Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5364591c8716bdf278300040d230194aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Every Helmet Has A Story.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravenkeeper (Marlin Derk)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Every Helmet Has A Story....... Reply with quote

No matter how lack-luster, or heroic, every helmet has a story. From the paint scheme that defines the wearer, each scratch, dent, carbon scoring are all witness to the story of each helmet and its individual journey through time. Every helmet is different, and has had different experiences from the others worn by fellow squadron members. That is why every helmet will never look exactly like another. Just as individual each pilot is to another, so are the helmets wore by the pilots. One the thing though every helmet has in common, is they all have an origin. Just like a pebble falling down a cliff, the path can be different from another, the journey may be short, slow, or fast and violent turning into a rock slide, that random difference is just the reason why our helmets are as individualistic as we are ourselves. With all that being said, every helmet has a story to tell, and like all stories there has to be a beginning, this is the beginning of the story of my helmet.

I had to commemorate the pristine paint before weathering the helmet this weekend. I taped the dome in to see how it would look with the visor. I didn't glue it in before weathering.
Pilot
Graveyard Squadron
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the helmet. Smile

This also gives me an idea for a thread for people to tell the in-universe story of their custom helmets...

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Nice job on the helmet. Smile

This also gives me an idea for a thread for people to tell the in-universe story of their custom helmets...

Thank you for the kind compliment
It is a good idea, kinda where I was going, get people thinking about the weathering and what could have contributed to it all. I just have to come up with a background now to explain this:

Graveyard Squadron
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks very nice. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jetsi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helmet has quite the story. The comm channel is open when you want to tell it.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmitting..
A History of Ravenkeeper and his helmet
I originated from Tierfon in the Tierfon System, of the Sumitra Sector, located in the Expansion Region. Mainly flying on light freighters as a young navigator during the fall of the Republic. While serving as a navigator I picked up some stick time and learned to fly the freighters as well. When the Alliance to Restore the Republic established the Tierfon Rebel Outpost, I decided to join the cause. That is when I got my bucket, and painted it with a green starburst design. The outpost was a subterranean base, that seemed dark, wet and grungy at times. I became one of the 158 pilots to fly from the outpost as part of the Tierfon Yellow Aces. Most of my time was spent flying patrols in the T-47 Airspeeder and some supply runs in our light freighter, a YT-1300. Eventually I picked up instruction in the T-65 Starfighter. My first Instructor Pilot in the T-65 was Jek Tono Porkins. I still remember the amazing cookouts that Porkins would throw. While stationed at the Tierfon Rebel Outpost I got to know some great pilots besides Porkins, there was Zal Dinnes, Wes Jansen, Dosmit Raeh and others. I stayed behind at the outpost while several squadron members were assigned to Base One on Yavin 4. I did get to see real action, my first real combat at the Battle of Endor. Later flew during the Battle of Jakku as the Empire fell ending the Galactic Civil War. I continued to serve during the New Republic, but more in the Instructor Pilot role back at Tierfon. Then saw action again during the Yuuzhan Vong War, during the Battle of Coruscant and after Coruscant’s fall at the Battle of Borleias. I transitioned back into the Instructor Pilot role through the formation of the Galactic Alliance.
Graveyard Squadron
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do love a good cook out! Thumbs up

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediXXL wrote:
Well, I do love a good cook out! Thumbs up

Thumbs up

I'm almost too ashamed to admit that some of the more dramatic "scoring" came from when a Bantha BBQ flared up a little and I had my bucket a lil too close to the grill jeez
Graveyard Squadron
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacta: The great redeemer! Evil or Very Mad

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: