Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b2d8b0063522e16c92010ba6caa0fa8fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/9/2017 Star Wars at Your Library

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(1)

User Registered Confirmed
Just DuckyMon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm
RyongKaiTue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: 12/9/2017 Star Wars at Your Library
Event: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Event Name
Star Wars at Your Library

Event Description
Description used in the past for the public: Meet some of your favorite characters from a galaxy far, far away as they invade the branch. Enjoy Star Wars-themed crafts and activities. Remember to bring your cameras and costumes.

Event Address
8133 Sandpiper Circle

Event Date
Saturday, December 9, 2017

Arrival time
1:00 PM - earlier or later is fine depending on your needs

Start Time
2:00 PM

End Time
4:00 PM

Event Address
8133 Sandpiper Circle

City
Baltimore

State
Maryland

Zip Code

Event Country
USA

Secure Dressing Area
Yes

Water and or Food Snacks
Yes

Parking either free or paid
Yes
Just Ducky (Jessie Lynch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

This is one of my local libraries, and I would like to attend.

This would be my first Troop, though, so I'm not quite sure that I'd be ready to troop alone for this event. Anyone else possibly looking to attend?

Cheers!
Jessie
Jawa - Duk'ki
OT Rebel Pilot - Fable "Needles" Thek - Chesapeake Ten
Twi'lek Jedi Librarian - WIP
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayjan Thek wrote:
Hello,

This would be my first Troop, though, so I'm not quite sure that I'd be ready to troop alone for this event. Anyone else possibly looking to attend?

Cheers!
Jessie

That’s great!!! Just go to the top of this where the green button is and click. Then you will be good to go!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:
Hello,

Cheers!
Jessie

That’s great!!! Just go to the top of this where the green button is and click. Then you will be good to go!!

There we go. Signed up for it, instead of just being tenative.

Not /entirely/ sure what I'll be doing, other than being there? I am a super newbie.
Jawa - Duk'ki
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super looking forward to this being my first event, especially since it is right in my neighborhood.

Looks like I'll be the only one there from the RL this time.
Jawa - Duk'ki
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayjan Thek wrote:
Super looking forward to this being my first event, especially since it is right in my neighborhood.

Jesse you might be the only RL to attend that event. Which is absolutely OK. I see 5 OLG members and 2 squires from the Evil Empire will be there. You won’t be totally alone!!! After the event, could you please come back to this page and provide a short write up about the event for us??
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:

Jesse you might be the only RL to attend that event. Which is absolutely OK. I see 5 OLG members and 2 squires from the Evil Empire will be there. You won’t be totally alone!!! After the event, could you please come back to this page and provide a short write up about the event for us??

Awesome - I thought I saw a post from the OLG on FB about this event - good to know there will be others. Not quite sure what the Evil Empire is, but I suppose I'll find out on Saturday.

I'll come back with a report/write up, and hopefully some photos.
Jawa - Duk'ki
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayjan Thek wrote:
hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:

Awesome - I thought I saw a post from the OLG on FB about this event - good to know there will be others. Not quite sure what the Evil Empire is, but I suppose I'll find out on Saturday.

I'll come back with a report/write up, and hopefully some photos.

They are just squires for OLG Smile Thank you!!!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Event Write Up - Star Wars At Your Library - December 9, 2017 - Cold Jedi in Snow!

This was my first troop, and I was determined to make it to the library one way or another. So when they started calling for snow on Saturday, December 9th, I wasn't going to let a little weather get in the way of this. There was about an inch or so of snow on the ground, and more falling as I headed there.

I arrived at the White Marsh library about 1:30, and spoke to the Librarian at the information desk, who guided me back to the changing area to get ready and dressed. Once I got that sorted out, they lead me over to the meeting room where several members of the OLG were still in the process of getting ready. We were given a run down as to what the event was going to be - posing for pictures, greeting people, and encouraging them to take part in the various crafts. As we headed out to greet the kids and parents that had made it to the Library, a group of 3 other Rebel/Good Guy costumers arrived - a Rey, another Jedi, and a Scoundrel. I unfortunately didn't get their names (I neglected to get anyone's names in the thick of it all) - they had been contacted by someone to come out, in case there weren't enough people or people weren't able to make it due to the weather. The more the merrier - they evened out the groups nicely, and made it so I wasn't the lone "good guy" there.

There were a handful of crafts and activities to do - Yoda yarn ornaments/sun catchers, Yoda ear headbands, pool-noodle and duct tape lightsabers, make your own flare buttons (with adorable little stickers). They also had a few games set up - like a Star Wars themed corn-hole set, a Star Wars scavenger hunt around the library. They also had adorable little keychains running on the 3D printer that the kids (and parents, and at the end of the event, those of us in costumes) could take.

The turnout was not quite as large as expected due to the snow, but those who made it had a great time. We posed for pictures, chatted with the kids and each other. The librarians had a blast taking pictures with all of us, and interacting with the kids that were there for the event. It was a great first event, and a great deal of fun was had by all, taking photos around the library, in the snow, and with each other. One kid was absolutely enamored with the Stormtroopers who were there, and kept bouncing balloons off his new friend.

Unfortunately, I didn't get nearly as many photos as I would liked to have. I had my husband with me and he got some photos for me - but until I find a way to carry my phone with my Jedi attire, photos might be a bit rough to get.

But what we did take, I've posted here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ID3Cf8BhvkEL3jEw2
Jawa - Duk'ki
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:

Congratulations on your first troop!!!! Thank you for the wonderful write up!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:

Thanks. It was absolutely amazing, and I just wish I had more time this month to do more (work is keeping me from planning much at the moment) Smile And, added bonus, since I had my husband with me, he struck up a conversation with one of the OLG members and he is now working towards getting his own Clone Trooper kit. I'll get him into this eventually.
Jawa - Duk'ki
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayjan Thek wrote:
hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
hawaiipaddler1 wrote:
Jayjan Thek wrote:

Thanks. It was absolutely amazing, and I just wish I had more time this month to do more (work is keeping me from planning much at the moment) Smile And, added bonus, since I had my husband with me, he struck up a conversation with one of the OLG members and he is now working towards getting his own Clone Trooper kit. I'll get him into this eventually.

Let him know I have a neglected Phase II Animated Clone Kit I would be willing to part with at a great deal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: