Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=66abb8ad1221f3a5899fd5e310705248Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lt. Col. Provost Retirement Ceremony & OC - 7/28 2:30pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PtrsonsZOO (Jennifer Peterson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Lt. Col. Provost Retirement Ceremony & OC - 7/28 2:30pm
Event starting Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am for 2 hours

Lt. Col. Provost will be retiring from the USAF on July 28th at 3pm, and she has made special arrangements to be able to do so in front of the X-Wing at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum. She has also asked me to provide some Pilots & Clones to make the event really special for her.

Date: July 28th
Time: Dressed out by 2:30pm (Ceremony at 3pm)
Normal WOTR dressing room procedure
What: Posing for pictures and playing tin-soldier dressing for the ceremony, with an open cockpit for the guests to follow (that part is on me).

I have been working with the Lt. Col. since last October to get this set up for her, but she had been relying on her husband to put in the proper requests for characters, and apparently he forgot something. She contacted me again today to confirm that he had arranged for the pilots and the open cockpit. Since that didn't happen, I am covering that now. After confirming with Patrick, I will be the RL POC for this event, and the person running the Open Cockpit for the X-Wing (there are only a few of us allowed to do that).

On a side note, Lt. Col. Provost is also being filmed by the "Looking For Leia" documentary, so everyone needs to be in their best kit conditions, and you might be asked to sign a release by the crew.

Here's the way the sign up will go... I need even numbers, so in order to make that work, I will list the slots, and they have to fill up going down. For every 2 Clones, I need 4 Pilots before the next tier opens up.

1st Tier:
Clone 1 - Patrick G.
Clone 2 -
Pilot 1 - Kim R
Pilot 2 - Shana R.
Pilot 3 -
Pilot 4 -
-------------------------------
2nd Tier:
1st Tier:
Clone 1 -
Clone 2 -
Pilot 1 -
Pilot 2 -
Pilot 3 -
Pilot 4 -

Last edited by PtrsonsZOO (Jennifer Peterson) on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sithchick ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in! Pilot Lady #1 Laughing
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sithchick wrote:
I'm in! Pilot Lady #1 Laughing

Woot!!!

Come on ladies, this is a female Lt. Col. in the Air Force, and how could would it be to have a cadre of female pilots there to support her?!

Last edited by PtrsonsZOO (Jennifer Peterson) on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm out of a job 7/21, count me in as a pilot for this.

Unless they decide they want a Leia since there's the Looking for Leia crew on site.
RLGS, RLSC

https://www.gofundme.com/a2e82f-psychiatric-service-dog-help
bobafret (Dave Adams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there is a post on 501st MG about this as well with less firm info. I'm sure Zoo knows what's up so have posted over there about syncing up. That request was for Vader and TK to present a shadow box so just wanting to make sure all ducks are in a row as this looks like a big special deal! I've made myself available as TK over there because it was getting late and nobody signed up yet and I wanted to make sure we honored the request and event. Then I saw this one pop up.

Will stay on as TK for now since I believe I'm one of two TK signed up at this point. I know they were trying to get a Vader too on that post...
Cyodarun (Mel Mattson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh....I would so love to troop this one, but we will be in Michigan....
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobafret wrote:
Looks like there is a post on 501st MG about this as well with less firm info. I'm sure Zoo knows what's up so have posted over there about syncing up.

The Lt. Col. followed up with me earlier this week, because she concerned that her husband (who was supposed to be setting people for it) hadn't contacted me yet. Her suspicions were correct, and I have not told her about the stuff her husband asked from the 501st, since that is probably his surprise. I've been working with her since last October to make this happen, including the event staff at the museum. So, yes, please, do not change anything about those arrangements. These are in addition to that.
ScubaJedi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't during the workday. I don't have enough time built up to spare from the new job

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
bobafret (Dave Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtrsonsZOO wrote:
bobafret wrote:
Looks like there is a post on 501st MG about this as well with less firm info. I'm sure Zoo knows what's up so have posted over there about syncing up.

The Lt. Col. followed up with me earlier this week, because she concerned that her husband (who was supposed to be setting people for it) hadn't contacted me yet. Her suspicions were correct, and I have not told her about the stuff her husband asked from the 501st, since that is probably his surprise. I've been working with her since last October to make this happen, including the event staff at the museum. So, yes, please, do not change anything about those arrangements. These are in addition to that.

Thanks Zoo - I'm not in a position to change anything I'm just a grunt. Nessa is POC let me know if you want me to have her sync with you. On the MG post it says "We would like the detail of 501st Stormtroopers to present her shadow box during the retirement ceremony (as a surprise)." and then indicates we're "standing guard during a 60-minute ceremony".

The issue I want to clear up is that on MG board it says "Event Start: TBA (Probably Noon)" which seems to contradict your post. I'm concerned if the husband is kind of flighty that we have crossed wires on the timing. Sounds like the ceremony is at 3pm per your post and if that's true, MG is getting people to commit for a completely wrong time window (12-3 when it sounds like it's really more like 2-5p).
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the official USAF invite, and it is most definitely a 3pm start time for the ceremony.

I just sent Lt.Col. Provost a message to have her husband get in touch with his POC to clear up the times.
bobafret (Dave Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtrsonsZOO wrote:
I have the official USAF invite, and it is most definitely a 3pm start time for the ceremony.

I just sent Lt.Col. Provost a message to have her husband get in touch with his POC to clear up the times.

Yeah I definitely don't doubt you at all Zoo! Looks like they are reaching out again from MG side. Imma butt out of it and just play trooper role now!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you shined a light on a problem and now it's getting resolved. Good on ya!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more days! Anyone else want to join in on the fun?
Pagil M'gar (Patrick Gillies)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clone reporting for duty,

Jeff?
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Charity Liaison 2016-2018

Rebel Legion Starfighter Command
Knights of the Jedi Order
Clones of the Republic
Docking Bay 94
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: