Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9adde71c5dd83964683e083ce4311465Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Corporal Eskro Casrich Helmet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flavivsaetivs (Evan Schultheis)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Corporal Eskro Casrich Helmet Reply with quote

I got the LEGO U-Wing Set and noticed that there's a new style of Rebel Helmet, seen here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eskro_Casrich

It can also be seen on Mon Mothma's Bodyguards in the Star Wars: Rebels series:

https://youtu.be/2C-JAKOlhD4?t=13s

A side view of the LEGO version of the helmet can be found here:

I've been looking at a couple ideas for joining the Rebel Legion (just a noob here) and definitely want to do some never-before-seen costumes later on. I'm curious if this costume has been done (and approved), and I'm curious as to how they assembled it (especially the helmet). It's one I'd like to possibly join with if it's already been done.
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware that anyone has done this helmet yet either here or on the RPF. Definitely a cool helmet, and getting some other attention in Star Wars Rebels as well as the Force Arena mobile game.

Erskin Semaj (Star Wars Rebels: Season 3: Secret Cargo)

Star Wars: Force Arena mobile Game "Rebel Pathfinders"

Last edited by Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson) on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I first saw it, it looked like a step between the Rebel Fleet Trooper Helmet, and the KOTOR Republic Soldier helmet (which is why it caught my attention).

I'm focused on other things at the moment, but I hope to start putting together a Rebel Legion and 501st Legion impression to join with either this year or next year, and this one caught my attention. It clearly hasn't been done yet, looking around, so it's definitely not a good choice for starting out. But this is one I look forward to doing one day.
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Corporal Eskro Casrich Helmet Reply with quote

I have been looking at this helmet quite a bit, but have no idea what it might be. You see it in a few scenes on Yavin IV, but I don't think on Scarif. There is also a pic. of it floating around from a "behind the scene" like article.

flavivsaetivs wrote:
I got the LEGO U-Wing Set and noticed that there's a new style of Rebel Helmet, seen here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eskro_Casrich

It can also be seen on Mon Mothma's Bodyguards in the Star Wars: Rebels series:

https://youtu.be/2C-JAKOlhD4?t=13s

A side view of the LEGO version of the helmet can be found here:

I've been looking at a couple ideas for joining the Rebel Legion (just a noob here) and definitely want to do some never-before-seen costumes later on. I'm curious if this costume has been done (and approved), and I'm curious as to how they assembled it (especially the helmet). It's one I'd like to possibly join with if it's already been done.

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realized today that it looks a lot like the Cloud Car pilot helmet. Honestly a lot of helmets from the Empire Strikes Back preproduction have this similar shape of being very wide and open in the front, such as the Snowtrooper concept (which later became the Imperial Cadet in Rebels). The Death Star trooper and Lando's helmet he wore in Jabba's court has the same profile too. I can see how they all hearken back to the profile of a Samurai helmet, but apparently Lando's was inspired by a baseball mitt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely looks like the Cloud-Car pilot helmet, yeah. And obviously the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet too.

I have no idea how it would be made though.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will either be a new scuplt that someone will mold if the have the interest / see the demand. Most of us got into this hobby by some pet interest, and we taught ourselves the skills to make it reality. I forsee you buying a lot of plaster and bondo and becoming a moldmaker...do you have any friends with a vacuuform?

This helmet is geometrically simple enough that I could also see it easily made out of EVA foam. A long strip for the center panel, and then slightly curved pieces for the sides. Then plastidip the thing for a crisp surface and paint. Or vice versa. I haven't studied in detail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: