Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5cb206607beac447e61ffdd02ab523d7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/2/17 34th Annual Richmond Dominion Christmas Parade
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Central Virginia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (14)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
ShivanndThu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm
twilekjediSat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 am
Bouri-PlwelSat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 am
Mnt33rSun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm
Colt45Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:08 am
ZochaMon Aug 07, 2017 2:52 pm
erictankFri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am
Jon-Ari_KenobiTue Aug 15, 2017 10:52 pm
Sol Kar PloonMon Aug 28, 2017 4:03 pm
wgarthMon Oct 02, 2017 2:24 pm
Koda VonnorSun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 pm
TGaines107Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm
mleech77Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:43 am
Nikkos KhannTue Nov 07, 2017 3:22 am
User Registered Confirmed
Ami-Lyn KelTue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 pm
midichlorianloriThu Nov 09, 2017 12:28 am
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: 12/2/17 34th Annual Richmond Dominion Christmas Parade
Event from Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 pm to Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Save the date- the Richmond Christmas Parade is scheduled for 12/2/17 this year, at 10 AM!

The website for the parade is at http://richmondparade.com/

Well here we go again!!!!....Christmas in August....Dont we wish the weather was a little cooler. Very Happy
Hopefully this will put a spring in your step.
Just like last year, and 33 parades before that, DOMINION is doing it again.

They already have the application up online to be filled out by returning members and once again we are going to try and group up with Garrison Tyranus, and the Mandalorian Mercs so that we can split the entry fee since this year it is $200. I will be looking once again for help with this entry fee from those who are participating and if you arent and you are feeling generous by all means thank you.

The typical information is below.

The date this year is SATURDAY DECEMBER 2ND, 2017 AT 10:00AM
The Parade will depart from the Science Museum on West Broad Street at 10am and continues East until ending on Seventh Street around noon. Last year's holiday event attracted more than 250,000 spectators from all over Virginia, with thousands more watching a live television broadcast. It is the largest single day event of the year in Virginia. This year's Parade will have huge high-flying balloons, elaborate floats, star spangled marching bands and as always, SANTA CLAUS!
The route is about 2 miles in length down the main thoroughfare in Richmond
This past year, the Rebel Legion, the 501st and the Mandolorian Mercs marched in the parade under ONE NAME - STAR WARS COSTUMING ORGANIZATIONS, but they let us MARCH UNDER SEPARATE BANNERS.

We are considering this a Medium profile event, meaning, this is an official Rebel Legion event that does not involve Lucasfilm Ltd. and is for RL promotion or charity. A formal costume is the requirement unless otherwise requested/permitted.
All decisions regarding costume types for events are up to the Base Commander, Event Coordinator, the Rebel Legion Event Officer, and Legion Council.

Just like last year we will try to have an RL Dinner the night before and a lunch after the march. And just like last year, we will need to be there around 8 AM in order to be counted for the event.
Last year's weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL

The cost of marching is $200 for a non profit organization WHICH HAS GONE UP since last year. We had an incredible turnout with about 55 showing up BETWEEN THE 3 GROUPS.
We are going to do it the same as last year with regards to the money involved. I am going to take donations until right before the deadline for the application to go in so that we have a FIRM COMMITMENT from attending persons. I know that the base will have to cover some of the cost up front to put the application in, but I am hoping that we as members of the base will be able to cover the cost without relying on any one individual.

IF YOU WISH TO DONATE YOU CAN SEND THE FUNDS TO:
JSWEB3@COMCAST.NET

Just to give a little background:
This parade is sort of like Richmond's version of the Rose Bowl Parade in California. The Parade is broadcast LIVE on the local PBS network of Richmond, and will be rebroadcast on Christmas Day and will be ON DEMAND from COMCAST.
TV: The Parade is broadcast LIVE on WTVR-CBS 6 the day of the parade from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

A few years ago a small group of RL and 501st did an interview with CBS 6 and it went over great and we had a fabulous time doing it.

Here is the link to the parade info and pics from the past ones:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76014257@N08

I am hoping we can get everyone from last year as well as more from neighboring bases. As always the more the merrier.
I will be extending this invite to Terrapin Base and anyone in Freedom Base can invite others to join in as long as it is anApproved Rebel Legion Costume

If you are interested in joining in the Reindeer Games just like last year, post your interest and we will go from there.
It would be great to see some of the folks that werent able to attend last year, be able to come this year.

I would love to see a good sized group this year, especially with the addition of some of our newest and returning members.

Please lets please try to keep this to one Face Character per movie/costume
Example....
you can have multiple Leias as long as they are in different costumes and such...no 2 EP 4 Leias in the White Gown, but we can have
ANH Leia in Death Star white gown
ANH Leia in Ceremonial outfit
ROTJ Leia Bousch
ROTJ Endor Leia
ROTJ Ewok Encampment outfit

You get the drift...
same with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Han, Luke, Padme, etc., etc.

Thanks

Thanks in advance and lets make this one bigger and better than last year. Very Happy

STAY POSTED FOR MORE INFORMATION

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE AT THE MUSTER POINT NO LATER THAN 8:15
WE STEP OFF AT 10....

If you are going to the shuttle lot, here is that info and MAKE SURE TO GIVE YOURSELF AT LEAST 30 MINUTES TO GET TO THE MUSTER POINT FROM THE SHUTTLE

Quote:
"You MUST arrive at the set-up area at DMV and the Science Museum NO LATER than 8:15am "

"You must be in the Line Up area and checked in with your Division Captain by 9:00am
Roll Call will be at 9:30am. Any Units not in line will not be allowed to participate."

Here is parking info.

There is a shuttle lot which is listed below that will take you to the muster point at the Science Museum. This lot is about 3 blocks down on 7th Street past the Coliseum where the parade ends.
Here is the info about the lot:
There is no physical address for the parking lot.
It is typically a GRTC lot and lot for VCU called Lot I
VCU LOT I
and it is where the shuttle will pick up.

It is literally right across 95S on 7th Street. You can get to it by taking the 3rd street exit off of 95 South and turning LEFT on Jackson, and then another LEFT on 7th Street. Go across 95 South and the lot is on your left.

It is also
Stop ID: 3032
GRTC Transit System http://www.ridegrtc.com

7th + Parking Lot (I Lot)
Richmond, VA 23219

or you can plug this into the Hyperdrive Navigator:
992 N 7th St
Richmond, VA 23219

------------------------------
As far as the dinner the night before I am still open to suggestions but O'Charleys midtown is still fine with me as it is our old standby:
6291 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230-2204
(804) 673-8233

If you are coming in from out of town or are in town and want to join us feel free to mosey in and grab a brew with us. We will probably be there around 7:30ish.

Joel Webne

Last edited by Shivannd (Joel Webne) on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband has already volunteered to bring his truck up for the parade again this year, if we have a Chewie or droids that want to ride. He had a good time last year. Smile
twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donation sent; PP ID# 96L27180DV289421L

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to those who have contributed to the parade fee thus far.

Joel Webne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vt357 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 12/2/17 34th Annual Richmond Dominion Christmas Parade Reply with quote

Shivannd wrote:
We are considering this a Medium profile event, meaning, this is an official Rebel Legion event that does not involve Lucasfilm Ltd. and is for RL promotion or charity. A formal costume is the requirement unless otherwise requested/permitted.
All decisions regarding costume types for events are up to the Base Commander, Event Coordinator, the Rebel Legion Event Officer, and Legion Council.

Joel, as discussed at the Rouge One premiere last year, I'd like to request permission for my godson Danny to be able to troop this as Finn. He'll be 15 at the time of the parade. Let me know what I need to do to as I finish up his costume, send photos, etc. to receive approval for this event. Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have my Old Luke in hand by then (shooting for Air & Scare, actually).
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erictank wrote:
I should have my Old Luke in hand by then (shooting for Air & Scare, actually).

That is great....cant wait to see it

I have posted a GOOGLE Spreadsheet so that we can track the costumes and members marching.
Also we are looking for Droids and static prop pieces that could go into the truck.
If you have a Jawa or Battle Droid or even an R2 unit that doesnt work, it could still go in the truck(s)
Thanks

Link to the GOOGLE sign up for the Parade:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aJipBk0K4UvIoIZKb36MCqJZbDTXRQgGGkHdeN3abQA/edit?usp=sharing

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26 PERSONS SIGNED UP SO FAR!!! :chewdance: :stdance:

Lets keep it going. I would love to see 50-60 marching from all 3 groups!

Joel Webne
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI, I have only received $100 total between the 3 groups.
I have received the complete funds from Garrison Tyranus but havent gotten complete funds from Freedom Base or Firestorm Clan.

Thanks in advance.

Joel Webne
Sol Kar Ploon (Brooks Pace)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be trooping a new costume this Christmas (Endor Commando)...can't wait!

Luke: "I don't believe it"
Yoda: "that is why you failed"
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Shane, his truck, and I are all out for this year. Sad My work has an even that morning that I have to attend.

Everyone have a good time up in Richmond!
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:
Well, Shane, his truck, and I are all out for this year. Sad My work has an even that morning that I have to attend.

Everyone have a good time up in Richmond!

Sorry to hear about this...you will be missed

Joel Webne
TGaines107 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there but I'm on the fence with a Snowie/501st or Jedi/Freedom. Do we have any old school generic Jedi for those who are going? I see lots of other cool costumes going. Leaning heavily to the Jedi.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Medals: 6 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mine......but I was also considering my royal guard or my Cantina Bith this year

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
Shivannd (Joel Webne)
Freedom Base CO
Freedom Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGaines107 wrote:
I'll be there but I'm on the fence with a Snowie/501st or Jedi/Freedom. Do we have any old school generic Jedi for those who are going? I see lots of other cool costumes going. Leaning heavily to the Jedi.

Thanks Troy. I dont know whether Bill and Lillian will be coming. We may have a one other Jedi marching besides John who will be in Obi Wan.

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
I have mine......but I was also considering my royal guard or my Cantina Bith this year

I dont know if we are going to have any pilots this year...it would be great to have some orange...

Joel Webne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Central Virginia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: