Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=92883e2e1d17837213e2bc684c2597b9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

6/4/17 Make A Wish Delivery (RICHMOND)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

User Registered Confirmed
Draeden WrenSun Jun 04, 2017 1:38 am
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: 6/4/17 Make A Wish Delivery (RICHMOND)
Event: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 am

Make A Wish Delivery

Where:
1034 15th St, Richmond, CA

When:
Date - Sunday, June 4, 2017
Time - TBD

More than likely come in costume, will ask for staging area.

Details:

Jacob is 10 and battling leukemia. His treatment is going to be a long and tough one, which will last at least 2 more years. His bones are getting brittle and his energy is gone and he had to give up his true passion - soccer. I thought he would want to meet one of his soccer idols but he decided his wish was to go to Disneyland because that is something his whole family would enjoy and he loves his family more than anything. This family does not have money and they have never been to Disneyland and this would be a dream come true for them. This boy is something else. He was even more concerned that there were kids out there that needed the wish more than him and he felt bad taking the wish. I assured him there were plenty of wishes to go around and his wish will be granted.

He knows his wish has been granted. We told him over pizza at Chuck E Cheese - again because that's what he felt his little sister and parents would like. So this Sunday we are going to send Jacob off - bringing his Disneyland tickets, expense check, car info, etc... I really want to go an extra step and see if someone from your group would like to join us. I know he would be so thrilled if a stormtrooper or Jedi were to come to his house and invite him to come to Disneyland and present him with the tickets. Just to see you all coming down the street, to see HIM, would really make this kiddo smile. I feel he needs to have something for himself for a change, since he is constantly worried about and looking out after his family. And I cannot stress what a loving family he has.

He thinks I'm just coming over to bring his Disney tickets and tell him about the details of his trip. He already knows his wish has been granted. He will have no idea if you all come. This family really doesn't have much - but they have each other - and I find that so heartwarming. This family has never experienced Disneyland and you would think they just won the lottery with this wish. Jacob really doesn't expect much which is why I want to give him something special. I think your crew is just the ticket.

What I envision is to have your crew (or even if it's just 1 person- I'll take what I can get!) come down the street with a purpose. I would notify the parents when this is happening so they can look outside. We can make it all dramatic. They are a corner house on a side street. Then either they come outside, or if you can go inside, I'd have everything delivered by you to Jacob. It just means so much more coming from a larger than life figure than some wish grantor he's met several times already. I'll figure out how to say it, like "I want to invite you to come visit.." or "on Behalf of Disneyland and the Star Wars Tours...", something like that. It won't take much time but I'm sure it will mean a lot to him. I don't have a set time, only the day, which is Sunday, June 4th.The time I would make for when it was convenient to you. The parents are very flexible. When I asked them if this is something Jacob would like, they couldn't believe you all do this sort of thing and said Jacob would love it.

Jacob has a 3 year-old little sister he is very close to. The family would like to invite his aunts and uncles over to be part of the celebration as well and it sounds like there are quite a few of them so you may have quite the audience. I bought some Star Wars paraphernalia to give him as well. His father said he was given a light saber as a gift last year and was going to make sure it was handy if your crew could make it. I gave no promises but said I would ask if it was possible on short notice.

That's about it. It really is a low-key wish. He doesn't want for anything. Just for his family to be happy and not worry about him. These kids - so strong and so sweet.

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest

Last edited by Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks) on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF YPU CAN MAKE THIS EVENT, PLEASE TRY TO COME IN COSTUME!

POST BELOW WHAT YOU WILL BE WEARING.

Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher. - Enfys Nest
Kittie Cosplay ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to do this! I already have a commitment that day, but maybe if we find out the time and it's early enough I can squeeze it in. Also I would need to figure out a changing and storage area, bcuz I'd be taking Bart & cant ride it in armor. If I could carpool with someone that would be amazing, then I could leave my stuff in the car.
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk seems to be that this is going to happen somewhere around 11-12

RebelScum5150 (Mike Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more word on the start time for this event. I'm just trying to determine if I can get down there on time. Also, if anyone wants to go with me, I'm driving from Placerville. If anyone wants to go from the Sacramento, Fairfield, Vacaville area, I can pick you up on the way.
Active Legion Member

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- we can start meeting at the staging house around 10:30. That is when I plan on getting there. The address for staging is 2800 Aldrade Ave, Richmond. This is 1 mile from Jacob's house. Jacob lives at 1034 15th Street, Richmond.

We will shoot for going to Jacob's at 11. If it is 12, the family is okay with that. We will be in contact with them. All you have to do is show up and just your presence is going to be what make this send off special. Thank you so much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: