Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=32e892cb218b46d28b7fda791b32d834Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ultrasaber review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roushmustang ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Ultrasaber review Reply with quote

So I had this long review penned but it took me so long to write the system auto logged me out Mad

Long story short I didn't have a problem with ultrasaber's customer service, all my emails were answered within 48 hours. My prophecy v3 hilt is listed as out of stock and I was given a wait time of about 4 weeks, but they got it out to me 2 weeks ahead of schedule allowing me to use it at the upcoming firefrogs troop; And while some people said they had a 2 week shipping wait I got my blade in 4 days.

The hilt itself is about 11" long and comes equipped with a covertec wheel, 2 choke points, & 2 emitter holes to allow some blade light out for added effect. The hilt is lighter then a force fx hilt and thin enough in diameter to fit comfortably in your hand. The 2 choke points also allow for single and dual handed grips with ease. When the blade is in the hilt the overall Saber length is about 45" long with the balance point being a few inches off the end of the emitter. This leads to a rather neutral feel during use and I never felt it was too blade or hilt heavy. I chose sunrider's destiny for my led; this color is kind of a tealy green, while not as green as consular green it's not as blue as I would like it to be. The led is bright even outside and should be fine for use even without a day blade which is something I desperately wanted.

The downsides to the hilt were that some edges are a little rough, not enough to be a problem, but definitely noticeable. The led also lacks a locking pin and relies on the blade being securely seated to prevent any float. The same goes for the battery pack so that you can replace the batteries which can lead to a little rattle during use; but this can be remedied by placing some buffering material inside to cusion the pack.

All in all, for the price I paid, I am extremely happy with my purchase and will definitely use ultrasabers again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: