Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4f09b7cfb0fd28d79448b220208892bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Edrio Two Tubes Costume Standard (Draft)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting work into this standard. Is there anyway to break this into bullet points so it is easier to read? It's s lot of text and might be hard for people to digest.
jeniwan (Jenna Hunt)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d love to see these standards get finalized, both to make life easier for judging these and hopefully to get more applications! Any further thoughts on the standard proposal in this thread?

Is the bullet points a requirement or a suggestion here, ladysolo14? This has been languishing quite awhile, and it would be nice to have it done even if the format isn’t perfect. The text is great and much better than no standard.
Great Lakes Base -- Rey (Resistance, Jakku, TLJ and Training) Jyn Erso
Oh and that one time I made a wookiee: www.instagram.com/latch_wooking
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an anyone tell me if a Standard for BENTHIC has been written as well? We have one getting ready to submit in our base but if there is no standard then how can it be judged

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there anyway to break this into bullet points so it is easier to read? It's s lot of text and might be hard for people to digest.

I do not see either of these guys over in Standards Development, so I'll reformat the proposals in the first post into bullet points and link to this thread over there.

Quote:
can anyone tell me if a Standard for BENTHIC has been written as well? We have one getting ready to submit in our base but if there is no standard then how can it be judged

To my knowledge, a standard has not been written. You can still submit, though! What the person submitting will need to do is provide pictures showing the front, back, and sides of the costume in the movie (this is in addition to the pictures they submit of the costume they make). They'll also need to write a draft of the standard.

To make it easy, I'd start with the Edrio one and then add the changes between the two costumes. I'll have the Edrio formatted by 10 p.m. EST tonight. If the person from your base wants help writing up what they need for submission, let me know and I'm happy to work with them on it.
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One member already has Edrio approved and wrote the standard. Can thebBenthic from the 501st be done for the RL since it is the same exact costume?

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge, but I suspect you could submit the 501st standard with your Benthic. You'd probably want to copy-paste it instead of just linking to the 501st CRL, since that way it will be in front of your judge when you submit. (I'm all about "how can I make this as easy as possible for my judge").

If you want, I can take a look at it and see what, if anything, would need to be added to it for RL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: