Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=13040e5acbb2b703426ca16aa5231b88Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo holsters: Anovos vs. Todd's Costumes comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroCooL wrote:
fantastic info Smile

I want to order a Todd's ESB style holster but cant get hold of him at the moment. I am thinking I will have to order a much larger belt to go around the Hoth Parka jacket.

Are there sources on this forum for obtaining original style greeblies? I will never end up getting an Anovos as they are "out of stock" meaning years waiting...

Which movie were you looking for, ESB?

There are a number of vendors on Etsy that sell resin kits, and you may even be able to get 3D printed parts in various places now... I havenít really kept up with the market since I have the full set. For ESB, Iíve never seen anyone selling the Lego-looking piece, but thatís pretty uncommon since itís only briefly seen on screen (and not clearly), so the Anovos set was the first good look anyone ever had. Itís definitely considered optional, at any rate, since Han doesnít have it in more scenes than he has it.
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing ESB Hoth style...

Todd has got back to me tonight so theres hopefully not too long to wait on that now Smile

Greebs - I will do an Etsy hunt. Etsy isnt really all that big a deal here in the UK, not like the US. So its harder to find things. I then have to cross reference everything to make sure its accurate.
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anovos are back in stock and 25% off until tomorrow at midnight. (thru jan 1)

https://www.anovos.com/collections/in-stock-items/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-han-solo-holster-belt-items

I bought the "3 movie bundle". I'm quite happy with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How adjustable is the ANOVOS belt? I wanted to get on their interest/wait list, but I'm right on the cusp between the S and M sized belts, so I'm not quite sure which one to pick.
CaptainoftheFalcon ()

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Two Belt Options Reply with quote

Kman-

Thanks so much for posting both of these belts and breaking them down as far as positive and negatives of the two.

With that said... I will GLADLY relieve you of which ever one you are no longer interested in as I feel it would be the nice thing to do to unburden you of the stress of owning two of these belts and I eventually need to own one to go with the Han Solo build I'm about to begin.

-Capt.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Two Belt Options Reply with quote

CaptainoftheFalcon wrote:
Kman-

Thanks so much for posting both of these belts and breaking them down as far as positive and negatives of the two.

With that said... I will GLADLY relieve you of which ever one you are no longer interested in as I feel it would be the nice thing to do to unburden you of the stress of owning two of these belts and I eventually need to own one to go with the Han Solo build I'm about to begin.

-Capt.

LOL Mr. Green
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YunSolo92 wrote:
How adjustable is the ANOVOS belt? I wanted to get on their interest/wait list, but I'm right on the cusp between the S and M sized belts, so I'm not quite sure which one to pick.

It's *somewhat* adjustable? You can move the snaps around the center buckle in the back, in or out from the middle position. But I'm not sure what position their snaps are in for the measurement they offer. One would hope the middle... so perhaps +/- one inch? If I get a chance, I'll see if I can measure my belt at the two extreme positions, to see what the adjust range is. I'm a different size than you, but assuming the snaps are placed relatively similarly, it should still work.

That said, my personal guess is always go bigger. You can cut it down, and add more snaps if needed, but adding leather onto the end of a too-short belt is pretty impossible.
Active Legion Member

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI if anyones interested I have received my Todd's belt.. it no longer has the "cap" on the end of the holster.. it is flush with the end like the Anovos Smile
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about the metal disc on the Anovos gunbelt. The same part appears on some of the Chewbacca OT bandoliers, but the source part has never been identified, and the exact dimensions are not known. The Elvis Trooper pieces are a best guess on size based on the images.

Since Anovos presumably has direct access to the original holsters, I would hope/assume that their disc is accurate.

If the exact dimensions of the disc are known, it would be very helpful in accurately scaling and patterning the original bandoliers, since there is some doubt that the correct small box on the bandolier is actually the Hammond 1590A, and may instead be a different Hammond box that is no longer in production.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroCooL wrote:
FYI if anyones interested I have received my Todd's belt.. it no longer has the "cap" on the end of the holster.. it is flush with the end like the Anovos Smile

Cool! Got a pic? Iíd love to see the new one to see how they compare.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
I'm curious about the metal disc on the Anovos gunbelt. The same part appears on some of the Chewbacca OT bandoliers, but the source part has never been identified, and the exact dimensions are not known. The Elvis Trooper pieces are a best guess on size based on the images.

Since Anovos presumably has direct access to the original holsters, I would hope/assume that their disc is accurate.

If the exact dimensions of the disc are known, it would be very helpful in accurately scaling and patterning the original bandoliers, since there is some doubt that the correct small box on the bandolier is actually the Hammond 1590A, and may instead be a different Hammond box that is no longer in production.

If I get a chance Iíll pull out the calipers next time I have my belt out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was the ANOVOS holster that didn't have a flush cap in the first place, not Todd's...?
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YunSolo92 wrote:
I thought it was the ANOVOS holster that didn't have a flush cap in the first place, not Todd's...?

Looking at the photos on the previous page, you are correct. Todd's caps have always been flush.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two pictures of my Anovos holster, with a detail of the bottom:

Here is a photo that I could find of the original where you can see a line at the bottom. It does look to me like a cross-section of a piece of leather at the bottom, but I'm not an expert:

kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisG wrote:
Here are two pictures of my Anovos holster, with a detail of the bottom:

Here is a photo that I could find of the original where you can see a line at the bottom. It does look to me like a cross-section of a piece of leather at the bottom, but I'm not an expert:

As near as I've been able to determine, ironically, they're both wrong, but from different directions.

Based on the references I've been looking at, technically, the cap should be partially inset into the end of the holster.

Todd's is inset entirely, which IMO looks better, but isn't entirely accurate. Anovos, OTOH, is simply slapped onto the end, which looks worse (IMO), and also isn't exactly accurate.

Here are some pics that illustrate this point (click these to view full size; they're larger than they show on the forum here):

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: