Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=878a31961867a10945454be33cafa99eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Standards Revision: Leia as Boushh
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Standards Revision: Leia as Boushh Reply with quote

My proposed revisions, blue is my comments and red is items I think we should remove.

1. Proper brown weathered helmet with tan deerskin snout, a silver flanking nose “combs” and two dark green visors, and a stitched strap at the back, weathered with proper greeblies and painting. Greeblies on side are dark grey with brown and black accents. Helmet has 10 black striped lines that wrap around the upper back and a red 1138 on the right side. Helmet should be weathered to match visual references.
2. Brown weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.
3. Bandolier of gray twill belting with proper weathered greeblies and small canisters. Where shoulder and waist connect in front is marked with stitching in the shape of a box with an X stitched in grey. Back of shoulder bandolier strap has a grey stitched triangle. Bandolier attaches to back band with a dark colored/metallic snap. In front the left side of parachute clip has black stitching, and the right side of parachute clip has grey stitching. Right and left side of bandolier have large cylinder with lid painted black.
4. Beige or tan weathered suede or suedecloth mid-thigh-length tunic with a V-neck folded left over right, a center front opening and large sleeves reaching just below the elbows. No visible closures or fastenings.Shoulder seems of outer tunic should hit approximately 1-2 inches down upper arm past shoulder.
5. Tan leather or leather-like hip-length tunic with a dark brown suede or suedecloth turtleneck collar and dark brown suede or suedecloth sleeves worn beneath the outer tunic. Sleeves are styled to fingerless gauntlets with 8 spike studs at each knuckle in a triangular pattern. There should be a collar on this tunic or a dickie that extends under the helmet to cover the neck and all skin/hair when helmet is on.
6. Beige or tan semi-circular weathered cape of herringbone or other heavy woven material. Cape should hit below elbow on right side and at knee on left side. The top of cape folds to outside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and the bottom of cape folds to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide. The sides of cape fold to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and cover bottom seam.
7. Beige or tan suede or suedecloth gloves to wear underneath studded gauntlets.
8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). Should have between 18 and 22 ribs. Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.
9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.
10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front below slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.
11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length
and the black clip has one slot on top and two slots on bottom

12. Beige or tan flat-soled boots or shoes to wear under the boot spats. Boots have low heel that is dark in color and the boot front is ovular in shape.
13. Hair pulled back into a long single braid low messy bun. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
Tall blaster rifle Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.
Proper round thermal detonator with optional light and sound
”1138” in red lettering on the upper right side of the helmet

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios

Last edited by Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt) on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joy! I'll sticky this for discussion.

We will leave this open for two weeks or until a consensus is reached.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper

Galactic Senate DCO
plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHEW, glad I haven't started sewing Boushh yet!

I'd suggest maybe starting the girth ribbing at 16 then max of 22. The ribbing and width of the belt is going to be down to measurements on the wearer's torso length versus height.

For the clip on the boots, it might be easier (for the visual like myself) to also describe them as parachute clips.

That's all I've got for suggestions on tightening up the costume standards based on my own research into making this.

Alpha 75 - "No Instructions? No problem!"
FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Rebel Legion - Galactic Senate, RLSC
plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...

Quote:
9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has a grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip that matches the greeblies worn on helmet. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.

The details on the leather belt, like adding in the black vertical stitching. Is there a picture to reference to? I've been going off of these photos..

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/toromodel/sets/72157622374805323/

FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the leather belt was lost if I am remembering right, it's not in the photos you linked. I'll go back through my personal archive and try and find photos I used when making mine

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)

plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
I think the leather belt was lost if I am remembering right, it's not in the photos you linked. I'll go back through my personal archive and try and find photos I used when making mine

Thank you!

FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the old photo of the belt, which has since been lost by the LFL archives (hence why it's never with the exhibits or in the recent new photos for the SW costumes book). You can see a small square greeblie on the right hip side of the belt, as well as the vertical stitch lines near the buckle:

To make the greeblie on my belt, I had an extra center chest piece made of resin that I cut the top half off of and painted. Since there are no detailed photos of whatever that real greeblie is, anything resembling that shape and in a dark color with some kind of details would likely suffice.

plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
Here's the old photo of the belt, which has since been lost by the LFL archives (hence why it's never with the exhibits or in the recent new photos for the SW costumes book). You can see a small square greeblie on the right hip side of the belt, as well as the vertical stitch lines near the buckle:

To make the greeblie on my belt, I had an extra center chest piece made of resin that I cut the top half off of and painted. Since there are no detailed photos of whatever that real greeblie is, anything resembling that shape and in a dark color with some kind of details would likely suffice.

As obscure as this is, since the details are lost, I think making the greeblie optional would be a good move. I didn't even know of the greeblie and stitching until the CRL revision proposal. I also have the costume books and saw the costume on display recently. My two cents on those details.

FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edits based on discussion so far- considering how small Carrie is and that she still had at least 18 rows of piping on her cummerbund I am reluctant to make it as low as 16 but would look for other's thoughts...

blue is my comments and red is items I think we should remove.

1. Proper brown weathered helmet with tan deerskin snout, a silver flanking nose “combs” and two dark green visors, and a stitched strap at the back, weathered with proper greeblies and painting. Greeblies on side are dark grey with brown and black accents. Helmet has 10 black striped lines that wrap around the upper back and a red 1138 on the right side. Helmet should be weathered to match visual references.
2. Brown weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.
3. Bandolier of gray twill belting with proper weathered greeblies and small canisters. Where shoulder and waist connect in front is marked with stitching in the shape of a box with an X stitched in grey. Back of shoulder bandolier strap has a grey stitched triangle. Bandolier attaches to back band with a dark colored/metallic snap. In front the left side of parachute clip has black stitching, and the right side of parachute clip has grey stitching. Right and left side of bandolier have large cylinder with lid painted black.
4. Beige or tan weathered suede or suedecloth mid-thigh-length tunic with a V-neck folded left over right, a center front opening and large sleeves reaching just below the elbows. No visible closures or fastenings.Shoulder seems of outer tunic should hit approximately 1-2 inches down upper arm past shoulder.
5. Tan leather or leather-like hip-length tunic with a dark brown suede or suedecloth turtleneck collar and dark brown suede or suedecloth sleeves worn beneath the outer tunic. Sleeves are styled to fingerless gauntlets with 8 spike studs at each knuckle in a triangular pattern. There should be a collar on this tunic or a dickie that extends under the helmet to cover the neck and all skin/hair when helmet is on.
6. Beige or tan semi-circular weathered cape of herringbone or other heavy woven material. Cape should hit below elbow on right side and at knee on left side. The top of cape folds to outside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and the bottom of cape folds to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide. The sides of cape fold to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and cover bottom seam.
7. Beige or tan suede or suedecloth gloves to wear underneath studded gauntlets.
8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). Should have between 18 and 22 ribs. Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.
9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.
10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front below slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.
11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black parachute clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length

12. Beige or tan flat-soled boots or shoes to wear under the boot spats. Boots have low heel that is dark in color and the boot front is ovular in shape.
13. Hair pulled back into a long single braid low messy bun. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
Tall blaster rifle 1. Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.
2. Proper round thermal detonator with optional light and sound
3. Two rows of blinking green lights in the top lens of the visor on the helmet
4. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet.

”1138” in red lettering on the upper right side of the helmet

plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up from me.

FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do know a couple of very short people, but it's not often we get people much shorter than Carrie was. However, short for us is someone else's normal in other parts of the world. I'd say 16 could be alright for really short people, but make a note that 18 is the original number of rows.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something like "16-22 rows (18 recommended)"?

Please do add our hair/wig clause to point 13: "Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair."

Thanks for working on this!

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper

Galactic Senate DCO
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

made more edits- added a description about having a more stain/shiny finish than a super shiny finish... some peoples looks incredibly reflective which is not right...
blue is added comments

2. Brown slightly shiny/satin finish weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.
8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). with 16-22 ribs(18 recommended). Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.
9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.
10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.
11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black parachute clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length

13. Hair pulled back into a french style braid ending in a low messy bun at the nape of the neck. Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
1. Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.
2. Proper round thermal detonator with optional light and sound
3. Two rows of blinking green lights in the top lens of the visor on the helmet
4. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with the French braid and messy bun. The hair strands lie wrong for a French or Dutch braid, but right for an English braid. Or the French braid would have to start far back on the head, then it could work. The references also show the hair hanging down the back and being wrapped in brown leather straps, it seems. I'll have to take a closer look at other references to cross check, but Leia does have a center part in her hair, which normally isn't there in French braiding.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
I have to disagree with the French braid and messy bun. The hair strands lie wrong for a French or Dutch braid, but right for an English braid. Or the French braid would have to start far back on the head, then it could work. The references also show the hair hanging down the back and being wrapped in brown leather straps, it seems. I'll have to take a closer look at other references to cross check, but Leia does have a center part in her hair, which normally isn't there in French braiding.

Can you provide references for this? I think I was thinking the french braid would start in the back of the head based on the screen captures from Jabbas Palace. In those images it appears that the hair is in a bun/dutch braid in some pictures and in some it looks like just a bun.

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2180.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2214.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2172.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2179.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2283.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2320.jpg

http://caps.pictures/198/3-starwars6/full/star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-2321.jpg

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: