Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66ba9ae22e9cdfd9b898290241f583f9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New hopeful member in AZ, looking for advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KennyLoggins (Richard)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: New hopeful member in AZ, looking for advice Reply with quote

Hey Mos Eisley Base, I'm working on Han Solo, and this is the first costume I feel really serious about trying to apply with. I still have a few things to do, like repaint the blaster and get the three pronged belt, but aside from that, how does it look? I'm in the AZ area, so I'll be wearing this to Phoenix Comicon in a couple weeks. What do I need to do/fix to make sure the application process goes smoothly?
http://i.imgur.com/XWnXYXf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o1zRLFs.jpg
ubohica (Chris Fultz)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good Kenny.... I'm a new member too, Saturday I'll be bringing my Chewbacca. The problem with our base here online, is they don't communicate much with those of us not approved. It's kind of depressing.

You should search on the Han Solo section of costume building. I get way more help for my Chewie on there. Good Luck! see you on Saturday for a picture

"Life is an endless series of train-wrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness."
KennyLoggins (Richard)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:
looks good Kenny.... I'm a new member too, Saturday I'll be bringing my Chewbacca. The problem with our base here online, is they don't communicate much with those of us not approved. It's kind of depressing.

You should search on the Han Solo section of costume building. I get way more help for my Chewie on there. Good Luck! see you on Saturday for a picture

Huh, that is kind of depressing, but oddly fitting that both a Han and Chewie are (hopefully) coming in fresh at the same time. I'll see you Saturday, you big furry oaf!
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:
....The problem with our base here online, is they don't communicate much with those of us not approved. It's kind of depressing.

Just an FYI:
If you are not a member, you can't see the full list of private forums and announcement posts that the members see when they are logged in.
The public viewable forums (like this one) get pushed down lower on the page, and many members are just too lazy to scroll down very far, so they don't see your posts.
Also many of the members don't get online very often either and some are not as active as others. There are a lot that we don't hear from very much.

@ Kenny,
I don't know anything about what it would take to get a Han Solo approved, but it looks pretty good to me!
We do have one approved Han Solo in the Tucson area that is currently active. He's the Base XO.
I'll let him know that you're looking for some feedback.

David L.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38021

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48482
stardancer1914 (Star Dancer)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny and Chris, you should both contact Captsolo77. Not only has he made all the Han Solos he has also made the Chewie so can help with both. Also it helps to post a work in process thread in the costume forums as then you will get input from many others that have also made these costumes. Chewie is under Fringe and Aliens and Han is under Fringe.

Looking forward to seeing you both at PCC

• United Citizens of the Galactic Republic DCO 2016 to present
  • UCGR - DXO 2015
  • Legion Costume Judge - Jedi & Rebel Supporters
  • Mos Eisley Base - Grand Canyon State

Your past is who you are today so move forward and don't look back
CaptSolo77 (Brian)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubohica wrote:

Even though there are lots of members on the roster, there are only really a handful that are truly "active" for whatever reason; maybe some have grown tired of it, some are more active with other clubs, real life gets in the way...whatever. You're right though, it is kind of depressing. But the tree of Rebellion must occasionally be refreshed with the blood of new recruits; so welcome aboard!! It's always necessary and good to bring new enthusiasm into the mix!

ubohica wrote:
You should search on the Han Solo section of costume building. I get way more help for my Chewie on there

Chewie is a very specialized costume. The Wookiee forum would definitely be the best place for feedback there. I've made the only approved Chewie in our Base, and I took a completely different route than you have, so my advice would not be of much use to you. I have been following your build thread though, and you're doing a great job so far!! Just because we're not commenting, don't think we're not watching... Cool

KennyLoggins wrote:
I'm in the AZ area, so I'll be wearing this to Phoenix Comicon in a couple weeks. What do I need to do/fix to make sure the application process goes smoothly?

I'll be at PCC also, so maybe we can touch base there. It's kind of tough just from the couple of photos you've posted to give a complete assessment, but I will leave a few comments on the thread you posted in the "Fringe" forum.

When you say "in the AZ area," what does that mean exactly? Are you located in Vegas or California, or actually in Phoenix? What about Chris? Are you located in Phoenix, Tucson, or some other part of the state? It would be great to have a dedicated Han and Chewie pair in the Phoenix area.

See you guys around PCC...

"I may not be Han Solo, but I play him in real life."
KennyLoggins (Richard)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptSolo77 wrote:
I'll be at PCC also, so maybe we can touch base there. It's kind of tough just from the couple of photos you've posted to give a complete assessment, but I will leave a few comments on the thread you posted in the "Fringe" forum.

When you say "in the AZ area," what does that mean exactly? Are you located in Vegas or California, or actually in Phoenix? What about Chris? Are you located in Phoenix, Tucson, or some other part of the state? It would be great to have a dedicated Han and Chewie pair in the Phoenix area.

See you guys around PCC...

Oh I'm in Scottsdale, currently. I just PM'd you a full breakdown of the costume, I'd really appreciate the feedback if you have the time. I'll be posting it on the fringe area too, to get other people's feedback.
Nomad Angie (Angie Rivera)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for not seeing this earlier.

As it was mentioned, CaptSolo77 is our BXO, and he is a great source of information and reference for both Han Solo and Chewbacca.

My best advice is that you create a WIP thread on the respective forums:

Han Solo and other Smugglers:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=399

Chewbacca and other Wookiees:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=400

Just so you know, the Legion Costume Judging Team is currently in the process of updating the Costume Standards for Wookiees. I recommend you go through the threads and learn the new modifications.

As a Base Membership Officer, I have an open-door policy for everybody, whether you are a current member, a reserve member, or a prospective member. I am easily reachable via PM, and you can find me on Facebook as well. I might not have the answer for your question, but I will do my best to help, whether it's looking for the answer myself or refer you to someone who is more knowledgeable in the questions.

Looking forward to see your costumes and chat at the Star Wars Neighborhood Smile
Base Membership Officer 2017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: