Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dfcfa579da630610671d682a63c04651Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EP8 Rey - Dawn Bright - Standard Mockup- Ref Images and more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcrab3t ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three hero Rey's have already been approved, and I don't know how this was possible with the pending issues that are presented here. I'm not sure what the rush here is, and why these were approved. I respect Dawn's skill and talents, but again, this is premature.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiWanCassie wrote:
Obi? I don't seem to see that in the photo. I notice the undershirt, brown tunic, and tabards but no obi, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong? Confused

Nevermind I got confused with the obi and tunic, I see what you're talking about now
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy your belt from here?
https://www.amazon.com/Belt-Star-Wars-Costume-Waistbelt/dp/B01ARQ4M7I/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1501811605&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=rey+star+wars+belt

looks like the same one hmmm
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiWanCassie wrote:
Obi? I don't seem to see that in the photo. I notice the undershirt, brown tunic, and tabards but no obi, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong? Confused

Obi is there. heres a pic! Smile

LCJ / GML - LMO 501st Legion - ALMO Rebel Legion
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiWanCassie wrote:
Did you buy your belt from here?
https://www.amazon.com/Belt-Star-Wars-Costume-Waistbelt/dp/B01ARQ4M7I/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1501811605&sr=1-2&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=rey+star+wars+belt

looks like the same one hmmm

I hand made both of mine. on the Rey from EP7 and Rey of Ep8

My belt is fine 10g leather. this appears to be larger on the bottom as opposed to mine which is larger on the top. This belt also appears to be plastic. not leather. Also its not weathered. Smile Hope that helps

Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcrab3t wrote:
Arym Kalynsar wrote:
Have any photos of the back of the costume been public? Using the toy is iffy, at best.

I think this is a very important factor that needs consideration. I still just don't know how a standard can be written for a costume that we haven't seen yet in a film - even with promotional images. Just not enough angles (especially the back - and black series figures are not accurate enough). I believe there still isn't enough information because of this. I think it's risky and still premature.

Yes, I understand your viewpoint

It is true that the only reference is that of the doll. We can put together a sketch even if it is for the judges to have a minimum guide. And wait for the movie to come out, complete trailer or more detailed images

Yours!
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the majority agrees, we can create a first version of Costume Standard (there are many references. We would lack a more detailed reference of the back). But having a Costume Standard (which will be changes in the future), can be very useful for judges and we have to be prepared because near and after the movie many legionaries are going to make this Costume.

And the approval process takes at least 2 months. We have to have a minimum base. I agree with Jason that we need even a basic Costume Standard . We all know that the doll is not an acurate reference. But it can be useful now.

I remember that with Luke Episode 7 it worked pretty well

Obviously it is my opinion and my contribution to the thread. We choose the alternative where everyone agrees. If everyone agrees, I can start the process.

Yours! Wink Wink
Arym Kalynsar (Amy Kelly)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
jcrab3t wrote:
Arym Kalynsar wrote:
Have any photos of the back of the costume been public? Using the toy is iffy, at best.

I think this is a very important factor that needs consideration. I still just don't know how a standard can be written for a costume that we haven't seen yet in a film - even with promotional images. Just not enough angles (especially the back - and black series figures are not accurate enough). I believe there still isn't enough information because of this. I think it's risky and still premature.

Yes, I understand your viewpoint

It is true that the only reference is that of the doll. We can put together a sketch even if it is for the judges to have a minimum guide. And wait for the movie to come out, complete trailer or more detailed images

Yours!

But, is it typical to have a standard being developed and costumes approved when we don't know what the back of the actual costume looks like? We haven't even seen a full trailer. Hopefully, that will have a good view of the back and we can move on.
Just seems to me that waiting until the whole costume can actually be seen by the public would be a more sensible way to proceed.
ladysolo14 ()
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think it's fine to approve the costume with the references we have. Based on the action figure, I highly doubt there will be anything crazy happening on the back. Maybe there might be an additional seam or two but these are not details that make or break a costume. From what we know of the front of the costume and the action figure we can decently infer what the back looks like. I think the costumes that have been approved are of excellent quality and will have a positive impact at any event.
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladysolo14 wrote:
Honestly, I think it's fine to approve the costume with the references we have. Based on the action figure, I highly doubt there will be anything crazy happening on the back. Maybe there might be an additional seam or two but these are not details that make or break a costume. From what we know of the front of the costume and the action figure we can decently infer what the back looks like. I think the costumes that have been approved are of excellent quality and will have a positive impact at any event.

I agree. I think the photos that came out of the set, the video Behind the scenes and the action figure are pretty good references. There may be minimal differences. I think we have enough material to create a first version of the Costume Standard . And having approved Costumes (which match Lady Solo are of excellent quality) produces a positive feel.

In addition, the research work, armed with the proposal and the references found (with the analysis) of Dawn is great. She did an excellent job that will be very useful.

Yours!
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kylo Ren"]
ObiWanCassie wrote:

Thanks for replying Dawn!

The tabards, I talked with a few of my friends who are in Endor base, we examined the tabards and they appear to be lighter than regular cotton gauze, perhaps wool? It really shows in the "Star Wars The last jedi behind the scenes" video that was posted a couple weeks ago.

We think this might be a good choice
https://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/wool/pure-wool-gauze-fabric.html
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ObiWanCassie"]
Kylo Ren wrote:
ObiWanCassie wrote:

Thanks for replying Dawn!

The tabards, I talked with a few of my friends who are in Endor base, we examined the tabards and they appear to be lighter than regular cotton gauze, perhaps wool? It really shows in the "Star Wars The last jedi behind the scenes" video that was posted a couple weeks ago.

We think this might be a good choice
https://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/wool/pure-wool-gauze-fabric.html

I do believe this is the material that was ID'ed as Screen Accurate

Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oraculo wrote:
ladysolo14 wrote:

I agree. I think the photos that came out of the set, the video Behind the scenes and the action figure are pretty good references. There may be minimal differences. I think we have enough material to create a first version of the Costume Standard . And having approved Costumes (which match Lady Solo are of excellent quality) produces a positive feel.

In addition, the research work, armed with the proposal and the references found (with the analysis) of Dawn is great. She did an excellent job that will be very useful.

Yours!

Agustín is nothing short of awesome, capable and an amazing judge. Thats not just me tooting his horn. But also I honestly would NOT have submitted had I ay indication that the back was different from that toy. At the end of the day. What would someone anticipate would be there? The toy shows nothing. The side and fronts match the toy to the ref we have. Smile
Yes toys are good secondary ref and in the case of these toys I do think that they are direct 3d scans (as they were in the case of TFA and many other toys).

That toy aside really the front and two side shot full body Photos we have are pretty fantastic and offer a very clear view.

The boots were my biggest concern. They were the last piece of ref that just needed to come out. we got it simultaneously with the toy release and the promo images and the D23 image from the video.

Have a great day all and may the force be with you!!!

Arym Kalynsar (Amy Kelly)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylo Ren wrote:
Oraculo wrote:
ladysolo14 wrote:

Yours!

Agustín is nothing short of awesome, capable and an amazing judge. Thats not just me tooting his horn. But also I honestly would NOT have submitted had I ay indication that the back was different from that toy. At the end of the day. What would someone anticipate would be there? The toy shows nothing. The side and fronts match the toy to the ref we have. Smile
Yes toys are good secondary ref and in the case of these toys I do think that they are direct 3d scans (as they were in the case of TFA and many other toys).

That toy aside really the front and two side shot full body Photos we have are pretty fantastic and offer a very clear view.

The boots were my biggest concern. They were the last piece of ref that just needed to come out. we got it simultaneously with the toy release and the promo images and the D23 image from the video.

Have a great day all and may the force be with you!!!

I am more curious about the process of creating standards and learning more about how it is done, which I have done through this discussion.

One side note: the SW figures are not developed from 3D scans, nor were TFA ones. They are digitally modeled/sculpted. This is very different than 3D scans.
JediJainaSolo (Sarah Townsend)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a LOT of girls with their costumes nearly done who would like to start trooping with this costume, and it would be sad if the standard got hung up for too long. I think this looks great, and was one of the main things I was going by when making and submitting yesterday. Unlike Resistance Rey (the standards of which need slight updating now) this costume isn't as crazy detailed, thank goodness, and many people were able to get their hands on the screen accurate fabric before it ran out, so I think we will see a flood of submissions come in, and waiting on a standard too long to get approved would be frustating for them, you know. I agree, what was done with Luke worked great!

BTW, how do we go about proposing changes to a standard? I would like to submit changes for Resistance soon.

Scavenger, Princess, Senator and Sword of the Jedi
https://www.instagram.com/owl_feathers/
https://www.facebook.com/OwlFeathersArts/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: