to work on this again, SWCO got crazy so I didn't finish her for it, but plan to have it all done by July! Heres my finished tabard, which I plan to attach to the belt with velcro or snaps (haven't finished the belt so I'm not sure yet)

I also finished the weird top part of the gauntlets, which is made from the same fabric as my top and skirt, and has some interfacing to keep it stiff

The gauntlets themselves look amazing so far, I'm just having trouble keeping the seam allowance down. I tried sewing it and that almost broke my boyfriends machine so that idea was thrown out haha, then I tried fashion tape just to see, which also didn't work. At the moment I have one with glue that is drying and I really hope that works! I should know tomorrow. Here's what they look like so far, without the buckles.

Really happy with how it's all turning out! I also found out that I'm terrible at making headpieces, so I ordered one which should be here by the end of next month!

Almost forgot my boots!! They are painted and will be starting the boot spats tonight!

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you're back at it. Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to update about my Ahsoka endeavors, but I've scrapped using vinyl and will be trying a different approach that I've seen another Ahsoka use. Currently still working so no pictures yet, but I'm excited for this!

I still need to figure out her belt pouch, not sure how to sew or glue vinyl to make it work that way. Any tips on that or where to look?

I've ordered 3D printed buckles and a comlink, so I'm REALLY excited for those to arrive! She's finally coming together and I can't wait!! Very Happy
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! I have finally received my headpiece for this, and I'm so in love! I don't have any pictures wearing it, since I still have to fit it to my head. I have the beads and just need to put that all together and attach it. I don't have the final akul teeth yet, those will be finished and arriving in the near future. For now I'm going to make a temp pair and use them.

I'm still working on the boots and gauntlets, honestly this is the sixth version of them and I really hope they work! I'm using foam, but need to find the right thickness for the boots, need to finish priming the gauntlets and then can paint those!

Also I have my buckles and comlink painted and ready to attach once the rest is done! So excited for this to finally be done haha
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headpiece looks very nice. What is it made off? Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Headpiece looks very nice. What is it made off? Smile

Its made from synthetic rubber and foam, so it's safe for hospital troops that may not allow latex! It's so comfy too, slowly getting it fitted to my head so I can get a picture wearing it soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: