Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=09b7b80cc5a42eeb474008d0be821bb0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fireside Padme Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
And now they are showing up. Maybe they were on strike before. Razz

LOL Oh good! I was worried I may need a new image hosting platform. Shocked

The corset I purchased arrived last night and I tried it on and it fits great. It is not laced properly in the photo but it does give the desired shape I need. I will be adding the additional beading to the choker itself today and tomorrow and then that should be done. This was quite possibly the biggest hurdle and one I did entirely on my own so I am thrilled with how it has come together.

Here is a closeup shot of the bead detail as well as the velvet/bead detail on the necklace itself.

I did a quick try on with my hair in a basic braid and the headband (even though I will be replacing it with a thicker one!) and corset and so far so good. I didn't have access to a full length mirror to show length of necklace but it does reach 50 inches and hits where it should. Mr. Green

Next plan of attack is cutting the Vogue pattern out and making a mock of the skirt.

I've been searching for a good pattern/tutorial for her gloves. I am pretty sure I can make those on my own but haven't been able to find one. Does anyone have a good reference for them? I have the material and buttons. Just need the way to make them.

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia/Endor Commander Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme, Flame Handmaiden Padme, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the costume! Since my last post, I finished the costume and submitted and got approved. Very Happy

The glove pattern was actually fun. We used cellophane and wrapped it around my arms to make the general shape we needed. We then cut it off and used that as a pattern for the pleather. We initially tried stitching the pleather but it didn't look right so we redid them with hot Gorilla glue and it worked perfectly.

The corset was made the same way. I put on my under corset (bought on corsetdeal.com) and then we wrapped cellophane around me to make the pattern. Cut it into the pieces needed and then used that to cut the pleather.

This was the initial try on shot once we finished the pieces.

The lace fabric I found really is stunning and looks amazing when layered on the silver satin.

I also obtained a thicker headband from Walmart. I found it in the children's section. It had a plastic butterfly on it but I removed it and voila! Thicker double headband for $3.

I handstitched the beading around the choker over a few hours and the costume was finally finished. Here is a closeup of the piece.

The choker/necklace was, BY FAR, the most extensive piece of work needed for this costume. In comparison, the skirt and corset were easy. I can honestly say I spent around 11-12 hours hand beading it and hanging all the bead strands and stringing the beads etc. It looks amazing and I love wearing it but it is heavy.

I look forward to wearing this to troops in the future. Mr. Green

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia/Endor Commander Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme, Flame Handmaiden Padme, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so pretty! Love looking at all your hard work.

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
This is so pretty! Love looking at all your hard work.

Thank you! I hope it helps other Padme's out there when they make this costume. I love it so much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: