Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3c0717058f4c787ebe357bb93d1ec7c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

JenEyre's Jyn Erso WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeneyre ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: JenEyre's Jyn Erso WIP Reply with quote

I've reached the point in my Jyn Erso build where I would love any feedback as I wait for the following to arrive:

-Czech hook
-slide buckle for pants (have the strap)
-hair for bangs
-3D printed stuff

Other stuff on my to-do list:
-assemble 4-ribbed tubing/wiring
-make belt (making holster will have to wait until blaster arrives, unless anyone can point me towards a pattern)
-stain/paint boots and flaps
-darken gloves (I could use the same stuff I use on my boots, couldn't I?)
-add top layer to boot flaps (once buckle arrives)

-weather
-weather some more

The lighting in my house is weird after dark, so I'm not sure how true to real life the colors are in these pictures. I'll work on getting some daylight shots.

Jyn Erso WIP pictures by Jen Eyre, on Flickr

Instagram and Twitter: @JenEyreCosplay
www.JenEyre.com
https://www.facebook.com/JenEyreCosplay/
jen0farc ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen, your progress so far looks great! Wonderful job! I don't see anything missing that isn't already on your to-do list. In these photos it's hard to see your pants details, the seams and such, so make sure when you take submission photos we the judges can see all the seams. Your pants fit fantastic, they just seem a touch on the long side, especially in the side view they look like they're just covering a bit too much of the top flap. I'd take them up just a bit more.

The holster is fairly simple, it's a piece of leather curved in half and sewn on one side. The whole shape is a basic slight trapezoid with a U cut out, if that makes sense.

Here's a really good look at it, I referred to this photo quite a bit when I made mine:

Great work again and I can't wait to see more of your progress!
jeneyre ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the suggestions! And for responding so quickly!

jen0farc wrote:
Hey Jen, your progress so far looks great! Wonderful job! I don't see anything missing that isn't already on your to-do list. In these photos it's hard to see your pants details, the seams and such, so make sure when you take submission photos we the judges can see all the seams. Your pants fit fantastic, they just seem a touch on the long side, especially in the side view they look like they're just covering a bit too much of the top flap. I'd take them up just a bit more.

The holster is fairly simple, it's a piece of leather curved in half and sewn on one side. The whole shape is a basic slight trapezoid with a U cut out, if that makes sense.

Here's a really good look at it, I referred to this photo quite a bit when I made mine:

Great work again and I can't wait to see more of your progress!

Instagram and Twitter: @JenEyreCosplay
www.JenEyre.com
https://www.facebook.com/JenEyreCosplay/
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you feedback over on FB, but just chiming in here to say that you are looking really good!
fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tie quilting looks absolutely amazing!!
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great so far, Jen! Only thing I see is the pants hem being low which was pointed out already!

You can probably use the same stain to darken the gloves, though different leathers take dyes and stain differently, so you may want to test in an inconspicuous area like under the closure. You'd have to deglaze it to remove any finish for it to accept dye.

Here's a picture of my holster patterning so you can see what the shape looks like. I'd definitely wait for your blaster so you can be sure it will fit.

http://rebelshaven.com/images/costumes/jynerso/progress/documentation/holster02.jpg

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Threads: Meadow Gown: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100662
Ceremonial Leia: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=986837#986837
rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: