Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7cccd9c2fe429296990eb3e69c217a3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ECCC 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: ECCC 2018 Reply with quote

I'm looking for volunteers for Alpha Base led events at ECCC. We already have some interest and volunteers for a few things, but I'd like to get more people working on them so that it's less work for everyone. The current ideas are:

1. Build a Jedi Workshop/Panel: Led by Caitlin (Barís), Chrissy Morse, and Deunan. These three have the content for the panel on lock, but they may end up needing some extra helpers for passing things out/etc. and as costume models.
-It would be great to follow up this panel with a series of
costume workshops throughout the state where people can go with fabric to get more help in building a Jedi. We'll also need volunteers to host and help with those.

2. Rebel Legion Panel: Led by me and Raina, looking for 2-4 more panelists and several costume models. We'll talk about what the Rebel Legion does, what the community is like, how to find the costume requirements and submit your costume, and how to build an approvable costume on a budget. In addition to volunteers we'll also need pictures from events.

3. Rebel Hunt: Led by Mark Edwards & JCSG. This game is for any of the costume groups. It is used at various cons around the world, including this upcoming RCCC. It is very similar to the Jedi Hunt that Jet City Saber Guild did last year that was a huge success. In short: antagonists (501st, Saber Guild Sith, & Mandos) hand out wanted posters for the protagonists (Saber Guild Jedi & Alpha Base). The costumers wander the floor (we may want it to be a concentrated area since ECCC is so huge) and the participants look for the protagonists that they've seen on the posters. Once they find a protagonist, the protagonist gives them some sort of token (could even be a business card with a cutesy "you won" phrase and directions back to our booth). When they get back to the booth they can turn in the card for a small prize (sticker, tattoo, button, etc.). This will be a fun game that will have the added bonus of directing people to our booth. This will NOT count for roster hours for the discounted ticket.
-We'll need some volunteers to help Mark with operations. We'll also need some design work for the cards and posters and some financial support for printing the posters and prizes. I'm hoping we can get one other AB person to "take a day" to do Ops on coordinating the poster/protagonist schedule, and JCSG to take the other two.

4. Monday Spa Day: Led by me for members of the RL, 501st, Saber Guild, Mandos, Ewok builders, etc. I'm planning to take vacation time to come to RCCC, and I wouldn't really want to fly back the next day. Some other people also take the Monday after the con off, and at the Ladies of the Legions spa day the owners of Ladywell Spa told us that we can rent the entire spa out and if we have 15+ people it becomes the usual cost per person. When we rent it out all genders can come (as long as everyone wears a swimsuit). It'll be super relaxing and we'll all be so much less sore afterwards. I can probably schedule everything via the forum and by phone, but in the chance that we need someone to physically go to the spa for paperwork/etc. I'd need a volunteer for that.

5. Recruitment posters: This was an idea Mark and I had for the outer wall of the room. Classic WWII style recruitment posters with our members costumes would look so fantastic. We'd need volunteers with photoshop skills, photography skills, and of course costume models.

We're open to other things too! Comment if you're interested in helping with any of this.

(Cross Posted from our Facebook Members Only page)
Kermit101 ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help arrange the spa not a problem. I live close to the convention center already (I am in Ballard). Let me know how else I can help and can be an extra hand.
kwinchell (Katherine)
Alpha Base XO
Alpha Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: