Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=269a3d31e1a099cab54b137e8d49f399Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Robe Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zren Tobas ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Robe Question Reply with quote

So I might get me a new robe from the Amazon seller Largemouth, their sleeves and hoods are more larger than say a Jedi Robe America robe but had a quick question on theirs, is velcro allowed on the robe? Its for a closure so thought I'd ask first before anything. Fabric is kinda thin but not too too cheaply thin but not as thick as a JRA robe either though. I just like their construction better. So thanks for the info on that. I have a black robe I can post in about 2 weeks with to give some ideas if it'll help. Were in the process of moving at the moment and its all messy right now so. Only other thing is they only have one shade of brown like Obi-wan's robe shade so
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at that price-point you're better off with a rubies supreme jedi robe.
http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/authentic_adult_jedi_robe.html
my son wears one.
http://imageshack.com/a/img818/5206/nkjj.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img59/863/ey2n.jpg
(he is 5'8" and I had to remove about 4 inches from the bottom of the robe -- it will fit anyone up to about 6'0" I guess).

the fabric is a heavy weight polyester VERY similar to real wool.
the drape and flow are very convincing.
this is one of the few/(only?) SW products from Rubies which is actually accepted in the RL with no modifications.
for what it's worth? I would buy this again.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Didn't even know that actually. I was always staying away from those too Razz I think that's what their robes are made out of too. Yup, 100% polyester but not as thick as the Rubies one though
Zren Tobas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This robe:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U0NCJCE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_22?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1D1KKZ4DQNLCY

I have their black one for my custom Sith costume and its not too too bad in person so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: